Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Madonna The Only Major 80's Icon Left

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

To me, there are four MAJOR 80's music icons; Michael Jackson, Madonna, Whitney Houston and Prince. With Prince's death today, that means only Madonna is left. These four artists were major pop culture icons changing the status quo of what the music industry was. Together they had 25 lead #1's in the 1980's. Madonna (7), Michael (7), Whitney (7), Prince (4).

(Janet is more 90's to me, most of the Rhythm Nation era was in the early 90's. Cyndi and Bruce really only had one hit album)

It's sad because they all died prematurely. Here's to a long life for Madonna!

Madonna-12.jpg?m=1292971866michael-jackson-the-jacksons-victory-tou369e2b344af1098e1242fd303d4b8c9a.jpgCOW850301-01-CP.jpg

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PERFECTIONIST

cindy & cher say hi

cyndi-lauper-net-worth2.jpgcb3.jpg

my hobbies include lying about PI leaking and getting everyone shook on GGD

Chromatislaps

you always have Cyndi :green: 

OT: this makes me feel sad and old :cry: 

Rhythm Nation was the 80s: it came out in 1989

c h e r

bowie too ):

i'm thankful we still have janet, kate bush, cyndi & cher...

Stand & B Counted or Sit & B Nothing.

RAMROD
Just now, C Slayclair said:

cindy & cher say hi

Cher won't die, she seems to live forever already. I'll lose direction if she does tbh 😢

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

DiscoHeaven23
1 minute ago, C Slayclair said:

cindy & cher say hi

Cher's from the 60's/70s lol. Even if she had hits in the 80's, she's an icon of the 60s/70s

DiscoHeaven23
5 minutes ago, Derpplause said:

you always have Cyndi :green: 

OT: this makes me feel sad and old :cry: 

Rhythm Nation was the 80s: it came out in 1989

Yea, but 5 of the 7 singles charted in the early 90's. That's why i see it that way

Lucas

And do you know what's sad ? People will keep criticizing Madonna til she dead, only after her death will people realize how amazing she was and will give her credit for it, the same happened with MJ and DB, same will happen wit Prince in the next week, and Madonna won't be an exception... People should realize how some artists are amazing & treat them in a good way when they are still alive

PERFECTIONIST
10 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

Cher's from the 60's/70s lol. Even if she had hits in the 80's, she's an icon of the 60s/70s

WOOPS LOL

my hobbies include lying about PI leaking and getting everyone shook on GGD

DiscoHeaven23
1 minute ago, bayonse said:

george michael, sting, boy george 

But are they as big as the four I listed above? In my opinion, no

JusKeepBreathin
1 hour ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

To me, there are four MAJOR 80's music icons; Michael Jackson, Madonna, Whitney Houston and Prince. With Prince's death today, that means only Madonna is left. These four artists were major pop culture icons changing the status quo of what the music industry was. Together they had 25 lead #1's in the 1980's. Madonna (7), Michael (7), Whitney (7), Prince (4).

(Janet is more 90's to me, most of the Rhythm Nation era was in the early 90's. Cyndi and Bruce really only had one hit album)

It's sad because they all died prematurely. Here's to a long life for Madonna!

Madonna-12.jpg?m=1292971866michael-jackson-the-jacksons-victory-tou369e2b344af1098e1242fd303d4b8c9a.jpgCOW850301-01-CP.jpg

Sorry Janet is 80's. She was in "Control" and teaching "Nasty Boys" the "Pleasure Principle" in the 80's.

tumblr_nopkv8AdC41qiohboo8_r1_400.gif

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

River

The scary thing about Cher is that even her mom is still alive....:toofunny:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

RAMROD

80s have plenty of legends, not just these four you mentioned which notably Americans lel

Don't ypu have 80s idols from Britain too? It was the best year for British Invasion part.2

New Order, Stone Roses, Duran Duran, Boy George with his Culture Club, Frankie Goes To Hollywood, Kate Bush, The Cure, Billy Idol, and many others

then we have a-ha and The Roxette from Scandinavian.

As for US itself, there are plenty more as well. So, Madonna is not the last obe that left.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Evan Peters
5 minutes ago, River said:

The scary thing about Cher is that even her mom is still alive....:toofunny:

icons 

emma roberts is an abuser

Archived