💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

songs gaga is tired / bored of performing

ImpossiblePrincess

Featured Posts

Miracle
21 hours ago, Chelsea Symona said:

Bad Romance. I remember seeing her live during the artRAVE and before it starts, you hear, "Now performing her hit single, Bad Romance!" in a robotic voice, and she rolled her eyes before singing it.

She sang it with full passion at my artRAVE. She was over everything at some artRAVE dates, especially the first ones. If it had been all her decision in the past, I think she would have made the artRAVE a non-stop 50 minute Dope show

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
danwasd
8 minutes ago, Miracle said:

Bad Romance. I remember seeing her live during the artRAVE and before it starts, you hear, "Now performing her hit single, Bad Romance!" in a robotic voice, and she rolled her eyes before singing it.

I would pay for that gif :rip:

holy scheisse
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I know, but I am referring to the moment in hindsight. Even if dance was a risky move to make back then, her brand of it was pretty generic (but good generic). I mean, in those days, she was criticised by the likes of MIA, Santigold and other electronic acts who felt she was too pop and generic to call herself electronic based, that pop and electronic are different things. She was liked by the public, but hardcore electronic fans thought she was a poser who was misapplying the name of their genre. I could understand why some of them got annoyed, particularly the more experimental ones. They were obviously more than a little bit jealous that Gaga had worked out how to popular with this kind of music and were stung that she had added such a mainstream twist to it.

Definitely can see this. She took the genre and made it pop, and i def remember The criticism she got for it:hor:. sorry girl thought you were dissing 

Dominic

It will be interesting to see what she chooses to perform from ARTPOP because I can imagine her not wanting to sing many from there.  It wouldn't really bother me tbh.  

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

ristretto
35 minutes ago, Dominic Marc said:

It will be interesting to see what she chooses to perform from ARTPOP because I can imagine her not wanting to sing many from there.  It wouldn't really bother me tbh.  

i've been thinking about this for like two years now... i'm thinking dwuw and applause are guaranteed, but she really loves performing venus too..

Spoiler

:hor:

ARTPOP :grr:

spread love and peace with every intention. Cherish everything u have. Be Yourself

StrawberryBlond
1 hour ago, holyscheisse said:

Definitely can see this. She took the genre and made it pop, and i def remember The criticism she got for it:hor:. sorry girl thought you were dissing 

You also have to remember that to Europeans, dance was nothing new or risky. I can say from experience that it was what was very popular in the UK, even if it didn't chart all that well because all the popular kids in school listened to it in the early 2000's and the UK's famous for its rave scene in the 90's too. It was just in America that this style of music was seen a big risk at the time. You'll notice that Hung Up was the only single from Madonna's Confessions album to have done really well in America, back in 2006. America just hadn't been feeling dance/electronic/club music like Europe had until 2008. So, certainly to European electronic acts, Gaga wasn't groundbreaking like she was in America, so they viewed her as generic and someone who was just using the name electronica to sound cool and different.

holy scheisse
43 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

You also have to remember that to Europeans, dance was nothing new or risky. I can say from experience that it was what was very popular in the UK, even if it didn't chart all that well because all the popular kids in school listened to it in the early 2000's and the UK's famous for its rave scene in the 90's too. It was just in America that this style of music was seen a big risk at the time. You'll notice that Hung Up was the only single from Madonna's Confessions album to have done really well in America, back in 2006. America just hadn't been feeling dance/electronic/club music like Europe had until 2008. So, certainly to European electronic acts, Gaga wasn't groundbreaking like she was in America, so they viewed her as generic and someone who was just using the name electronica to sound cool and different.

That's a great perspective, thanks for elaboratingand its so egocentric of me to only be thinking about her US reception! I always regarded her as being super innovative which she was in the US in terms of music and image, but in relation to other cultures she surely is not universally known like this. Really shows you how bland us music had been for a while

Well, Queen of America. :stalkga:

Omar Vela

Well I don't understand why she doesn't do alternative versions of her old songs, that's a good way for not getting tired of those songs. Because I was really upset that in TF era she made a lot of different versions of her singles but now she almost put the same instrumental with any alteration.

These are good options.

FameHookah
On 17/4/2016 at 3:07 PM, Emigrante said:

What's so sad about it. If you were about to sing the same  song all the time in your every tour you would get sick of it too. 

Its sad for me because its my favorite song and its a bop 😞 

WTF is MDNA

Archived