• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• deathray

• Pegasus

• AnaLucia95

• Swine

StrawberryBlond

These are still the first dates, though. Not the only. ;)

Easy for you to say: you don't live in Scotland. Our country is notorious for being left out when it comes to tour dates. Its got progressively better over the years, but we usually only get one arena tour date at the most and it depends on the artist. I can see Gaga adding more English dates and possibly a Welsh one but she may not bother with Scotland this time. Artists tend to be schizophrenic when it comes to touring in Scotland. They sometimes tour here once and then never again. I think Britney did that.

StrawberryBlond

Just realised this:

New Zealand - 4 million+ population. 3 tour dates.

Singapore - 5 million+ population: 3 tour dates.

Hong Kong - 7million+ population. 4 tour dates.

South Korea - 48 million+ population: 1 tour date.

Australia - 28 million+ population. 14 tour dates.

UK - 62 million+ population. 2 tour dates.

The country with the biggest population only has 2 dates thus far. I know there may well be more released later, but really, that is ridiculous. Surely, the bigger the population, the more dates she should make? Really, 14 Australian dates is pretty ridiculous for a country that has less than half the UK's population. If she announced a ton of them right away, why can't she do the same for a more populated country?

blueandpurple

Easy for you to say: you don't live in Scotland. Our country is notorious for being left out when it comes to tour dates. Its got progressively better over the years, but we usually only get one arena tour date at the most and it depends on the artist. I can see Gaga adding more English dates and possibly a Welsh one but she may not bother with Scotland this time. Artists tend to be schizophrenic when it comes to touring in Scotland. They sometimes tour here once and then never again. I think Britney did that.

IA. Britney has never been here though and this will be Madonna's first time when she comes over also. I hope that when the new arena is built in 2013, more artists will come and not only once.

StrawberryBlond

IA. Britney has never been here though and this will be Madonna's first time when she comes over also. I hope that when the new arena is built in 2013, more artists will come and not only once.

Britney did two concerts at the SECC with the Onyx Hotel Tour in 2004. It was her first time touring in Scotland and she never came back. But yes, I believe this is Madonna's first time touring here as well. Indeed, I hope the Hydro will encourage more artists to come again and and again. Its not made clear exactly how many it holds for concerts, though. It states that it has 12,000 seats but doesn't say anything about standing room. The SECC's biggest hall holds 12,000 people, so maybe plus standing space, the Hydro will hold just under 20,000 people? That's almost the size of the MEN arena and Gaga's touring there. Here's hoping this gives her some incentive....

TheMadridHash

Well 21 to start

unless she's adding some more at the begginig (wich doesn't seem very likely) there could only be like 10 more dates tops

ich would mean an european leg of around 35 plus the 33 that's 68 dates

wich isn't much, i thought the european dates will be at least 40 dates, but of course that was when i thought she was doing arenas in the UK so for example the O2 would at least get 3 or 4 dates, now with twick there's like 0 chance of that happening

although, stadium shows are better for gaga, less dates and MORE CASH

go slayga

blueandpurple

Britney did two concerts at the SECC with the Onyx Hotel Tour in 2004. It was her first time touring in Scotland and she never came back. But yes, I believe this is Madonna's first time touring here as well. Indeed, I hope the Hydro will encourage more artists to come again and and again. Its not made clear exactly how many it holds for concerts, though. It states that it has 12,000 seats but doesn't say anything about standing room. The SECC's biggest hall holds 12,000 people, so maybe plus standing space, the Hydro will hold just under 20,000 people? That's almost the size of the MEN arena and Gaga's touring there. Here's hoping this gives her some incentive....

Oh cool, never knew she did any here. Artists don't come here because they think that the UK=England, the only "big" artist who comes here regularly is Rihanna :flop:. I think that she will come here but will just do a stadium as the SECC is quite small compared to everywhere else she's doing, she may still though. I'm just not buying anything until i know the extra dates as i can't travel to Manchester cause of the expenses.

TheMadridHash

Madrid? :cry:

you know, i thought so too

its kind of weird, but anyway isn't barcelona like 3 hours away by car, not a big deal is it

Spock

Does anyone know how to access the UK presale tomorrow?

who will love me when the night is over

Amen Fashion

Just realised this:

New Zealand - 4 million+ population. 3 tour dates.

Singapore - 5 million+ population: 3 tour dates.

Hong Kong - 7million+ population. 4 tour dates.

South Korea - 48 million+ population: 1 tour date.

Australia - 28 million+ population. 14 tour dates.

UK - 62 million+ population. 2 tour dates.

The country with the biggest population only has 2 dates thus far. I know there may well be more released later, but really, that is ridiculous. Surely, the bigger the population, the more dates she should make? Really, 14 Australian dates is pretty ridiculous for a country that has less than half the UK's population. If she announced a ton of them right away, why can't she do the same for a more populated country?

Germany - 82 million+ population, 2 tour dates :nacho: