đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

One Dance is the most 'irrelevant' no. 1 hit song on the Billboard Hot 100

RadioIsOurs

Featured Posts

adamsenigma
11 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

He's apparently filming a video for it now. But its seems kinda pointless. Someone put up a lyric video that has over 170 million views and over 800k likes. So...just seems wasteful right now.

But yeah, I think the song's terrible. When I see the term "dancehall," I expect to hear a song that I can actually dance to. The beat sounds like it was somebody sitting a piano, deciding to interrupt by annoyingly hitting a random key sporadically. A beat that sounds like someone being annoying doesn't constitute to a jam to my ears. Drake's vocals, while not as bad as usual, still aren't good enough. The lyrics are so boring and repetative, I don't know how anyone can listen to this and be like "I relate to this" or think it has a great message. It's the definition of generic, soul-less music. I don't get Drake's popularity. At all. RnB is so bad these days. People think they're being so deep when they're being generic. They think they're being so personal writing about their one week relationships. They think they're being so avant garde by doing stripped back (in other words, boring) music videos. Yet, this stuff is selling like hot cakes right now. Back in the mid 00's, urban music was all about making you want to dance. Now it's about boring you to sleep. The fact out of all the songs, One Dance is almost about to break the all-time record in the UK for the longest running #1 is a sad day. There's no doubt that having a #1 now means something very different to the old days, when you had to actually pay for a bus ticket into town to go to a record shop to buy a song and this one time purchase was all that counted towards sales.

Stay mad while daddy Drake slays ur whole existence. :gaycat:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pharamon

Will you believe me if i told you that i've never heard it - not even once? not even kidding

ALGAYDO

I love seeing y'all pressed haters seethe while Drake, a talented singer/songwriter/rapper, remains unbothered on top of the charts with his multiple millions :giveup:

Creyk
14 minutes ago, HOMODRAKE said:

I love seeing y'all pressed haters seethe while Drake, a talented singer/songwriter/rapper, remains unbothered on top of the charts with his multiple millions :giveup:

No one is pressed over him

As lovers of pop music on here, it is natural for us to come together and bash a genre that most of us simply don't enjoy. Its one of the ways in which the community can relate to each other.

ALGAYDO
5 minutes ago, Creyk said:

No one is pressed over him

As lovers of pop music on here, it is natural for us to come together and bash a genre that most of us simply don't enjoy. Its one of the ways in which the community can relate to each other.

Are you seriously telling me that it's okay to bash an artist and a whole genre just because it brings people closer together?? What :duck:

Archived