💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why is there a scorpion on the 'Venus' single cover art?

ReidOne

Featured Posts

Swan Heart

Venus should have been a single. :diane:

I don't understand people who call it messy and overproduced.. It's so rich of sound and it has so many layers. The lyrics of the song are well thought out but quite quirky and humorous at the same time. And the melody is one of Gaga's best.

And God, the video we could have been blessed with.... :diane::diane::diane:

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
prince

I always thought it could have had an odd reference to Daphne Guinness as well tbh

lady-gaga-venus-artwork-1%20copy.jpgdaphne-guinness.jpg

ReidOne
Just now, Swan Heart said:

I don't understand people that call it messy and overproduced.. It's so rich of sound and it has so many layers. Not every song should be radio-friendly with some corny lyrics and a basic beat over it all.

The lyrics of the song are well thought out but quite quirky and humorous at the same time. And the melody is one of Gaga's best.

And God, the video we could have got. :diane::diane::diane:

I was resisting replying with generic "Venus" praise (because I could go on for HOURS on the topic, lol), but since you've gone there, I will join you! :D :hug::wub:

"Venus" is probably my favorite thing that Gaga has ever done. To me, it is her anthem. Her identity. Sure, she has "better" songs (Poker Face, Bad Romance, Telephone, etc...), but "Venus" is something special. When I think of who Lady Gaga is to me, I think of her artRAVE performances of Venus. 

401.jpg

ReidOne
Just now, mrtommytom said:

I always thought it could have had an odd reference to Daphne Guinness as well tbh

lady-gaga-venus-artwork-1%20copy.jpgdaphne-guinness.jpg

:O

And the layers of the onion just keep unfolding!! I love it! 

KyliesChild

@Steve Nasty

Well about the bat:

ARTPOP in songs like G.U.Y. and Venus were about rebirth, and the animal sign of a bat is just that. Since Gaga associated rebirth with Aprhrodite and channeling her persona in the song, the image represents so. The bat sign also represents intuition, and the bat is also associated with spiritual growth.

http://www.whats-your-sign.com/animal-symbolism-bat.html

I wonder if this could be love?

This could be looooooove!"

Intuition.

Gaga explores her surroundings in the bridge as she explores different planets.

ReidOne
5 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

I was resisting replying with generic "Venus" praise (because I could go on for HOURS on the topic, lol), but since you've gone there, I will join you! :D :hug::wub:

"Venus" is probably my favorite thing that Gaga has ever done. To me, it is her anthem. Her identity. Sure, she has "better" songs (Poker Face, Bad Romance, Telephone, etc...), but "Venus" is something special. When I think of who Lady Gaga is to me, I think of her artRAVE performances of Venus. 

401.jpg

OK... I'm going off the deep end, but i have to share. One of the greatest moments of my concert-going life was when I stood right at the feet of Venus herself during the artRAVE in San Diego. This was my first artRAVE (out of 4 shows), and I had NO IDEA she was going to pop out of the stage and perform Venus RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. I absolutely lost my mind witnessing this!!! Literally brings tears to my eyes watching it again now... so much joy! 

My spontaneous video of the moment: 

(....and yes --- wait for it in the video ---- I did show up packing little aliens in my pocket to bring out for this performance!! LOL)

The Child

I loved the singles cover and the Aphrodite/Seashell bikini look but the song is IMO a little bit too aggressive in its production and it would have done badly as a single. It should have been released as a single but like Rihanna did, 2 singles released at the same time. 

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Her ARTPOP covers are the best. Especially the Venus ones. Especially the Bat one

JustAnotherDay
15 minutes ago, Swan Heart said:

I don't understand people who call it messy and overproduced.. It's so rich of sound and it has so many layers. The lyrics of the song are well thought out but quite quirky and humorous at the same time. And the melody is one of Gaga's best.

And God, the video we could have been blessed with.... :diane::diane::diane:

I love the song so much , the thing about it is I could see it either doing incredible or flopping hard. On one hand it is so infectious, the choruses and hooks are perfect for a single but some of the lyrics like "Aphrodite lady seashell bikini garden panties," are a little bit odd and could alienate some people. I feel like most likely it would peak in the mid teens on the charts. 

was NickARTPOP

imagine godone or mark ronson produced venus with gaga together <3 it would've been the best song in this solar system

KyliesChild
5 minutes ago, Domino said:

Gagas Venus is in Aries not Scorpio 

Yes, but her moon is a Scorpio.

crisTEAne
1 hour ago, NickARTPOP said:

I love the song so much , the thing about it is I could see it either doing incredible or flopping hard. On one hand it is so infectious, the choruses and hooks are perfect for a single but some of the lyrics like "Aphrodite lady seashell bikini garden panties," are a little bit odd and could alienate some people. I feel like most likely it would peak in the mid teens on the charts. 

my anaconda don't...
my anaconda don't...
my anaconda don't want none unless you got buns hun

:usrs:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Archived