Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why America loves Rihanna so much ?

Ciccone Madonna

Featured Posts

Benji

She releases good music that's pretty approachable for most people and it's fun.

Everyone complaining about her can suck my ass.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, LePetitMonstr said:

Because she's generic and has big boobs. Basically the black Katy Perry.

Big Boobs?

actually Rihanna isn't even that sexy to straight men. she's more like the 'girl they wouldn't **** because they'd rather have her as just a friend since she's too cool as one of the boys' type.

and being everyone's gal pal is precisely her appeal.

JackTheTripper

Why do American love and  praise Kardashians, Justin Bieber, disney child stars, and other jokes, why are they against imigrant when they colonised the entire continent, why are the messing around the war between midleastern countrys.... there are a lot of thing  i dont undesrtand.... hats off to all the exceptions and progresive individuals, but the country as a whole has a lot of fauls, political and coultural

Ciccone Madonna
7 hours ago, Drunk Poet said:

You clearly don't understand how it works. What is more depressing is that it's not as if you're gloating as though in pride of her 'accomplishments', but instead acting smug as though you're happy that 'music' like this is causing some sort of a revolution or something. 

You need to start opening your eyes. 

Record label hires a professional to write a horribly catchy, almost too easy to digest 'song', makes it initially incredibly annoying. (Believe me, nobody started immediately dancing when they first heard 'wur wur wur wur wur', not even you.)

Oh but there's more. Radios play it first time round and nobody bats an eyelash. That's fine. Of course they play it, it's her new single. 

Then they play it again. And again. And again. And again. And even though most people despised it when they first heard it, they start to sing along. Because it's EASY. Humans like easy, humans like patterns. Record labels aren't stupid and they KNOW this. So they adhere to a formula which works time and time again. 

And then the radio plays it again. Now, please don't tell me you actually think the radio dj is happy to be listening to this song for the 364th time in a week? 

He hates it. Because he knows that there are vaults of golden beautiful poetic soullfull music which is currently being unheard by the new generation of millennials and instead they, like him, hear 'wur wur wur wur wur'.

Nine weeks, ten weeks in a row? The song is played that many times since it has come out? Of course the record label is paying the stations. And it's not always in money, it could be advertising.

And people hear it about 210 times. So what do they do when they get home to their familiar playlists? OF COURSE THEY DOWNLOAD AND BUY IT BECAUSE THE WORLD, THEIR EARS SEEMS STRANGE WITHOUT IT. And then you dare insult us by trying to pass this off as artistic accomplishment or success? 

Now, were it not enough that you can't seem to engage your imagination to the tiniest degree to actually SEE the formula in every god damn song which is currently on the radio, you proceed to rave about Rihanna, doing nobody any favours, which, would of course be okay. You're allowed to like the song obviously. 

But by god, I refuse to accept any sort of implying or suggesting that this basic, simple, artless, soulless, generic, repetitive garbage be called 'The Album of the Decade' or even 'The Song of the Decade.' 

I don't even care at this point if you quote me or what your reply is. When you don't have an argument, you patronise me by telling me to 'chill out' or 'calm down', because you think I'm angry, as if it is a mortal sin to express a natural emotion?

Of course I'm angry, and it isn't because of her success, I wish her all the best. I even like her as a person. It's because of how demeaning and physically mind-numbing it is to be around such cold and calculating business tarnishing and polluting every store, every car, every house I walk into with a constant radio loop trying to make me miss something I never wanted in the first place.

Funny isn't it, in the 21st century; NOT wanting something? I'm not even angry anymore I'm just depressed. When will humans ever learn from history. 

LOL you are talking like you are an expert and i can tell you must be underage or something. I am 46 years old and have seen many things come and go in America. But i wanted to ask why people in the supermarket are dancing work work work. Jesus christ:emma:

MelbHawker

She didn't polarise her audience at all in the beginning of her career. Her fashion was wearable by the masses. Her tunes were catchy af Pop songs. She has the added advantage of being a women of colour. She taps into the Pop, EDM, R&B markets with each release. 

She's every executives dream. 

ryanripley
6 hours ago, Benji said:

She releases good music that's pretty approachable for most people and it's fun.

Everyone complaining about her can suck my ass.

ok :hor: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

MaryJaneHolland

Because she has her songs written, records them and that's it. What does she do in the video? Twerks and is sexy. Does the GP like that? Hell, YES.

Does Gaga do all these things? Well, no. She writes her own music, produces it, then things about the meaning of the video, you know, she wants a whole story in 4 minutes. And the 'GP likes this song' stuff messes up here. She puts a lot of things going at the same time. And I love that, but the GP doesn't. The GP doesn't care if the music is self-produced and self-written they just want songs with stupid lyrics and videos and that's it.... a successful song.

And I'm a little bit pressed that Madonna has been doing these things lately. If you see the tracklist of any of her albums Madonna-Hard Candy, you'll see that there are always 2-3 writers and producers, and one of them is Madonna herself. With MDNA and Rebel Heart she let many people write and produce instead of herself (she still does these things but not much). I think that she underrates her talent for writing and producing since MDNA. She lets everyone write her music and produce it and the whole album sounds.... heavy to listen :huh: Let's take for example COADF. She has written and produced all of the songs + ONLY 1 (rarely 2) writer and producer. And same with every other album before. I want her to do this again. To use her talent for making her own music and art again and not to let everyone f*ck up her songs. Am I right? 

Spoiler

hope you got my point :poot:

StrawberryBlond

She's young and "hot," and "sexy," and "badass," so she appeals to the youth market. It's that simple. Someone once said she's like the hot, bad girl at school that your parents never wanted you to go near but who you secretly wanted to be. That's how she's been selling her music for roughly a decade now. She also has a great team behind her to give the public what they want and she gets support from features if she can't sell a track on her own. If she didn't tick all these boxes, she'd be a nobody. If you want to see how much she relies on her songwriters and features, look up how many of her hits didn't have her involvement at all and how many hits she's had where someone else featured or she featured on their song. You aren't falling  in love with Rihanna's talent but the talent of everyone she involves herself with.

@Drunk Poet You are really awesome for writing the truth about all that stuff, especially about how radio makes us like songs through repetition. When someone displays such common sense and awareness like that, I could just kiss them!

Archived