💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Gaga to perform the lead single at the Summer 2016 Olympics?

Arizona Sky

Featured Posts

Arizona Sky
Just now, MANiKIWI said:

Yes it is a great opportunity, but there is no way they would let Gaga use the event to promote her single, and I doubt Gaga would want to either. It's just not what the Olympics are about.

It's happened in the past. Look up "Summer 2012 Olympic performances" on YouTube. They have plenty of pop performances. They'll definitely let her perform it there.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Emigrante

What about Gaga performing lead single at my birthday party?

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Sorcerer

I never heard of anyone debuting their new music in Olympics, or in any sports show without any prior promotion or MV. 

And the Olympic opening and closing ceremonies are much more significant for the showcase of the CULTURE of the host country. I don't see Gaga in any way related to Brazilian culture.

But who knows? I just see that it has very little possibilities.

iCpro
1 minute ago, BloodyMonster said:

It's happened in the past. Look up "Summer 2012 Olympic performances" on YouTube. They have plenty of pop performances. They'll definitely let her perform it there.

All of the acts at the 2012 games were chosen because they were iconic BRITISH acts, and they weren't debuting music either.

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

DrewStevens
3 minutes ago, BloodyMonster said:

Not all performers in the past have been Brazilian. You can be American too lol.

Of course they haven't been Brazilian, the Olympic Games have never been in Brazil before. :emma:

They usually invite national artists.

8 minutes ago, BloodyMonster said:

Some of y'all saying no?! 

This is the opportunity of a lifetime :giveup:. How much more delusional can u be?!

If the word delusional is being thrown around... You're the one who thinks the Olympic committee would pick an American pop star to sing a new single at an event that has nothing to do with their country of origin, not even in the slightest.

SlayMeToVenus

August 5th is my birthday. That would be an amazing present. :gaycat:

I don't have a Diamond Heart.

Bebe
10 minutes ago, BloodyMonster said:

Here's some past performances:

http://youtu.be/PArTdhNda7k

http://youtu.be/YzoyDILKlhY

It's such a huge stage. Imagine her incorporating Intel's technology :giveup:

But note that Paul Mccartney, Spice Girls, Jessie J and Queen are all English artists performing for the 2012 London Summer Olympics. Rihanna performed at the closing ceremony, but that was with English band Coldplay to perform their hit Princess of China.

It's unlikely Gaga would perform because

#1 Gaga isn't Brazilian 
#2 Gaga hasn't performed with any Brazilian artists

It's also extremely unlikely that the Olympics would allow Gaga to drop her own lead single in the middle of their opening ceremony. The hosting country wants the discussion to center around their country, not the release plan of some U.S pop star.

AlanSambista

I prefer than not, had a guy threatening Brazil with a terrorist attack and the Olympics is all they need to some tragedy. It's horrible.

mariomania1234

That's a really cool idea. It would be neat if it happens! And considering Bobby's track record over the last few months I wouldn't be surprised.

Arizona Sky
7 minutes ago, MANiKIWI said:

All of the acts at the 2012 games were chosen because they were iconic BRITISH acts, and they weren't debuting music either.

5 minutes ago, Jed said:

If the word delusional is being thrown around... You're the one who thinks the Olympic committee would pick an American pop star to sing a new single at an event that has nothing to do with their country of origin, not even in the slightest.

3 minutes ago, Bebe said:

But note that Paul Mccartney, Spice Girls, Jessie J and Queen are all English artists performing for the 2012 London Summer Olympics. Rihanna performed at the closing ceremony, but that was with English band Coldplay to perform their hit Princess of China.

It's unlikely Gaga would perform because

#1 Gaga isn't Brazilian 
#2 Gaga hasn't performed with any Brazilian artists

It's also extremely unlikely that the Olympics would allow Gaga to drop her own lead single in the middle of their opening ceremony. The hosting country wants the discussion to center around their country, not the release plan of some U.S pop star.

My bad. I didn't realize all the acts that performed in 2012 were British. :laughga: Maybe they'll choose her to perform in 2024 when the Olympics are in the USA. Still 8 years away :( 

iCpro
1 minute ago, BloodyMonster said:

My bad. I didn't realize all the acts that performed in 2012 were British. :laughga: Maybe they'll choose her to perform in 2024 when the Olympics are in the USA. Still 8 years away :( 

inb4 she delays LG5 to coincide with the 2024 games :giveup:

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

zakariah

Debuting new music at a cultural event is never a good idea, & it makes it look like Gaga is just using the Olympics stage as a means to promote her new music & doesn't actually care about the Olympics itself. I'm not here for it. Bye. 

MJHolland

No way, the Games are for the athletes and to celebrate them. It's about them and their dedication to their passion; Gaga would never be so tacky as to use them as a platform (at least I really hope).

Archived