Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Britney Spears Stans: Help Me Love Your Queen

VenusBlackStar

Featured Posts

VenusBlackStar

BEFORE READING: Yes, I know I could just sit on my A$$ and Google sh!t but I thought it would be more fun to hear what some of y'all have to say.

This is a strange request, perhaps, but I need help loving Britney Spears. Like, I really want to but I think I need a little guidance, and I know a lot of you here drop your gay little panties for Britney. :gaycat:

I'm 22, so I was pretty young when Britney debuted and I've always had this love/hate thing about her that I think was cemented in me from an early age cuz I really, really loved all the debut hits, but I was the only boy in my class in first/second grade who admitted liking them while my male friends told me I should be listening to Linkin Park and Korn and the other bands who were big around the late '90s/early '00s (fun fact: while I was scared of Korn back then, I LOVE them now lol)

Then I got older and sort of just was annoyed by her and either "trained" myself to not like her even though I low key stanned for most of Femme Fatale back in high school (yeah, I know...THAT ALBUM, but Til The World Ends slays me for some reason), and I like Toxic and few other random hits, and I respect her position in pop culture and her impact on the sound and look of pop music over the years, but for me she's always just been....there. :lana:

SO. Killing two birds with one stone by crowd-sourcing AND promoting story-sharing and sense of community here, what are some of your favorite songs/videos/performances/moments of the Princess of Pop? Why do you like her as much as you do? What's your special connection to her? What are some really good album tracks forgotten by the GP?

Thomas P

What got me to love her was the Britney/Brittany episode of glee. For some reason that made me fall absolutely in love with her.

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

DiscoHeaven23

My journey with Britney is up and down 

I bought her first album "...Baby One More Time" in 1999 and loved it. But then over the next few years I learned that Britney was an artist that only girls could like. So that was during her Oops...I Did It Again and Britney eras. Though i had Hit Clips of Britney's "Lucky" and "Stronger", but i couldn't tell anyone. (I was like 8,9,10,11 years old around that time.) Linkin Park was my favorite artist. Then when In The Zone came out, i was in 6th grade and Britney became kinda cool for girls AND boys to like. Toxic was huge and Everytime was amazing. But then Britney's whole episode happened and I thought she was a mess. Looking back, i hate how judgmental i was of her. I remember in 8th grade we all laughed at her in class. Then when Blackout came out, i remember being a casual listener. I LOVED "Break the Ice". And then "Circus" is when i became a stan. I ADORED that album and still do. I've loved her ever since. 

ryanripley

i remember her Baby One More Time video as a kid and then when i developed a music taste, it was when Womanizer came out and it was true love from then on :flutter: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

The Child

Omg I have such a big complicated sorry with her, I really love her now because of her breakdown how she's truly a survivor, she's one of us! I like the fact that with all her achievements she stays humble! She's down to earth, she is the girl next door! I love almost all of her performances from the In The Zone era circa 2003-04.

Some really good tracks forgotten by the GP:

Unusual You

Mannequin

Phonography

Hot As Ice

Ooh Ooh Baby

Break The Ice

Up N Down

Trouble For Me

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Spock

I've been a fan ever since Baby One More Time, I was like 5 at the time. I'll still remember the first time we saw the video at our old house. My older sister was a huge stan of hers, and naturally so was I :emma:

She even had that GameBoy Advanced game :rip:

who will love me when the night is over

Stephen

Britney is so humble and down to earth even after all these years. That's one of the reasons I love her. Look up funny Britney moments you'll fall in love with her personality. All her VMA performances are iconic. Her best albums are In the Zone and Blackout, but all of them are full of bops... Except maybe Britney Jean but even that one gave us the iconic work bitch. 

I personally didn't really get into Britney until the Circus era. I thought the video for If U Seek Amy was genius :air: 

Bio

I was a hardcore Britney stan since I was 10 years old (Britney era). I was obsessed with her and her music. Had all her albums and most of her singles in physical copies. As I got older I started to discover greater artists who were true geniuses like Michael, Madonna and Kylie and my love for Britney started to die a little (got critical after the Circus era and Gaga). When I went to see her live for the first time (Femme Fatale Tour), it was the last time I called myself a Britney stan. Literally the worst show I've ever been in my life.

PaperIz

She's a total sweetheart and she's redefined pop music on multiple occasions. She's perfect. She's the reason I love pop music. I wouldn't be who I am without her.

VenusBlackStar

Omg these stories and list of songs is amazing - thanks everyone who posted so far! :hug:

VenusBlackStar
1 minute ago, Ciccone Madonna said:

Hahaha gurrl I don't need no guidance to loving this b!tch I'm already there :hor:

Ciccone Madonna
Just now, VenusBlackStar said:

Hahaha gurrl I don't need no guidance to loving this b!tch I'm already there :hor:

sorry i got confused, I had too tabs open one with daily madonnamusic tab and other for youtube. By mistake i posted this sorry:toofunny: i am old forgive me.

VenusBlackStar
16 minutes ago, Bio said:

I was a hardcore Britney stan since I was 10 years old (Britney era). I was obsessed with her and her music. Had all her albums and most of her singles in physical copies. As I got older I started to discover greater artists who were true geniuses like Michael, Madonna and Kylie and my love for Britney started to die a little (got critical after the Circus era and Gaga). When I went to see her live for the first time (Femme Fatale Tour), it was the last time I called myself a Britney stan. Literally the worst show I've ever been in my life.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience at her show - but thanks for the honest thought about her. What was it that made it bad? Like, I know she lip syncs and has her shortcomings as an artist and stuff, but was it more than that?

Archived