💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

One Dance is the most 'irrelevant' no. 1 hit song on the Billboard Hot 100

RadioIsOurs

Featured Posts

Mythos

I don't even like Drake, but that song is just amazing, also i love too good. :gaycat:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, RainbowBlonde said:

You dance to that basic beat? :neyde:

If you don't move at least a little when One Dance comes on in a club, you don't have a soul. 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

Ferrer Zorola

I like me some Drake but it's just successful bc there's really no competition rn 

LIFE IS GOOD

donutellha

Honestly, the production feels a little rushed and there's no video for it.

Even though it was filmed.

WHY.

:huh:

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

KingRedd

I hate threads like this lmao. But if it wasn't good, it wouldn't be number one. Who cares I just want Gaga :giveup:

May I Read You? 😎

15 minutes ago, donutellha said:

Honestly, the production feels a little rushed and there's no video for it.

Even though it was filmed.

WHY.

:huh:

Because he wants longevity. He will release the video next week and the song will go number one for another 10 weeks bookmark me

RadioIsOurs
43 minutes ago, Pop said:

If you don't move at least a little when One Dance comes on in a club, you don't have a soul. 

Alright just watch me as I create this simple ass beat with my table and y'all will promise to stream my new hit bop, okay? :gaycat:

TheBatman

Love it, well done Drake. Gaga you gonna ever release or even talk about music?

JusKeepBreathin

It's not as bad as Always Be My Baby. That song was generic crap. 

Senseless rant.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Fernster7

I like the song but I agree. Usually songs that have been #1 for that long in the US are relatively popular in my country but not this one, I have not listened to it once if I'm not the one playing it.

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

2 hours ago, RainbowBlonde said:

Alright just watch me as I create this simple ass beat with my table and y'all will promise to stream my new hit bop, okay? :gaycat:

If it's a legit bop, I will! :woot:

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

StrawberryBlond

He's apparently filming a video for it now. But its seems kinda pointless. Someone put up a lyric video that has over 170 million views and over 800k likes. So...just seems wasteful right now.

But yeah, I think the song's terrible. When I see the term "dancehall," I expect to hear a song that I can actually dance to. The beat sounds like it was somebody sitting a piano, deciding to interrupt by annoyingly hitting a random key sporadically. A beat that sounds like someone being annoying doesn't constitute to a jam to my ears. Drake's vocals, while not as bad as usual, still aren't good enough. The lyrics are so boring and repetative, I don't know how anyone can listen to this and be like "I relate to this" or think it has a great message. It's the definition of generic, soul-less music. I don't get Drake's popularity. At all. RnB is so bad these days. People think they're being so deep when they're being generic. They think they're being so personal writing about their one week relationships. They think they're being so avant garde by doing stripped back (in other words, boring) music videos. Yet, this stuff is selling like hot cakes right now. Back in the mid 00's, urban music was all about making you want to dance. Now it's about boring you to sleep. The fact out of all the songs, One Dance is almost about to break the all-time record in the UK for the longest running #1 is a sad day. There's no doubt that having a #1 now means something very different to the old days, when you had to actually pay for a bus ticket into town to go to a record shop to buy a song and this one time purchase was all that counted towards sales.

adamsenigma
9 hours ago, RainbowBlonde said:

I feel like Drake took sleeping pills before singing his vocals... The beat is very basic too, IMO. Not even danceable. Less is sometimes more, but not this case. 

WHAT 

Archived