Madonna The Only Major 80's Icon Left

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Prismatic
Just now, RAMROD said:

With all due respect, love me some Madge, Top 3 most listened artist in my last fm but if I can be honest she isn't that big anymore now musically, her recent two albums are definitely not on par with her past repertoire, difference is, she still have lots of faithful admiring fans that kept her above the water touring wise. And just as you said to Janet, Madge were shined more in the 90s and early 2000s as well.

But her tours are bigger than her colleagues. The only big touring bands from the 80s are rock bands. I don't see another pop artist selling out arenas/stadiums. 

Her fans and gp are keeping her active and wel known unlike the other acts, no one cares about them unless some tragedy happen to them. 

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

Prismatic
2 minutes ago, Mert said:

I know what's cute or what's not cute. Thanks! 

Clearly you don't with that try hard post. 

AJH219

I can't handle thinking about the day Madonna, or any of my faves, leaves this Earth :( :(

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

DiscoHeaven23
2 minutes ago, Jay.P said:

Fair enough, although I don't think you need to have hit songs to be an icon. Kate Bush is considered an icon by many for her creativity and innovation.

yea, just being honest, i had never even heard of her until i joined Gaga Daily lol

TropicOfCANCER

I see people keep saying Kate Bush. Are we sure she's a legend? (at least in the U.S.)

Pretty Savage
Just now, Prismatic said:

Clearly you don't with that try hard post. 

I won't comment again. We're all making jokes about that. So.. Please warn someone else. :) 

SKANK

Shout out to Cyndi Lauper who is about to release an album of classic Country covers, further proving she doesn't have a single **** to give about commercial sucess.

RAMROD

But her tours are bigger than her colleagues. The only big touring bands from the 80s are rock bands. I don't see another pop artist selling out arenas/stadiums. 

Her fans and gp are keeping her active and wel known unlike the other acts, no one cares about them unless some tragedy happen to them. 

I mentioned that part too, you see. -->  difference is, she still have lots of faithful admiring fans that kept her above the water touring wise.

That is something many don't have these days, Janet pretty much ruined it with the uncessary accident at super bowl.

She really need to get back to her prime game if she release another album though, all her shticks are getting too predictable these days. :(

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

AJH219
4 minutes ago, Prismatic said:

The basics keep trying to drag her down, but her success and leagacy speaks for itself. They can remain hot, bothered, and pressed 

EtRGgn8.gif

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

Prismatic
Just now, RAMROD said:

I mentioned that part too, you see. -->  difference is, she still have lots of faithful admiring fans that kept her above the water touring wise.

That is something many don't have these days, Janet pretty much ruined it with the uncessary accident at super bowl.

She really need to get back to her prime game if she release another album though, all her shticks are getting too predictable these days. :(

Her latest album (Rebel Heart) is a huge step up from her last album. It's less young pondering and more mature lyrics compared to the last two work. And besides, she always bring an amazing show. 

She actually seems more down to earth and human like unlike an emotionless bitch from her past few eras (sorry Medonsters). 

My post wasn't to downgrade any artist, but if you go out and ask random strangers, they are more likely to know M more than others. 

Prismatic
7 minutes ago, AJH219 said:

The basics keep trying to drag her down, but her success and leagacy speaks for itself. They can remain hot, bothered, and pressed 

EtRGgn8.gif

God always win. After 30 years, she have nothing to prove. She done it all and is still slaying and influencing future generations. Call me up when your fave have as much impact as Godonna. Sorry not sorry. 

RAMROD

Her latest album (Rebel Heart) is a huge step up from her last album. It's less young pondering and more mature lyrics compared to the last two work. And besides, she always bring an amazing show. 

She actually seems more down to earth and human like unlike an emotionless bitch from her past few eras (sorry Medonsters). 

My post wasn't to downgrade any artist, but if you go out and ask random strangers, they are more likely to know M more than others. 

RH is like good but not Madonna good to me, and I guess the question is objective.

If you ask 10-17 years old kids of today yes that  might happen.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Glory
1 hour ago, River said:

The scary thing about Cher is that even her mom is still alive....:toofunny:

Well she's not that old : 89yo. She got Cher at 20yo apparently :unicorn:

Archived