💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

One Dance is the most 'irrelevant' no. 1 hit song on the Billboard Hot 100

RadioIsOurs

Featured Posts

Levine

These new rules are a JOKE! This song is a JOKE! Its chart run is a JOKE! The music industry is a JOKE! 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paper Gangsta
16 minutes ago, Dawson said:

That's how the charts were decided, but now 100 streams = 1 sale so of course he's smashing all the number one records. Nothing against him, it's just the new rules chart rules have kinda ruined the top 40

i don't even care for him nor the song, but people need to accept streaming is reality and soon digital sales won't be relevant, i know its weird to adapt but its wrong to say "new rules ruined top40". Sales halved in few years. 4m seller from 2011 would sell 2m now, and it's still dropping

Fiona Apple
49 minutes ago, RainbowBlonde said:

But Hotline Bling is relevant. Drake might be overrated, but I'm talking about this song in particular. Does it really sound like it should deserve to be the biggest hit of 2016? Is 2016 really going to be known for this 'phenomenal' hit song, at least in theory? I mean it would probably be forgotten by the next year, so 2016 would be left as like a black hole in pop music.

I am talking about this song too. I never said it deserved to be a smash.But neither do most of the songs that become hits... Imo Hello is a really average song and it also smashed. Both songs are going to be remembered. You just feel this way because the song doesn't have a music video (as you said in the OP). So if you are not really into spotify ,you don't understand how huge the song is.

MaryJaneHolland
13 minutes ago, Levine said:

These new rules are a JOKE! This song is a JOKE! Its chart run is a JOKE! The music industry is a JOKE! 

tumblr_nip7laqudv1r8jjn6o2_250.gif

Its been number 1 for 15 weeks in the UK its about to break the all time record it may just be the biggest hit of all time!

7 minutes ago, Britney Spears said:

I am talking about this song too. I never said it deserved to be a smash.But neither do most of the songs that become hits... Imo Hello is a really average song and it also smashed. Both songs are going to be remembered. You just feel this way because the song doesn't have a music video (as you said in the OP). So if you are not really into spotify ,you don't understand how huge the song is.

I totally agree!

Lucas

It doesn't deserve to be #1 for that long but it's a nice song that you can easily enjoy in summer I think

FATCAT
27 minutes ago, Dawson said:

That's how the charts were decided, but now 100 streams = 1 sale so of course he's smashing all the number one records. Nothing against him, it's just the new rules chart rules have kinda ruined the top 40

People make this sound like it's some tragedy, but it's just how the charts have to change for changing times.

Purr more, hiss less.

ゼレミ ノヴェリノ

I really really love One Dance but it's totally irrelevant in my country:flop: . I have yet to hear One Dance being played in any local radio stations here:emma:.

I think it's actually the exact opposite.

Instead of relying on high budget videos and shady media promotions, the song managed to smash for 10 weeks based on MUSIC only.

There's no denying that One Dance is a fabulous song to dance and bop to. It's the epitome of a perfect summer hit. 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

RAMROD

The point of this song is not being danceable.

If you are familiar with Drake music, that is not where his power lies.

It is in his verses. And as far as the beat goes, One Dance is just nice slow jams.

It is great to listen to when your drive, when you are alone, it lift you up.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

RadioIsOurs
1 minute ago, Pop said:

There's no denying that One Dance is a fabulous song to dance and bop to. It's the epitome of a perfect summer hit. 

You dance to that basic beat? :neyde:

QueenGaga

Seriously, I agree. The song isn't good, nor a classic. No potential won't expect many veiws either. It's just there for some reason. The charts are just a joke for me after One Dance and Panda hit no.1 

nativenewyorker

Drake's attitude and voice irritate the f*ck out of me. I can't listen to him no matter how hard I try. 

I can listen to the songs Best I Ever Had, Hold On We're Going Home, Make Me Proud, and Take Care but that's it. 

Idk if it's cuz he sounds so nasally or what but... I can't. One Dance makes me wanna punch the radio. 

ryhanna

Yeah, glad to see others are confused by the song's huge success. I don't see the appeal 

Archived