Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Your Earliest Memory of Gaga??

En_Sabah_Nur

Featured Posts

LaLuna

My earliest Gaga memory was nothing special, it was just me watching the Just Dance video on TV and not giving it a second thought :smh:

To be quite honest I didn't have much interest in her before Paparazzi. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HighlandHeart
4 hours ago, En_Sabah_Nur said:

Now that was a beautiful story...  :*-) 

Thank you! :)

If you don't have shadows you're not standing in the light.

super ultra

I have two really early moments but I don't remember which one was the earliest.

My friends used to listening to Just Dance and Poker Face when they came out and I hated Gaga. We were in the changing-rooms, getting ready for P.E lesson and Just Dance was blasting out from their phones. It was so annoying so I flounced out of the room. :laughga: 

the other one is:

SirLudicopro
1 hour ago, OBEY said:

First time she performed in montreal at Star academie in 2009 (american idol like contest)

I totally remember watching that! I was already (kind of) a stan at that time.

I remember my mom saying how rude of her it was to not show her eyes during the interview afterwards and how terrible Julie's English was :toofunny:

Hyperballad

I was a child when l would sit and watch MTV on my kitchen TV when Poker Face started playing I was so impressed and I went to target and bough The Fame and i made my parents listen to it on the way to a funeral in Mexico:air: I also then was impressed by Gaga's 2009 VMA perform ance and that's when I became a monster.I also would steal copies of The Fame Monster,Born This Way and The Fame cause I wanted every version:laughga:i was little don't blame me.So that's my first memory of Lady Gaga:derpga::derpga::derpga:

Cheap thrills

When I saw her legs out that limo in just dance I knew that i was going to love Gaga forever so just dance was my earliest memory and since than Gaga has been my favourite 

AJH219

Hearing Poker Face on the radio in late 2009. But, the first time I recall actually becoming "aware" of her was at the 2010 Grammys, specifically because of this look

lady-gaga-2010-grammy-awards-red-carpet-

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

PunkTheFunk

I can't remember the very first time I heard of Gaga but I remember hearing her name around the time Just Dance released (like April '08?). I'd seen the odd picture of her and around the same time there was a kid's talent show on TV called "The Next Star" and for some reason I assumed one of the judges was her because they looked so much alike :laughga:

suzie-mcneil-47.jpeg

(This woman's name is actually Suzie McNeil. I figured out she wasn't Lady Gaga eventually)

It wasn't until August that summer that I actually remember listening to "Just Dance" and thinking "Redwine? Gaga? Just Dance? Gonna be okay? Da da doo doo? This is a one-hit wonder if I ever heard one. Cute song though."

Lovegame and Pokerface came out later on and I wasn't crazy about them :koons:

I loved Paparazzi and Eh, Eh though. And it wasn't until the 2009 VMA's when I took a step back and thought "hm...bizarre...but there's something special about her..." and then Bad Romance and Alejandro came out and she was at the height of her fame and any thoughts of her being a one-hit wonder flew out the window :poot:

Peroxide

Seeing her side-boob on a poster from Hottopic.com changed my life and sexuality forever. :flutter: 

AustrianTilapia

I still remember the first time I heard her name. I was at a (straight:derpga:) friend's house playing video games and he just asked me out of the blue if I knew who Lady Gaga was. And I had no idea, since this was just around the time when Just Dance started smashing here in Europe. I looked her up and I've been in love ever since. 

Kween tbh! 

I'm getting fat and so is my bank

yASSsss

It was Summer Holidays.I first saw her name in a newspaper.They'd posted a lost of most digitally downloaded songs of the year and Poker Face was on the top.So i downloaded the song and wasn't really blown away :poot: 

A few days later,I listened to Just Dance and didn't like it either :poot: .Paparazzi was the first Gaga song I fell in love with.It was an Instant love to last forever:sis:

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

SpadesToStart

I was riding on the bus one morning in 9th grade and the local Top 40 station was on the radio.  They were listing the acts that were playing that year's Jingle Ball, and Lady Gaga was one of them.

My first reaction was, "well that's a stupid name for a pop star"

It was actually funny. At school we had a literature teacher whose name was Grazyna, however she was very masculine so we were calling her Gaga [legit without any connection, it was before 2008 anyway].

So one day I was at tennis training with my classmate and he told me you know what there is a new popstar now called Lady Gaga. And I was like wtf it is so random. Then he told me she was somewhat like Christina aguilera.

so I got intrigued and when I got back home he sent me a link of some custom video of the Simpsons with Just Dance playing over it. I got hooked on that song so badly. I remember I listened to it like 20 times in a row and couldn't believe how good and catchy it is.

and yet people say just dance isn't one of her best singles lol - delusion! It slayed everyone back in 2008. id say only poker face has topped just dance hype. Early TF era was truly magical.

i remember I thought Gaga might be transgender since I saw an interview with xtina back in 2008 - there was a huge drama coz media accused her of copying the new popstar Gaga so she got interviewed about it. I remember when asked about Gaga she said: 'I don't know that person I don't even know if it make or female' and then the backlash started lol

and the first video of Gaga actually I seen was just dance at so do you think you can dance. I remember my first impression was that she is cool and futuristic but kinda ugly lol

Poissonche

I remember not being sure if she actually existed or I had imagined/dreamed that there was someone called Lady Gaga somewhere :toofunny: I was a child. Not my fault.

Archived