off topic but,

Your post reminded me of these tweets

FreePalestine

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nikola

ummmmmmmmmmm....................NO

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

grndmothrmonst

I must respectfully disagree with the OP regarding Bruce Springsteen. He released 4 albums in the 80's, three of which topped the album charts. Born in the USA (1984) has sold 30 million records, and had record tying 7 top ten hits. He played to sold out stadiums through out the 80's and still does to this day. He has sold an estimated 120 million records ww, has 20 Grammies, 2 golden globes, and an Oscar. He is in the r&r hall of fame, and songwriters hall of fame.  That my friend is an ICON. 

SlayedForTheGod

yeah i would add springsteen to the list but i agree. what sets all of them apart from everyone else you guys listed is that all of those are household names everywhere to this day. EVERYONE knows who mj,madonna,whitney and prince are. they transcended race,genres and audiences. 

btw who would we consider modern pop icons? my list is Mariah Carey, Beyonce, Britney Spears, and Lady Gaga. i know there are others who have had success but i dont think their names carry as much weight as these do. i tried to think of males but tbh i cant think of any that i feel will be considered icons in the future. 

DiscoHeaven23
1 minute ago, SlayedForTheGod said:

yeah i would add springsteen to the list but i agree. what sets all of them apart from everyone else you guys listed is that all of those are household names everywhere to this day. EVERYONE knows who mj,madonna,whitney and prince are. they transcended race,genres and audiences. 

btw who would we consider modern pop icons? my list is Mariah Carey, Beyonce, Britney Spears, and Lady Gaga. i know there are others who have had success but i dont think their names carry as much weight as these do. i tried to think of males but tbh i cant think of any that i feel will be considered icons in the future. 

90's

Mariah

Janet

Alanis

00's

Britney 

Beyonce

Justin Timerlake

Eminem

SlayedForTheGod
2 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

90's

Mariah

Janet

Alanis

00's

Britney 

Beyonce

Justin Timerlake

Eminem

although alanis was succesful in the 90s i do not consider an icon. no where close to it lol

PopThatArt

Wow are you uneducated.  Or just completely uninformed. Like others mention, there's Cher and Cyndi, but there is also all the Rock Gods from the 80s still around. I take it you don't follow rock music or metal or anything other than pop. Bon Jovi, Guns N Roses, AC/DC, Van Halen, Poison, Def Leppard, Journey, Aerosmith, Metallica, Kiss, Whitesnake, U2. The lead singers of those groups, the bass players, drummers, they are still around and they are iconic and total legends.

Go see A Star is Born

OmgSum1Actually

Madonna made a huge mark in '80s and then again in '90s, but left a mark on the '00s respectively, but not as much on '10s,  she's more relevant than any other artist from '80s

Shameless selfpromo

PopThatArt

More rock stars have changed and shaped music more than you can imagine popstars have. To completely ignore them is ignorant and show how uneducated pop fans are. 

Go see A Star is Born

PartySick
1 hour ago, GagaInTheZone said:

And do you know what's sad ? People will keep criticizing Madonna til she dead, only after her death will people realize how amazing she was and will give her credit for it, the same happened with MJ and DB, same will happen wit Prince in the next week, and Madonna won't be an exception... People should realize how some artists are amazing & treat them in a good way when they are still alive

^Someone sing Princess Die 'cause that's what it's all about.

Let these people know they're loved and appreciated while you can.

🖤

Archived