Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

7/27 Has Left iTunes Top 10 Already, why?

Dangerous Man

Why has 5H new album left ikoons top 10 just 5 days after its release?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Why has 5H new album left ikoons top 10 just 5 days after its release?

• The album is bad overall :/
    • People's taste are trash. This is so unfair. :'(
    • I blame Camila and her fans.
    • They have a new album out? :confused:

Featured Posts

Serendipity
3 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

That is very true. Although, in Fifth Harmony's case, I think he's been a bit too focused on trying to get them to make it that he's slacked on some of his other acts. It shocks me that Little Mix are on album #3 and he still hasn't made an effort to give them a massive push in the US. He might have done if he didn't come up with the idea of Fifth Harmony. I don't understand why he didn't realise he already had a girl group to promote and just focused on them. Making 2 rival girl groups with albums out around the same time was a bad idea and he's totally been giving Fifth Harmony all the attention right now, even though Little Mix are totally superior commercially. Their UK numbers are better than US numbers which is really a feat because America is a much bigger country and thus, higher sales should be a given based purely on population. But they just can't seem to truly make it. Simon totally made Cheryl say to an aspiring girl band on X Factor UK "I don't know how you'll compete alongside all the new girl groups like Little Mix and Fifth Harmony." 5H only had one top ten at the time and their album wasn't selling here - that endorsement was totally fed to her by Simon, in an attempt to convince they public that they were big. It didn't work.

The fact that LM's new album could go double Platinum in UK is massive :air: 

also, the Girls just finished a sold out tour :air: 

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond
4 minutes ago, LG said:

Because, as I said in the post you quoted, he does not treat them as artists as soon as the TV show is over. They ride out their last spark of fame and he does nothing to keep it going. If they lose their 15 minutes of fame he drops them from the label and moves on.

Susan Boyle was meant to be huge, her traction died out and he did nothing to keep it going.

Olly Murs was supposed to be huge, he's resorted to hosting TV shows now.

I feel bad for people who get signed to Simon Cowell. His label is exploitative and awful.

Yeah, if they don't keep it going, he gives up. But LM have kept it going and are outdoing their peak, so I don't know why he isn't trying harder. Susan's fame died out because she prefers to live the quiet life now and she has some emotional problems. Olly tried to make it in the US but the push wasn't big enough, he's currently working on a new album, he's just taking longer breaks between them now (although I think the last one was his last burst of energy). Leona Lewis is the biggest failure on Simon's part. She had it all, the most successful act from the XF franchise ever and after her under-performing second album, he gave up on her. I think her lack of good material played a big role, though. Just because she had a good voice didn't mean she had good songs. I think a lot of people regretted buying her debut for that very reason. If she'd just had better songwriters and Simon's support, she still could be big to this day. But she just had too much talent for Simon to deal with and he's always preferred male acts as they're so much easier to market and sell. Such sexism.

3 minutes ago, Baby Blue said:

The fact that LM's new album could go double Platinum in UK is massive :air: 

also, the Girls just finished a sold out tour :air: 

Agreed, that was an outstanding achievement in this day and age, especially considering how it's their third album and yet they're at a career peak. It's very rare to see an artist out-peak their debut these days. I don't think anyone expected them to still be going strong and getting even better. After their under-performing second album and a charity single that failed to go top 5, I really thought it might be the end for them. But they proved everyone wrong and came back more successful than before. You can tell even Simon's thinking: "This wasn't the plan!" He likely thought they were on the way out, hence why he put so much energy into Fifth Harmony. Little did he know, they'd soon be competing against one another and the older group would be winning. So, the moral is: don't make a new band until the last band are unquestionably over. Similar to that proverb: don't buy a new bucket until the last one stops holding water.

Serendipity
17 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Yeah, if they don't keep it going, he gives up. But LM have kept it going and are outdoing their peak, so I don't know why he isn't trying harder. Susan's fame died out because she prefers to live the quiet life now and she has some emotional problems. Olly tried to make it in the US but the push wasn't big enough, he's currently working on a new album, he's just taking longer breaks between them now (although I think the last one was his last burst of energy). Leona Lewis is the biggest failure on Simon's part. She had it all, the most successful act from the XF franchise ever and after her under-performing second album, he gave up on her. I think her lack of good material played a big role, though. Just because she had a good voice didn't mean she had good songs. I think a lot of people regretted buying her debut for that very reason. If she'd just had better songwriters and Simon's support, she still could be big to this day. But she just had too much talent for Simon to deal with and he's always preferred male acts as they're so much easier to market and sell. Such sexism.

Agreed, that was an outstanding achievement in this day and age, especially considering how it's their third album and yet they're at a career peak. It's very rare to see an artist out-peak their debut these days. I don't think anyone expected them to still be going strong and getting even better. After their under-performing second album and a charity single that failed to go top 5, I really thought it might be the end for them. But they proved everyone wrong and came back more successful than before. You can tell even Simon's thinking: "This wasn't the plan!" He likely thought they were on the way out, hence why he put so much energy into Fifth Harmony. Little did he know, they'd soon be competing against one another and the older group would be winning. So, the moral is: don't make a new band until the last band are unquestionably over. Similar to that proverb: don't buy a new bucket until the last one stops holding water.

Yeah, I agree

Leone had the potential to be a main pop girl, but after Spirit, he gave up on her.

LM is working on a new album, so I hope he pushes them this time

gagaisitalian
On 5/31/2016 at 10:01 AM, just4fun said:

TBH they are a singles artist. Their opening week this week is half of all the 150k albums their last album sold to date. But the album has some bops. I love Squeeze, Write On Me and That's My Girl. They also have two versions that if you add still make them at least #8 or more on iTunes. Also they are debuting with an increase in sales from their last first week which was 61k. If anything it means they are growing their brand. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't understand the high expectations of sales from a band that has never really sold well. They are probably selling what their label was expecting. If you notice they didn't really spend a lot on marketing like Blake did. Blake still has more marketing up on iTunes than 5H.

All very true points.

I don't understand why people hate on 5H so much. They stay in their lane and seem like nice girls. I for one do like the album. It's easy to listen to and I think most of the songs are great bops for driving to. And the real truth to being a girl group, is that their market is saturated with tween girls who want BOY bands. Tweens want sex appeal from men, not from girls. I will continue to support 5H and hope to see them on their 7/27 tour.

Noir

anyone commenting saying it's a bad album, 9/10 haven't even heard half the tracks, let alone the full album! Their fanbase were probably the driving force for it staying in the top 10 and now most / all of their major fans have purchased the album, they're relying on the GP's coins.

Dangerous Man
7 hours ago, Baby Blue said:

Will they even debut in Top 5 :rip: 

Yeah, #4 on sps chart.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

JesseBabe

Idk about everyone else's opinion on the matter, but me personally I wasn't too impressed with their new album, and Idk, something about them all together just makes me a little uncomfortable. What I mean by this is that they all look like they can barely stand each other, which puts me off. I had seen a few pictures and videos of them all together and when Camilla talks a few of the girls were like :excuseu: or were so uninterested in what she had to say. Also, I have no idea what they're names are besides the one I just mentioned. Their voices all kind of blend together and so do their personalities. Lol

Dangerous Man

13 (-2) 7/26

Yikes

weed

I really don't like them... Idk why but I just don't

Dangerous Man

15 (-2) 7/27

Out from top 20 before Friday midnight? :eww: 

INNA

Carmella Caballo is coming for wigs with ha solo career

fragment-fragment--bul-uh...scab-uh..fragment-foot, bullet fragment foot bich!

Fiona Apple

Because it is a bad album.Camila go solo now that you still have spotilight

Redstreak

What the hell? Why is Chris Stapleton still in the top 10?

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Serendipity
17 minutes ago, Dangerous Man said:

15 (-2) 7/27

Out from top 20 before Friday midnight? :eww: 

Tragic :rip: 

Hellspont

Every mainstream pop album is bad theres like 1 in 100 that are actually good.

Archived