💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was ARTPOP Ahead or Behind Music Trends?

Quark

Featured Posts

Gagadonna
16 hours ago, Nicogly said:

I think it was bad. Legit I know people love it...but I just see unoriginal and dragged concepts. It felt like a long bad joke. Loved some moments of the album. Aura is undeniably amazing, just like MJH and DWUW, but the rest of the album is just too...pink? Wanna be high brow? Donatella? 

That's the funny thing about subjectivity. I hate Aura and I don't really like MJH. I way prefer Applause, Venus, MANiCURE. 

Yet I have to hand it to you: Donatella is awful 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sister

Behind. It fit in too nicely, in my opinion.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Artpoop

I think it's weird because, in the other 3 albums, she kind of dealt with some pain in a way that while still upbeat pop music, was clearly about pain. If you are paying attention, it's obvious which songs from the first albums are dealing with some painful experience or dark force. ARTPOP went down a different path to dealing with those things I think. Applause, for example, was taken (out of context) as such a narcissistic song about how Gaga craves praise and attention. I think ARTPOP was hard for people to relate to, but I also think it probably has the most pain in it of any of her other albums. Perhaps she was making an almost silly at times (Donatella, MJH) album to overcompensate for all the pain she was in, and many people didn't see the appeal in that. It's funny though, because upbeat frivolous music (not naming names) is what sells, but not when it's from someone like Gaga. 

The way people talk about ARTPOP is almost a compliment to Lady Gaga's talent. People expect more than even above average from her. It's unfair, but it's clear who people expect talent from. 

ARTPOP is my favorite album don't come for my name

it was behind its time edm was dying out when applause was released tbh its a good album though but 2011 type music really not late 2013.

Artpoop
1 hour ago, UK Monster said:

stop bashing donatella guys I love that one!!!

I wasn't bashing it! I love the song! I just think it's obviously not made to be taken seriously. 

ARTPOP is my favorite album don't come for my name

djBuffoon

Neither? It fit right in with the (still ongoing) EDM wave, but as usual, what makes a Gaga album stand out are the musical influences infused through each song. On ARTPOP alone, I hear homages to Joan Jett, Blondie, Queen, Prince, 1960s sci-fi movie scores, and many more elements. Far more ecletic and more respectful of rock history than a typical album electro-pop album. 

Nicogly
10 hours ago, Gagadonna said:

That's the funny thing about subjectivity. I hate Aura and I don't really like MJH. I way prefer Applause, Venus, MANiCURE. 

Yet I have to hand it to you: Donatella is awful 

Well the chorus of Venus is evarathang and if MANiCURE had been more rock less pop, i'd love it. Applause has some good lyrics, and it was catchy as hell. That is the weird thing about hating on ARTPOP....its like... you want to not like it but then u say....hmm but its good. 

Rock On and A Last One For the Road 🚬

Quark
46 minutes ago, Nicogly said:

Well the chorus of Venus is evarathang and if MANiCURE had been more rock less pop, i'd love it. Applause has some good lyrics, and it was catchy as hell. That is the weird thing about hating on ARTPOP....its like... you want to not like it but then u say....hmm but its good. 

The reason many people don't want to like it, is because of its perception that it was a bad album because it flopped. But in general its sales and reviews were very solid. And like you said, not counting the people that truly don't like it, as soon as you forget about the drama and negativity surrounding the album, you immediately release that in general ARTPOP is actually good.

VforVendetta

It has moments where it was fresh and unique for it's time like: MJH, Swine, Aura, Sexxx Dreams, Venus

Momens where the sound was timeless like: ARTPOP, Applause, Dope, Fashion!, MANiCURE

And moments where the sound was old and behind it's time like: GUY, DWUW, Donatella, Gypsy, Jewels N Drugs

Archived