Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Your Earliest Memory of Gaga??

En_Sabah_Nur

Featured Posts

Checkers

I heard Just Dance on the radio back in October 2008 and didn't like it at first. but then i watched the music video on that VH1 show and then i started to like her. So I started googling her pictures and interviews, watched Gagavisions every week and then I finally bought The Fame and that's when I fell in love. :wub:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SlaeUrAnus

Posting and sharing the videos for Just Dance and Poker Face on my Bebo page :air:

I miss Bebo.

In my messy era.

En_Sabah_Nur
5 minutes ago, SlaeUrAnus said:

Posting and sharing the videos for Just Dance and Poker Face on my Bebo page :air:

I miss Bebo.

Wow bebo!  U know that was a long time ago...  :smh:

Egypt. W

I cant really remember but the first 2 songs i heard were BR and Poker face, then Paparazzi but the impact wasnt really strong. Before stanning, I just thought she was a weirdo and somehow I thought she was in her mid 30s a few years back. 

seashellartfunk

It was back in 2008. I was switching channels and stopped at moment when Just Dance started on MTV. I was so pleasantly surprised by the song and the video and of course the girl behind it. I told myself this "Lady GaGa" looks exactly like someone I'd fall for and guess what... few days later I was completely obsessed. And I was only 10. 

zakariah

I was like 9 when I first discovered Gaga. My brother had a computer with iTunes in his room, so almost everyday I would use the computer to play games & listen to music. Then one day, I saw that there was a new song called 'Just Dance' on his iTunes playlist, so I had a listen & before I knew it, I was listening to it EVERY SINGLE DAY for the rest of 2008, & the rest is history.

HighlandHeart

I was alone and bullied all of my childhood. My friend found a new song on his chart updates on his phone called Just Dance. I was 12. As soon as I heard it it was like my entire life changed forever, and it did. Long story short, I was always bullied for wearing fancy dress costumes every day and writing in the corner of the classroom instead of taking part. When I bought The Fame it was like I was waiting for something my whole life and didn't know, nor knew what it was, until I played it. I fell so deeply in love with every song, related to her so much I can barely explain it. I converted a spare bedroom into a music room, set up my keyboard, painted posters of each genre of music and hung them up on the walls, hooked up a booming stereo system and sat in there playing The Fame straight at full volume in this small echoey room for a whole year, every single day. (It was a big house but new so the music boomed over the fields, my neighbour 209 yards away confided in me years later that she heard it every day). So I sat in there wearing my costumes proudly, painted a lightning bolt on my face and was the happiest I'd ever been. 

When I moved house I turned 13 and was becomming a little gothic. The new house was like the run down gothic mansion in Great Expectations and the surrounding woods were eerie. I loved it. That summer The Fame Monster came out, and I couldn't believe how I'd reached a relitavely darker place in my life and she was putting out darker music. My mum, driven mad by two years of full volume Gaga, bought me an iPod and headphones. Needless to say I walked through the woods every day listening to The Fame Monster on repeat and singing it at the top of my lungs. When I moved house again BTW came out and I felt so liberated by this magical woman who saved me. I am now gonna be 19 next month, and though I don't wear funny costumes anymore, I still have related to no one more in my life than Gaga. I still listen to her every day, and I'm convinced from the moment my old friend played Just Dance on his phone, this has all been a dream. How can one woman make such a difference in someone's life for so many years without being their Mother?...... Oh wait.... ;)

If you don't have shadows you're not standing in the light.

En_Sabah_Nur
8 minutes ago, Drunk Poet said:

I was alone and bullied all of my childhood. My friend found a new song on his chart updates on his phone called Just Dance. I was 12. As soon as I heard it it was like my entire life changed forever, and it did. Long story short, I was always bullied for wearing fancy dress costumes every day and writing in the corner of the classroom instead of taking part. When I bought The Fame it was like I was waiting for something my whole life and didn't know, nor knew what it was, until I played it. I fell so deeply in love with every song, related to her so much I can barely explain it. I converted a spare bedroom into a music room, set up my keyboard, painted posters of each genre of music and hung them up on the walls, hooked up a booming stereo system and sat in there playing The Fame straight at full volume in this small echoey room for a whole year, every single day. (It was a big house but new so the music boomed over the fields, my neighbour 209 yards away confided in me years later that she heard it every day). So I sat in there wearing my costumes proudly, painted a lightning bolt on my face and was the happiest I'd ever been. 

When I moved house I turned 13 and was becomming a little gothic. The new house was like the run down gothic mansion in Great Expectations and the surrounding woods were eerie. I loved it. That summer The Fame Monster came out, and I couldn't believe how I'd reached a relitavely darker place in my life and she was putting out darker music. My mum, driven mad by two years of full volume Gaga, bought me an iPod and headphones. Needless to say I walked through the woods every day listening to The Fame Monster on repeat and singing it at the top of my lungs. When I moved house again BTW came out and I felt so liberated by this magical woman who saved me. I am now gonna be 19 next month, and though I don't wear funny costumes anymore, I still have related to no one more in my life than Gaga. I still listen to her every day, and I'm convinced from the moment my old friend played Just Dance on his phone, this has all been a dream. How can one woman make such a difference in someone's life for so many years without being their Mother?...... Oh wait.... ;)

Now that was a beautiful story...  :*-) 

Egypt. W

Chuckles

Listening to the radio I heard Just Dance for the very first time (I thought it was a new Gwen Stefani song featuring Chris Brown :toofunny:). I could never find who it was or what it was called. My brother told me about Beautiful Dirty Rich and I couldn't download Just Dance from Limewire so I purchased it on iTunes :)

En_Sabah_Nur
2 minutes ago, Chuckles said:

Listening to the radio I heard Just Dance for the very first time (I thought it was a new Gwen Stefani song featuring Chris Brown :toofunny:). I could never find who it was or what it was called. My brother told me about Beautiful Dirty Rich and I couldn't download Just Dance from Limewire so I purchased it on iTunes :)

Lol @ Chris Brown  :air:

Egypt. W

KURUSHITOVSKA

It was on YouTube, there were some kind of music charts with new releases and there was Just Dance. I watched it and though "meh another blond acting like a bitch that wants to be famous". On the related videos there was Poker Face live at the Cherrytree House. "Wow she can play the piano and sing live very well". They were at Gagavision 5 or something, I wstched them all. I downloaded Just Dance and Poker Face through ARES :emma: and the audio from the acoustic Poker Face video. I became addicted to Poker Face, like played it every hour for a couple of weeks. Later I downloaded The Fame and Disco Heaven 2.0 lmao I thought that was official!. Then I saw that The Fame was going to be released and I had to buy it, october 13 2008, i will always remember, and Paper Gangsta made me love her so much, idk why.

ZWUjbtY.jpg

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

Jonathanholland

Listening to Pokerface on the radio on a holiday when my Father said: I like this tune, while I replied: I think it sounds exactly the same as her first single: Just Dance :emma: :toofunny:

Before there was love, there was silence

We were in music class (this was like 2009/10) and we had to vote for 10 different artists to find out some information about them. Gaga was one of them. The teacher must have hated Gaga by that time, so she gave a full detailed explanation of every artist's life and then when it was Gaga's turn she just said "Well, this is Lady Gaga. She wears a lot of weird stuff because she's kinda crazy (not in a good way). But every famous person is kinda crazy, anyways." I remember having this poster on the music class wall for months:

M0xf57v.jpg

DiscoStyx

I don't really remember the very first moment I've heard / saw her. I was approximately 10 years old. But what I can remember is that I was COMPLETELY (like literally) slayed by her music videos every morning before going to school, especially Just Dance (which I think my parent didn't want me to watch but I used to watch it anyway and think: what is going on? are these two women in love/making love??), Poker Face (this video + song really blew me away I swear; I was in trans everytime I was seeing the first picture of the mv) and then Telephone. Telephone. Telephone.

Telephone music video changed my life forever. At the time, I had to take drops of a medication because of my allergies and I had to keep them for 2 minutes in my mouth before swallowing them; BUT everytime I was so stunned by TELEPHONE mv (which lasts almost 10 minutes) that I would always forget about swallowing the drops in time :sick:.

Also, I remember being at my cousin's house and he had TFM album and I was so jealous because he knew the lyrics by heart (Bad Romance and all) while we were dancing like Crazy Kids in the living room. I still wonder if he's a LM or not though.

// This is my very first post on GGD :rockstar://

cause of death: gaga singing along perfect illusion on BBC Radio 1

En_Sabah_Nur
28 minutes ago, gaganow said:

I don't really remember the very first moment I've heard / saw her. I was approximately 10 years old. But what I can remember is that I was COMPLETELY (like literally) slayed by her music videos every morning before going to school, especially Just Dance (which I think my parent didn't want me to watch but I used to watch it anyway and think: what is going on? are these two women in love/making love??), Poker Face (this video + song really blew me away I swear; I was in trans everytime I was seeing the first picture of the mv) and then Telephone. Telephone. Telephone.

Telephone music video changed my life forever. At the time, I had to take drops of a medication because of my allergies and I had to keep them for 2 minutes in my mouth before swallowing them; BUT everytime I was so stunned by TELEPHONE mv (which lasts almost 10 minutes) that I would always forget about swallowing the drops in time :sick:.

Also, I remember being at my cousin's house and he had TFM album and I was so jealous because he knew the lyrics by heart (Bad Romance and all) while we were dancing like Crazy Kids in the living room. I still wonder if he's a LM or not though.

// This is my very first post on GGD :rockstar://

Great story, really great story & welcome to the GGD club!   :poot:

Egypt. W

Archived