Ciccone Madonna

Who you like the most?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who you like the most?

• Beyonce
    • Rihanna

Featured Posts

weed

Mmmmmm I was going to say Beyoncé, because I've been obsessed with many of her songs + she's more talented in many aspects, but I grew up with Rihanna more, because I was in like 3rd grade bopping to SOS and Unfaithful and then every year after that was just a constant flow of Riri and she just has a lot more personality than Bey and evolved more imo.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PartySick

I'm not sure why but aside from a few Destiny's Child hits I never got into Bey's music. However, I've connected with a few of Riri's songs, she makes me laugh, she's more personable (from what I've seen), so she definitely takes it for me :happy:

I didn't expect the poll to be so close :deadbanana:

đŸ–€

StrawberryBlond

I've always had a strained relationship with them. They're pretty evenly matched for me.

Voice - Beyonce wins, no contest. It's not even a comparison. Rihanna's better these days with ballads, but still not the most natural of singers.

Instrumentation - N/A since neither of them play instruments and no, I don't regard the voice as an instrument and I say that as someone who loves to sing.

Music quality - Rihanna wins, hands down. She made ok-good albums up to and including Loud, but after that, she fell off and is only now clawing back some quality with the passable Anti. But Beyonce has been all over the place. Her best work was her debut, 4 was her second best but everything else is just underpar (Beyonce), mediocre (Sasha Fierce) or terrible (B'Day). I can also seem to connect to Rihanna's music that bit more whereas Beyonce's leaves me quite cold for the most part. Neither play much of a role in the writing, so that's a tie.

Performance ability - Beyonce wins and it's not even close. She can dance well, dance and sing at the same time and can put on a good live vocal performance, not to mention the undeniable air of star quality she has about her, whether you're a fan or not. But Rihanna just walks idly about and doesn't put enough effort into her singing, relying too much on the backing track, rarely dances and I just don't feel like I'm witnessing a star perform.

Personality - It's a tie because I can't stand either of their personalities. While Rihanna is at least honest with her bad attitude, Beyonce is more of the fake, behind your back person. But both have serious flaws, namely to do with how great they think they are. Their personalities is what put me off them more than anything else.

Beyonce - 2, Rihanna - 1, Ties - 1 (and it's negative). It looks like the winner is Beyonce. But then again, music's the most important thing, so I'm tempted to say Rihanna. Rihanna for the music, Beyonce for everything else, but personality is out for both of them.

Haroon

I'd vote for Rihanna :woot: I like them both but Rihanna excites me more because she changes more so you're kept on your toes more with her. Beyonce's amazing too but she seems more safe to me, which is totally fine too, but I prefer Rihanna's grit overall :happy: 

StrawberryBlond
16 hours ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

Rihanna

Used to be Beyonce

But then the whole "God's gift to earth" thing starting happening and I was out.

Very understandable. Not being a Beyonce fan, I was never all that big on her but after the whole Beyonce love-in 3 years ago, it really put me off her and many others started to go off her too. She just got too overrated and loved without question. I feel like now she's selling not because people genuinely love her but because we're supposed to love her. I think selling out a stadium tour despite only releasing one new song is testament to that. Going to see an artist just because they are who they are isn't really for me.

13 hours ago, BrianxRyan said:

If they were not black, they would not be compared this has more to do with color than actual talent.

Don't exaggerate. You know that's wrong. Let's examine all the white women who have been compared: Madonna vs. Cyndi, Britney vs. Xtina, Taylor vs. Carrie, Selena vs. Demi (if you count Hispanic as white), etc. Plus, there's been black/white comparisons due to similar styles, number of hits and overall sales, for example: Katy vs. Rihanna or Nicki vs. Iggy. There have also been many comparisons due to feuds, for example, Gaga vs. Madonna, Xtina vs. Gaga, Katy vs. Taylor. Comparing Beyonce and Rihanna is perfectly understandable - they've both made a mixture of pop and urban and have both now gone more urban, they both are seen as major pop girls, they're both considered beautiful, they're on the same record label, they're both on Tidal, they've been pictured together, etc. Beyonce is considered by some to a talented version of Rihanna, some consider Rihanna to be a younger, cooler version of Beyonce. Yes, I'm sure one of the reasons why they get compared is because they're black but in a positive way - they're the top-selling black female artists for a good number of years, so it makes sense to compare them. But it's not so much a race issue as a gender issue. Women are always compared, it's just how society works. People want us to feud and compete, even when we like each other. So, the world finds 2 females who are similar in many ways and thinks: "They're the same, so they must hate each other for pilfering their potential success and getting in on their gig, so let's decide which one is better." It's nothing to do with race, it's all gender.

Archived