Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga b-sides... one of the things we love most

ReidOne

Featured Posts

Lona Delery

That one is one of the best songs Gaga has

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

KyliesChild
11 hours ago, 15jocart said:

So you know how Prince had a vault of unreleased songs, albums, music videos, etc.? Do you think that Gaga has something similar?

Gaga does make albums just fur her, so I'm sure she has plenty.

Seeka
9 hours ago, gagata said:

Really ? Brooklyn night is worst, i hate that song, but sure, many of her unr songs are very good, Animals, Rockshow, Red and Blue, Fashion

Red and Blue received an official release...

llbcherry

Guys, b-sides are not the same as unreleased songs. For example, Nov Way is not a b-side. It was never officially released. Since Tori Amost was mentioned in the OP, I will use her (and Gaga) in my example. 

In 1994, Tori released her 2nd studio album, Under the Pink. One of her singles from the album was the song Cornflake Girl.

Back then, and I think most artists still do, they would release a CD for each of the singles. Gaga does this. They usually have 2 to 4 or 5 tracks. Gaga's usually have- the single, then several remixes of the single, or another song directly from the album, and a remix or two of that as well. This is the norm nowadays. 

But with TORI, her singles would have NEW SONGS, aka B-SIDES. For example,  the Tori single I mentioned above, Cornflake Girl, had the following tracklist:

US CD Single (with different artwork)

"Cornflake Girl" (Edit) – 3:54 the single, from the album

"Sister Janet" – 4:00 new unheard song, never before released

"Daisy Dead Petals" – 3:03 also new song, same

"Honey" – 3:47 also new song, same

These 3 new tracks were not on the album, and were only available as b-sides on this single! It was awesome, because you could potentially get new music with every single, but, if you were a diehard fan, it also meant you had to buy EVERY SINGLE if you wanted those tracks. (This was before itunes, people!) THESE are what B-SIDES are, by the modern definition.

To my knowledge, Gaga has never released any new songs as a b-side on one of her singles.

Songs like "No Way" are not b-sides. These are just unreleased songs that were leakedor otherwise made available somehow.

It would be awesome if Gaga would do what Tori did, and provide new music with her singles instead of just remixes and stuff!

I just wanted to explain this. If you got this far, thanks for reading!

JustAnotherDay

I know Madonna had all the Rebel Heart unreleased but does she have a lot of other unreleased songs? I would love to hear some from Ray of Light or COAD, does anyone have any?

was NickARTPOP

LUO YI
1 minute ago, NickARTPOP said:

I know Madonna had all the Rebel Heart unreleased but does she have a lot of other unreleased songs? I would love to hear some from Ray of Light or COAD, does anyone have any?

Yes,  for example Like A Flower from Ray Of Light I think.  There's a big compilation in Madonna Infinity (without RH unreleased be of the rules of the site) and you can also find some in YouTube.

The night sky tells all

llbcherry
1 hour ago, llbcherry said:

Guys, b-sides are not the same as unreleased songs. For example, Nov Way is not a b-side. It was never officially released. Since Tori Amost was mentioned in the OP, I will use her (and Gaga) in my example. 

So, typos really bother me, and once again, I am having the issue where GGD is not letting me "Save" my edit, so for my perfectionist, completionist sake, I a, acknowledging and correcting it here.

Nov Way should read, "No Way"

And Amost should read, Amos

:saladga:.......:laughga:

Thanks, guys!

avalon x
22 hours ago, ReidOne said:

4 of the biggest gay icons that immediately preceded Gaga. And what do they have in common? TONS of b-sides and unreleased material that makes their fans squeal. I think Gaga is an ace at playing the same game and keeping her fans enthralled by ensuring they have plenty of songs beyond what simply makes the cut for an album to keep them engaged.

Case in point... "Brooklyn Nights" is probably among my top 10 favorite Gaga songs of all time. 

We're sure enthralled right now. :green: LG5? Wat dat?

Spoiler

I would agree with you if it was her previous eras... but this isn't exactly true as of now.

Nevermind me, please carry on. :lolga:

Archived