💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

TBT 2005: Rihanna performs in a Destiny's Child tribute group

holy scheisse

Featured Posts

holy scheisse

Long ago, years before Rihanna had blessed us with the last decade of dominating everyone's lives, she was a newly signed wannabe pop star.. performing as silver medalist Kelly Rowland in a tribute trio to Destiny's Child aka Beyonce. This video is from a performance done just months after Rih was signed to Def Jam. 

It appears the Beyonce tributer, Teairra Mari, was being pushed by Jay Z to be a star. But look at Rihanna's fierce idgaf attitude that she still carries today. Throughout her slightly sloppy Rowland delivery she remains flawless.

And thus, a Beyonce was born.. talent always wins. may Mari's potential career rest in peace.

*Rihanna is at 2:04    [if you choose to skip the Solange ("Beyonces little sister") intro]

"During this time, Reid and Jay Z signed another young female artist named Teairra Mari and singer-songwriter Ne-Yo.[20] With most of the attention on the other artist, the record label held a company showcase to introduce their newly signed artist, where Rihanna, Mari, and Ne-Yo were each performing.[22] After the showcase, Beyoncé, who happened to be there with her husband Jay Z, was impressed and commented to L.A. Reid "That Rihanna girl, she's a beast." - Wiki

AyaKara

Amerie was (and is still!) so great back then. Teairra Marie is talented, but I remember she disappeared quickly. Look at Rihanna, she was so young, you can even hear it in her voice :giveup:

Lose My Breath was my favorite, I used to do the choreography with two of my friends, one of whom passed away three months ago. Feeling nostalgic, thank you for posting this.

Archived