💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is anyone thankful to Gaga in here?

Miracle

Featured Posts

Seeka

I still appreciate her. I'm just going to point out obviously stupid things. Using something like to try and push hillary's political career was a horrid move on her part.

I'm thankful, and I have always supported Gaga and I usually just go "Yeah you go Gaga" but that was plainly stupid.

Though I think it was Born This Way that gave monsters this stupid self-entitlement in the first place. So not all things good came from Born This Way.

Gotta take the good with the bad.

Quasi
1 minute ago, Nicole said:

People are acting like she's not one of the few contemporary artists that have consistently and unapologetically supported LGBTQ rights from day one and involved herself in numerous political movements for equality...

The "one strike and you're done" approach on social media towards people making mistakes, especially among celebrities, is ridiculous. you don't need to "forgive and forget" or turn a blind eye to her mistakes, but so many people are just completely ignoring everything she's done and is accusing her of plain exploitation and i'm ???? 

Exactly. What she did was wrong and she felt bad for it. I'm okay with it. Sure it rubbed me the wrong way initially but I already forgot about it and that one tweet isn't going to change the years of admiration I've had for her. Grudges are exhausting and frankly, I don't wanna hold one against Gaga because I don't care enough about the one mistake she made. Who seriously has the energy to stay angry about one tweet. :emma:

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

Nicole
4 minutes ago, Quasi said:

Exactly. What she did was wrong and she felt bad for it. I'm okay with it. Sure it rubbed me the wrong way initially but I already forgot about it and that one tweet isn't going to change the years of admiration I've had for her. Grudges are exhausting and frankly, I don't wanna hold one against Gaga because I don't care enough about the one mistake she made. Who seriously has the energy to stay angry about one tweet. :emma:

Same! I completely understand why people are upset, but it's not like she has remained ignorant to what she did wrong. She realised, and she did what she could to fix the situation. She's done far more good that outweighs this one wrong choice, and people need to remember that.  

Frankenztein

Gratitude for past actions does not absolve her from responsibility in her present/future actions. If she makes a mistake we are not obligated to turn a blind eye just because she's earned enough brownie points from her past advocacy. 

kabirartfling

Reading the comments and i feel that the fans have a bigger ego than the artist here! The post is simply to remind us that Lady Gaga is one of us, she cares for humanity just as much! Why don't we question ourselfs before pointing fingers at someone about helping the community? What do we (fans ) do for the community? Sit at homes and tweet compassionate prayers for the victim! Thats really it! Never forget that this lady took the risk of exploring the lgbt world at the very prime of her career, it could have gone wrong, the gp could have written her off but thanks to her our community is now wider than ever before.

Give your love to me

Chelseaaaaaa

As if you can't be thankful for her and criticize the woman at the same time. She isn't a deity so I won't treat her like one. No blind worship here.

giskardsb
3 hours ago, Seeka said:

I still appreciate her. I'm just going to point out obviously stupid things. Using something like to try and push hillary's political career was a horrid move on her part.

I think you guys are misinterpreting this part.   If she thinks Hillary can be part of the solution for this type  of violence, why wouldn't she say something about it?  The election is coming up fast.  I don't think it was simple shilling, I think she really believes that Hillary can make a difference for this type of thing.  Some may believe otherwise, of course.

Helxig

More thankful to her than I can explain in this forum! About so many things.

I need to tell her one day in person. I will tell her one day in person :gaycat:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Seeka
5 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

I think you guys are misinterpreting this part.   If she thinks Hillary can be part of the solution for this type  of violence, why wouldn't she say something about it?  The election is coming up fast.  I don't think it was simple shilling, I think she really believes that Hillary can make a difference for this type of thing.  Some may believe otherwise, of course.

You know the phrase "Too soon?"

It was too soon.

She shouldn't have done that, today. It could have waited till when, people were sane, had brain to work with.

Now, we're wrecked with grief and anger. Now is not the damn time for making points to be taken seriously. People don't do the smart or right thing when they're angry or grieving. They do the thing that is smart (but to others, incredibly stupid) and selfish thing for them.

It is too soon, and shilling out your preferred candidate is okay, but not right now. It could have waited, and should have waited.

This was an obvious momentary lack of tact, decorum, and overall taste, and hopefully, will not happen again.

I never would put politics ahead of people's personal feelings. That is like going up to someone and saying "Hey will you punch me in the face? Like REALLY hard? I don't wanna feel my brain for a week."

RAMROD

It's weird how you should ask that.

Of course people are thankful but doesn't mean we have to think what she did always right when it's not.

Let's have a common sense for a little here, would you want someone came to funeral of loved ones 

and instead of sending condolences, she would say "vote for xx politician because if this person reigned none of this would happen!" 

No, that is not cool, that is uncalled for. And Gaga, of all people, who come of so kind and mature with her fans should know better.

She removed that particular tweet, she know for sure she fxcked up by that time. So why can't some her fans see that too? 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Tbh i couldn't care less because I'm here for music. But yeah it was strange thing to say from such person as her. I don't think monsters need to be grateful or whatever. We know that she doesn't owe us anything, but we also don't owe anything to her, just look at her bank account.

At the end of the day everyone have themself as the main priority and sometimes I think people should remember Gaga is only a human. And we have no idea what are her motives.  

Roomingfree77
4 hours ago, kabirartfling said:

Reading the comments and i feel that the fans have a bigger ego than the artist here! The post is simply to remind us that Lady Gaga is one of us, she cares for humanity just as much! Why don't we question ourselfs before pointing fingers at someone about helping the community? What do we (fans ) do for the community? Sit at homes and tweet compassionate prayers for the victim! Thats really it! Never forget that this lady took the risk of exploring the lgbt world at the very prime of her career, it could have gone wrong, the gp could have written her off but thanks to her our community is now wider than ever before.

if she was perfect we would be calling her lady Jesus instead of Lady Gaga

WORLDofGAGA
6 hours ago, Harry said:

Most people felt better after she tweeted further about the incident so this discussion sorta feels late, but anyway...

No gratitude for her fame? She lives in a ****ing $23 million house in Malibu because of her fans. She's set for life. I understand that there are many downsides and pressures of fame, but you really think she has walked away empty handed?

Of course there were overreactions from a lot of people but it doesn't mean that she can't be pulled up on missteps regarding sensitive issues when she makes them... She's in a position with a large influence and following so of course if she makes a statement as bold as she did it will be discussed and criticised.

And just because ONE tweet was criticised, it doesn't mean that the rest of her career is forgotten and no longer appreciated. Sometimes my friends and members of my family will say something stupid/offensive that I have to call them out for, but it doesn't mean I no longer love them.

This is so true! Everyone makes mistakes, why should Gaga's be of a bigger thing when she does! 

@W0RLDofGAGA

Archived