Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Can we all just agree..

Space Cowboy

Featured Posts

Remove Rihanna. She couldn't sing to save her life.

I dunno the other one but Gaga and Beyoncé are the top performers of today.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ApplauseftAdele

If you mean artists as in "music icons" then Gaga Beyonce Adele Rihanna maybe taylor

littlepotter
4 hours ago, ROARyals said:

LEMONADE, the album and movie. Get into the highest rated album by any denial singer EVER. 

Xcuse u. I love Lemonade. I just meant that it wasn't really her who made all this, so she's not exactly an 'artist', she just showcases art. Did she write the songs and everhything? Enlighten me if I'm wrong.

chaeri pls

Lord Temptation
9 hours ago, Togekiss said:

I really don't pay attention to the spectrum of various pop stars out there. Gaga's the only one I really care about.

For me she is THE artist.

Fully agree.

Gaga is art.

PartySick

Our generation is a little different because of social media and our fast paced lifestyles. I'd say we need at least 5 girls up there :green:

Gaga, Bey, Riri, Tay, and Adele are my votes :green:

And deny it if you want, Beyonce and Rihanna work hard for their hustle just like everyone else :wtf:

R u 🌈? 🤨📷

MelbHawker
7 hours ago, littlepotter said:

Xcuse u. I love Lemonade. I just meant that it wasn't really her who made all this, so she's not exactly an 'artist', she just showcases art. Did she write the songs and everhything? Enlighten me if I'm wrong.

Art Galleries showcase art. 

So.. Is Gaga not really an artist since she doesn't solely make all her music either? I'm not understanding your logic. Enlighten me on why Beyonce isn't 'exactly' an artist.

Art can be contributed to by other artists.. there's no golden rule that says the work must be created by a sole individual. 

What am I reading I just can't. 

littlepotter
4 minutes ago, MelbHawker said:

Art Galleries showcase art. 

So.. Is Gaga not really an artist since she doesn't solely make all her music either? I'm not understanding your logic. Enlighten me on why Beyonce isn't 'exactly' an artist.

Art can be contributed to by other artists.. there's no golden rule that says the work must be created by a sole individual. 

What am I reading I just can't. 

Simple. Gaga creates and sings her own songs. Bey receives songs and sings them. That's it. I don't see what was so complicated in what I said that you just couldn't.

chaeri pls

MelbHawker
Just now, littlepotter said:

Simple. Gaga creates and sings her own songs. Bey receives songs and sings them. That's it. I don't see what was so complicated in what I said that you just couldn't.

Diane Warren originally wrote 'Til It Happens To You' and gave it to Gaga. Is Gaga not a true artist because she released a song that wasn't written by her? 

I just can't with your logic in saying Beyonce isn't an artist because she doesn't write her own songs. Songwriting and selling has been a characteristic of the Industry since it's origin. Beyonce gives the songs she chooses to release life - you can't not call her an artist. I just can't.  :toofunny: It makes no sense. 

littlepotter
3 minutes ago, MelbHawker said:

Diane Warren originally wrote 'Til It Happens To You' and gave it to Gaga. Is Gaga not a true artist because she released a song that wasn't written by her? 

I just can't with your logic in saying Beyonce isn't an artist because she doesn't write her own songs. Songwriting and selling has been a characteristic of the Industry since it's origin. Beyonce gives the songs she chooses to release life - you can't not call her an artist. I just can't.  :toofunny: It makes no sense. 

You are very right in that aspect. I love Beyonce and her last two albums slayed the life out of me, but I don't know I guess my definition of artist is creator. 

For example, Sia. I find it intriguing how her whole album is rejects from other artists. Like imagine if Diamonds wasn't taken by Rihanna and stayed Sia's. Rihanna would have nothing to do with the song. But since she took it it's now Rihanna's song, Diamonds. This way around though Sia's contribution is still there. She could have given this song to any 'artist' and it would have become 'their' song. Sure, it will sound different for each one of them but that has to happen whoever the person is.

chaeri pls

SummerBoy15

Idk, Taylor, Katy, and Sia are pretty relevant artists. Adele is slaying the industry, and Nicki Minaj is also a big deal. Sooooo idk. I just love them all :giveup:

TheBatman

Gags isn't in there unfortunately. Katy and Taylor definitely deserve to be considered with Beyonce and Rihanna. Whats up with this weird arguement that you are only an artist if you create every detail of the work? Collaboration? NOT AN ARTIST! Thats ridiculous. How about the whole idea of the Factory? Warhol and all his mates all contributed to each other and helped each other out. What about the Haus of Gaga? What about the ten writers needed to create groundbreaking art in pop music hit single Applause? lol All artists stand on the shoulders of giants before them and "steal" and collaborate, art is art. To say that Lemonade is not art, and that Beyonce isn't the main artist responsible is so bizarre to me. Gaga does not write every instrumentation/word/melody or create every piece of fashion she wears. Gaga is less responsible for the Alejandro video than Klien, for instance. 

TheBatman

Nicki, Adele, and Sia are also slaying with an impressive roster of hits and cultural impact

ForgotMyLunch
16 hours ago, Prince Bananas said:

The Pinkprint has real rap 

Her other albums have too many pop songs

16 hours ago, Nono said:

Mess, pls listen to some Dr.Dre and come back with some "real rap" song facts  

Pills N Potions

All Things Go

The Crying Game

Rap songs with meaning, written by her about her own personal life, decent production and very emotional. 

Archived