💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

First 'Lemonade' bad critique that I've seen

KURUSHITOVSKA

Featured Posts

KURUSHITOVSKA

By Playground Magazine: 

"In her world, everything is orchestrated to the millimeter. Which she has been working wonderfully to build the image, paraphrasing it in "Hold Up", "the baddest woman in the game". But in a time when social networks increasingly impose more relaying live gonzo life, her obsessive perfection can become a drag on its authenticity. Just as hard to imagine Beyonce in Snapchat increasingly more difficult to connect with their songs without using the SUSPENSION of disbelief.

Perhaps because of this that she is so determined to convert their records into movies.

With its obsession with control, Beyoncé runs the risk of becoming too perfect for an era that prioritizes spontaneity

(Link to Google translate because it's in Spanish)

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=es&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=es&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.playgroundmag.net%2Farticulos%2Fcolumnas%2Fdisco-Beyonce-demuestra-musica-importa_0_1744025588.html&edit-text=&act=url

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beyonce runs the risk of being too perfect.

(well that is not really a valid critique I mean these critics need to try harder lol they just sound like they dont know what they're on about .)

KURUSHITOVSKA
2 minutes ago, UK Monster said:

Beyonce runs the risk of being too perfect.

(well that is not really a valid critique I mean these critics need to try harder lol they just sound like they dont know what they're on about .)

But still it's a good point of view imho 

venusfly

This doesn't really seem like a good review, lol. No comments on the actual music.

The Surrealist

Good point, she almost has no connection to her fans, but that doesn't mean you cannot connect to her music. 

KURUSHITOVSKA
2 minutes ago, LG said:

This doesn't really seem like a good review, lol. No comments on the actual music.

The article says that Lemonade's promo and reactions aren't even about the music... 

4 minutes ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

But still it's a good point of view imho 

3 minutes ago, Sycamore said:

Good point, she almost has no connection to her fans, but that doesn't mean you cannot connect to her music. 

But that's part of the Beyonce appeal being perfect is part of Beyonce's brand fans want Beyonce to be flawless I think if she was going to try and connect a bit more to normal people it might not pay off because it would mean Beyonce might lose a bit of that star quality sparkle.

KURUSHITOVSKA
2 minutes ago, teo said:

That's the nicest way in the world to call her fake I never would've thought of it.:derpga:

:tea:

Didymus

Too perfect? I dunno.. compared to her previous era's this one has been remarkably rough-edged and spontaneous.

I don't personally agree, the reviewers complain about how people care more about the hype of the album than the music, which is a valid opinion to have, but then fail to actually critique the music. Surely this makes them just the same? You can't hold it against the album how other people react to it. 

I think part of the problem though is that some of the review will be lost in translation, so maybe I could be missing their point :laughga:

KURUSHITOVSKA
2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Too perfect? I dunno.. compared to her previous era's this one has been remarkably rough-edged and spontaneous.

I don't find it spontaneous when she talks about Jay Z being unfaithful but then she gives the album and releases it exclusively on his company, idk... it really makes me think about her being fake and they just doing those rumours for the promo and the money

Didymus
Just now, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

I don't find it spontaneous when she talks about Jay Z being unfaithful but then she gives the album and releases it exclusively on his company, idk... it really makes me think about her being fake and they just doing those rumours for the promo and the money

But the album and the video are about how despite that betrayal they're together and she connects interracial dialogues with that in the short film. Besides, she's also undoubtedly reflecting on the experiences of people she knows, like her mother who was cheated on.

I dunno, I think people who are so quick to judge about that haven't really taken the time to see how deep the layering and themes really are. Even if some of it is used to garner attention, that doesn't mean that on the album and in the shortfilm, it doesn't work as a grandiose artistic and emotional statement.

LebaneseDude

A roundabout way to call her fake and artificial that's for sure.

Edited just now by LebaneseDude.

PopThatArt

The first you've seen? Then you haven't been paying much attention. Reporters such as Piers Morgan have been slamming it, Wendy Williams, other people like that, alot of the public has commented on it's pretentiousness, etc. There's just a lot of hiding the bad reviews going on to make it look better than it is, to make Beyonce look better than she is, and again, a bunch of good reviews and popularity does not mean the music is actually good. 

Go see A Star is Born

Archived