💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

First time listening to ANTI

ReidOne

Featured Posts

ReidOne

OMG ---- I know I am super late to the party, but I've only just realized that Rihanna's "Same Ol' Mistakes" (truly my fave on ANTI after "Work") is a cover of Tame Impala!!!! AKA, same folks working on LG5. 

No joke, last night I was listening to this song and it was giving me serious Mark Ronson 'Uptown Special' album teas... and now I've just discovered that Kevin Parker of Tame Impala produced on 'Uptown Special.' It's all making sense!! 

I'm am loving the thought of what could be brewing for LG5 with this!! And props to RiRi for jumping on this song. 

ReidOne
21 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

This tune is giving me life.... Whether Rihanna's version or Tame Impala's!! It's masterfully done. 

The true highlight of 'ANTI'

ReidOne

No wonder "Kiss It Better" is so good... it's produced by Jeff Bhasker!! This man has some serious receipts. 

14k8z7d.jpg

ReidOne

OK, so I'm starting to add up the production credits and I'm realizing... Rihanna has already made LG5 (Tame Impala + Mark Ronson's right-hand man, Jeff Bhasker). 

Rihanna has basically hired the team behind Ronson's 'Uptown Special' album and Gaga has done the same. 

AlexanderLevi2

First listen to Anti was rough for me. I didn't get it. So I just listened to Work and Consideration.

After I forced myself to just play it from top to bottom, it has become one of my favorite albums... EVER.

It blows me away. It's split up into all these different sections and seems like a cohesive piece of work rather than singles that have the same sounds.

I will never understand the hate it gets. BUT it is an album that gets better after a few listens.

I really hope she continues this type of album. It just goes against pop standards of  our time and is a breath of creative energy...

I can't get over this album.

Currently listening to Joanne

AlexanderLevi2
On July 25, 2016 at 2:59 AM, MaryJaneHolland said:

Woo x Love on the Brain x Desperado :giveup: my holy trinity 

Woo is a song that doesn't stop giving :giveup:

Currently listening to Joanne

JusKeepBreathin
On July 25, 2016 at 2:19 AM, FATCAT said:

I'm not a fan of her covering Same Ol' Mistakes, because it's almost exactly the same.

But yes, the album isn't the crap chute most paint it to be.

I understand your point, but there is something about Rihanna's voice on this track that is completely different than Tame Impala. This feminine quality of yearning and sexual desire that just isn't there in Tame's version, even though everything else is exactly the same. I'm not just saying that because it Rihanna either. I think Beyonce, Gaga, Alicia Keys and probably a couple other female singers could have pulled off that feminine sex vibe too. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

ReidOne
5 minutes ago, just4fun said:

I understand your point, but there is something about Rihanna's voice on this track that is completely different than Tame Impala. This feminine quality of yearning and sexual desire that just isn't there in Tame's version, even though everything else is exactly the same. I'm not just saying that because it Rihanna either. I think Beyonce, Gaga, Alicia Keys and probably a couple other female singers could have pulled off that feminine sex vibe too. 

I hear it, too! Rihanna brings it to its full potential, in a way. 

I'm just glad we have both versions. 

Monsterish

I didn't understand the hate to ANTI, honestly... Even I prefer ANTI to Lemonade. It's just amazing :diane:

Consideration x Same Ol' Mistakes x Love On The Brain is my Holy Trinity :v: ANTI is my fav album of 2016 soooo far :gaycat:

Archived