💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Your Earliest Memory of Gaga??

En_Sabah_Nur

Featured Posts

PatrickMonster

It was in 2008 december when I was watching TV. For some reason for a couple of days we had more music channels than usual, like MTV 2, MTV Rock, and MTV Dance. I was watching MTV Dance because I wanted to find some great new music to listen to. And than Just Dance came on... I was SHOCKED how great it was. For a couple of seconds I thought it was a new Xtina song, but I quickly realized its not her. I RAN to find a pen and a paper to write down the artist name and song name because I was scared that I might forget it. Lady Gaga and Colby something Just Dance. I jumped in front of the computer to search her name. I found Poker Face music video and I almost fainted it had such an amazing new sound I couldn't even believe. I searched her every day for a week, than I downloaded The Fame and she has become my all time favourite forever.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Puddin

i have plenty, that i don't remember which came first!! i remember hearing just dance on the radio and i was like omg this is song is so much fun i can dance to it! then i googled the lyrics and saw some girl named lady gaga sang it. so i started researching ha and not much came up. from thereon after i (used) to read perez hilton religiously (yeah yeah i didnt know any better :P) and pay attention when he would post about ha. 

dopega
6 hours ago, Red said:

Radio host: and this was Just Dance by Lady Gaga

Me: what kind of stage name is "Lady Gaga"?

Sounds like a baby food. 

Caesium

Earliest that I can remember is finding Poker Face on YouTube by coincidence in late 2008 and being slain and recording like 30 seconds of it on my sh*tty flip phone and taking it to my dance class and playing it to the teacher, asking if we could dance to it, and she said "No" :air: 

A couple of months later she was everywhere in the UK and I'd stopped going to that dance class so I'll never know if she repented for her sins and choreographed it

giphy.gif

Put your white tennis shoes on and follow me

JustAnotherDay

I remember asking my mom if she could download the song that goes "pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-poker face" song that was always on the radio.

was NickARTPOP

memomemome

I was in First year of High School at that time, in 2008. I'm so excited because I can have my own laptop. So yeah u fill it with stuff, game, and music. My Music wasn't updated at that time only some local music and 2000ish music, and I only know songs from the radio. (The only recent one I knew was Coldplay's Viva La Vida and Katy Hot n Cold since I knew it from The Sims:duck: ) Yea, kinda dull. So I asked my friends, where can I find the most exciting music right now? Oh, from iTunes and Billboard.

Then on the iTunes I saw two Lady GaGa on top 10, I thought "who the heck is lady gaga?" never heard her name before. So then I gave it a listen. Quite catchy. I look up on google what I thought, this singer is fresh (with her Thunder make up and her iconic hair). Then I heard Poker Face: whoa, this is future. (u know, so excited because of the futuristic style) I played it over and over again. then dig her other song (eh-eh, lovegame) I thought was sick so I downloaded her entire album.

And I lovveee it! even when I brought my laptop to school, one day after hours, trying the webcam, taking photos, me and some of my friends come up with an idea of catwalk;) . and I played song "The Fame" as the background track.
On art class, when there is an assignment to make a face mask, I made that Poker Face glass-reflecting mask. (it was so awesome using only cardboard and silver and black paper, sadly I didn't get it back, that was awesome  ) even now, my all-time most played on last.fm is Poker Face :woohoo:
ever since like every month, she never stopped amazed me. the live performance made me like her more (gosh that piano poker face, VMA and Grammy Performance)

So yeah, these old days :rockstar:
*btw I'm only a silent reader on Gagadaily :green:, interesting thread, so yea. my first post. ehehe. while waiting for LG5

Emigrante
12 hours ago, Glory said:

Was there life before Gaga ? I can't even remember, she didn't invent it ? 
 tumblr_lj0adqhWde1qdsdrn.gif

(Seriously the Just Dance video on tv, with that old lady with 2006 glasses, it got me disturbed at first : why 2006 glasses for a 2008 MV)

I still don't know why. Why? 

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Quasi

I was eating my breakfast cereal on the way to school in 2008, and turned on the tv to and tuned in to the music channel. Just Dance came on and I thought it was a pretty good song. I searched it up on Youtube and was hooked. Found Poker Face in the suggestions and my life was forever changed. :unicorn:

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

littlepotter

I was watching a french top 20 countdown for kids and Eh Eh was there (it was promoted in France) and the only thing I remember thinking was "why the f*ck (but I didn't know the word f*ck yet) is she wearing high heels in her bed!?" That was as far as my 9 year old mind could go. I remember that I thought she was a dumb wannabe judging by her name.

A couple of months later, Bad Romance entered those charts and I was like waiiiit isn't this the high heels gaga lady. The song SLAYED my existence and I was OBSESSED with it even though I couldn't understand any of the lyrics (I remember sitting at my computer trying to memorize the lyrics while I couldn't even read English yet :air:). The video felt so blasphemous and weird and I strangely loved it. To this day, I get chills whenever I watch it because it feels like I'm doing this forbidden thing.

Then I completely forgot about her until 2013 when I was sitting there doing nothing and was like 'hm. I wonder what would pop out if I googled lady gaga, is she still a thing'. 

I swear, if I hadn't had that thought right then, I wouldn't be here right now. My whole life wouldn't be the same.

chaeri pls

Emigrante

I was at school trip, and we were all in a coach. And almost every girl sitting next to me was discussing new pop girl and if she sings: "papapa poker face" or "popopo poker face" :toofunny: and there were two sides of this conflict. So they let me hear this song and asked me about my opinion. After coming home I googled her and downloaded Poker Face music video and I was listening to it some time. Then at school disco they were playing "Just Dance" and I was very surprised that this is Gaga too, I liked it.

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

En_Sabah_Nur
8 hours ago, mic said:

It was actually funny. At school we had a literature teacher whose name was Grazyna, however she was very masculine so we were calling her Gaga [legit without any connection, it was before 2008 anyway].

So one day I was at tennis training with my classmate and he told me you know what there is a new popstar now called Lady Gaga. And I was like wtf it is so random. Then he told me she was somewhat like Christina aguilera.

so I got intrigued and when I got back home he sent me a link of some custom video of the Simpsons with Just Dance playing over it. I got hooked on that song so badly. I remember I listened to it like 20 times in a row and couldn't believe how good and catchy it is.

and yet people say just dance isn't one of her best singles lol - delusion! It slayed everyone back in 2008. id say only poker face has topped just dance hype. Early TF era was truly magical.

i remember I thought Gaga might be transgender since I saw an interview with xtina back in 2008 - there was a huge drama coz media accused her of copying the new popstar Gaga so she got interviewed about it. I remember when asked about Gaga she said: 'I don't know that person I don't even know if it make or female' and then the backlash started lol

and the first video of Gaga actually I seen was just dance at so do you think you can dance. I remember my first impression was that she is cool and futuristic but kinda ugly lol

I too get sick of hearing that also, because I still think until this very day that Just Dance is one of her BEST songs!!!  :woot:

Egypt. W

En_Sabah_Nur
14 hours ago, Pablo said:

I remember I was in my room listening to the radio and they announced a new artist and song (Just Dance) and I thought

"What? Another basic popgirl? We don't need any more untalented auto tune singers."

I don't remember much autotune on the radio tho before Gaga came out...  :huh:

Egypt. W

Pablo
36 minutes ago, En_Sabah_Nur said:

I don't remember much autotune on the radio tho before Gaga came out...  :huh:

The technology existed, Cher used it all the way back in 98. It was used more minorly because singers still needed to have dinner talent. Idk why I assumed gaga could sing.

Don't visit my profile

En_Sabah_Nur
2 hours ago, Pablo said:

The technology existed, Cher used it all the way back in 98. It was used more minorly because singers still needed to have dinner talent. Idk why I assumed gaga could sing.

Oh ok - I thought you meant in a more widespread mainstream way, minus Cher!  lol   I knew Gaga could sing after first seeing her perform Just Dance at the Miss Universe Pageant in 2008.  :D

Egypt. W

Archived