question

What was it like as a little monster from 2008-11

Yo GagaGaga

Featured Posts

donutellha
21 hours ago, Yo GagaGaga said:

I became a stan really late in the game, like right after the C2C era ended

same though! I can only imagine all the fun being a fan in a pop era :wub:

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PMKKARDASHiAN
21 hours ago, ReidOne said:

I've been a LM literally since the beginning... I remember falling in love with Just Dance in May/June 2008 and then becoming a full blown stan when the international edition of 'The Fame' was released in August. And first hearing "Poker Face" :giveup: 

2008-2009-2010 was definitely the most exhilarating time. I also lived in Missouri at the time (midwest USA), so getting to see the shift take place from virtually NO dance music on Top 40 radio whatsoever, to Gaga's arrival, and then all the copycats that came after was truly mindblowing. 

I am a lifelong dance-pop music die hard. So this was like the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ to me. Gaga resurrected dance music on US pop radio!!! Right before my very eyes. 

The entire world was captivated by her outlandish fashion. She had as many haters as she did fans since the very beginning. But, there was something the haters could not deny --- EVERYONE in the pop game changed their approach after Gaga arrived. Suddenly all pop stars were wearing "crazy" outfits and spending lots more money on their music videos. 

Gaga's every move was literally followed by mainstream America. I would go to my office for work and I would have co-workers of all ages telling me about seeing her on TV, etc... And most of them saying how much they were surprised that they really enjoyed her music. 

---------

In summary, Gaga's "reign" at the top may have only sustained itself for 3 and a half years, but that was enough time to cement her place in history as one of the most impactful pop artists to ever emerge. We joke about "ha impact" but in all seriousness ---- Gaga's impact is matched by very few. 

Every. Single. Word. 

Been a Stan since October 2008, and watching gagas rise and complete world conquer was incredible! 

Miel

I became interested in Gaga around late 2009 (Speechless, haha), and invested in her early 2010. From Telephone to Alejandro to everything leading up to, and through, Born This Way- it was an incredible time. She was doing so much- there was always an interesting look, or an interesting interview, or an interesting performance.

I mean, it wasn't always perfect, but it was a fun ride. It was like that even up until she broke her hip- for the better or for worse, she was a powerhouse of a spectacle in many different mediums.

That said, it was incredible time not just from her work itself, but also here on GGD as a fanbase. As many have mentioned already, there seemed to be much more room for conversation without cattiness. Though, that's not to blame on anybody in particular- circumstantial evidence points to many people either leaving, or becoming cynical, which is unfortunately unsurprising.

3 points in and ready for more

Haroon
5 hours ago, Didymus said:

Oh. my. god. that gif :air:

@Haroon does your precious heart know about this :diane: 

LOOOL :deadbanana: I've seen that and another one :rip: Gifs from yours would've been so much more expressive :worship2: 

Yo GagaGaga
Just now, Haroon said:

LOOOL :deadbanana: I've seen that and another one :rip: Gifs from yours would've been so much more expressive :worship2: 

dlXBW59.gif

Decodekid

IT WAS THE BEST **** EVAH, THE BITCH WAS SLAYING 24/7 AND THE MONSTER BALL ERA :air:

Im Harol don't tell anyone

Lord Temptation
8 hours ago, UK Monster said:

what about the gaga bashing of 2016 I joined this year in Feb and I know some members who have been pushed out of the Battlefield that is Ggd

Yes, it still goes on.

But many of those Monsters still come on GGD and only look but don't speak. 

I have been reading GGD since the halcyon days of 2010 but I never joined, never wanted to post anything. I just wanted to feel the love.

I only joined in December last year. I was sick of all the hate Gaga was getting and wanted to change the conversation.

But I know not all people are as brave as me. Many just take one glance and then leave without a trace.

This is not a place Monsters feel welcome.

Lord Temptation
6 hours ago, littlepotter said:

This thread pretty much proves otherwise, unlike popular belief. How embarrassing.

jRWw7P.gif

Sure, you're still here. Along with a handful of others. But hundreds, if not thousands of Monsters have come and gone without a trace. Guess they never felt welcome. Or perhaps they couldn't handle the judgment that goes on here.

President Trump

FLOP. So you and everyone else consider the enjoyment of gaga era based on the reception from the community. FLOP!!!!!'nnnmnnn

Ma ma pa pa pa

Katie14

I became a fan in 2011 right around when BTW came out. I remember that summer there was something new every day. I remember one week there were performances/interviews/ect showing up online like every few hours. There was an insane amount of Gaga material to keep us entertained. It was almost like a lifestyle to be a Gaga fan. Well, for me it was my own private lifestyle because I didn't tell anyone I was a fan. 

huttont
On July 11, 2016 at 10:14 PM, ReidOne said:

I've been a LM literally since the beginning... I remember falling in love with Just Dance in May/June 2008 and then becoming a full blown stan when the international edition of 'The Fame' was released in August. And first hearing "Poker Face"  

2008-2009-2010 was definitely the most exhilarating time. I also lived in Missouri at the time (midwest USA), so getting to see the shift take place from virtually NO dance music on Top 40 radio whatsoever, to Gaga's arrival, and then all the copycats that came after was truly mindblowing. 

I am a lifelong dance-pop music die hard. So this was like the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ to me. Gaga resurrected dance music on US pop radio!!! Right before my very eyes. 

The entire world was captivated by her outlandish fashion. She had as many haters as she did fans since the very beginning. But, there was something the haters could not deny --- EVERYONE in the pop game changed their approach after Gaga arrived. Suddenly all pop stars were wearing "crazy" outfits and spending lots more money on their music videos. 

Gaga's every move was literally followed by mainstream America. I would go to my office for work and I would have co-workers of all ages telling me about seeing her on TV, etc... And most of them saying how much they were surprised that they really enjoyed her music. 

---------

In summary, Gaga's "reign" at the top may have only sustained itself for 3 and a half years, but that was enough time to cement her place in history as one of the most impactful pop artists to ever emerge. We joke about "ha impact" but in all seriousness ---- Gaga's impact is matched by very few. 

This is exactly how I feel/felt. The perfect way to describe it. I heard just dance in 2008 and immediately downloaded the album. I showed all of my friends and I got a lot of negative feedback due to her outlandish "style". So I always felt like I had to defend her because I knew she was great. It was really cool seeing her do piano covers of her songs and others. It proved that she actually had a good voice. People started to really like her music after paparazzi and love game. It was a really exciting time, and it is hard to recreate in words, let alone real life. There was just a lot of buzz about her, and that makes an artist really exciting.

Didymus
5 hours ago, Haroon said:

MvHcdX3.gif

Just made that. Dying.

Haroon
1 hour ago, Didymus said:

MvHcdX3.gif

Just made that. Dying.

LOL OH MY GOSH YES lmao.gif

I'm sat here watching it repeatedly and analysing like each movement and what it emphasises :toofunny: The increasing levels of excitement and then the part with the sassy hair movement to top it all off :giveup: I said it years ago but I'll say it again, bravo and amazing work :applause: 

Archived