đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Born To Die: a modern day classic?

Caesium

Is Born To Die a modern day classic?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Is Born To Die a modern day classic?

• Yes, we will tell our children about it
    • Wait a couple of years and we'll see
    • Nope, it's forgotten

Featured Posts

Yes, I think so

It's just a really unique work of art imo, even though her other albums are better than BTD. It terms of delivering constant quality music no one can compare to Lana. :tea:

The earth shattered, the sky opened, The rain was fire but we were wooden

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Robo Ga

I am actually in love with Lana, been appreciating her more lately. I was obsessed with ULTRAVIOLENCE last summer. Beautiful record. 

🤖⚡️

TropicOfCANCER
4 minutes ago, Caesium said:

I agree, Ultraviolence and Honeymoon are superior in terms of cohesiveness and overall quality, but Born To Die is the album with the most impact. Paradise is my least favourite from Lana, despite Ride being my favourite Lana song of all time.

This is how I feel. Its my least fave album of hers, but I LOVE Ride, American and Bel Air.

Voltaire

Love this album. I do think it was and is influential. The video for title-single done by Woodkid was visually fresh and pushed that entire trend forward.

In the same way that looking back now, its hard for younger people to understand how much influence Gaga had visually and culturally, the same goes for Lana with BTD.

Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker

jinko
6 minutes ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

its a great debut, but its not her best album. I would say that Ultraviolence is her masterpiece, and Honeymoon is truly great.

Born to die has extreme highs and lows. The first half of the album (up to and including "radio") is near perfect, but the second half of the album is quite forgettable, minus Summertime Sadness.

Carmen, million dollar man and lolita are all awful.

This is blasphemy and should be considered illegal

Tresor

I think so. It's extremely unique and cohesive with iconic melodies and music videos. Lana become a legend with that album.

Sunny

It's her best work (The Paradise Edition tho). Ultraviolence and Honeymoon are way below it 

I think it will be remembered 

I like dancin', and ponies....

ARTPOPisaChoice

If people like Halsey break into the mainstream, which they might very well this year, with both her latest single and Melanie Martinez's single increasing on pop radio, it's very possible her impact will be remembered for many years.

Hands up to the sky 🌧 I’ll be your galaxy 🌌

SlayedForTheGod

i still say BTD is her best album. that album is what makes me give every new album of hers a chance and i havent liked another one from her. but i have hope lol. i still listen to BTD. the only song from any other album ill listen to is West Coast.

SlayedForTheGod
21 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Love this album. I do think it was and is influential. The video for title-single done by Woodkid was visually fresh and pushed that entire trend forward.

In the same way that looking back now, its hard for younger people to understand how much influence Gaga had visually and culturally, the same goes for Lana with BTD.

such a fu+king good video. 

AlexanderLevi2

One of the best albums I've listened to! It took me awhile to get into the songs but they all sound so fresh as of today! I like her work after but I hope for an album similar to this in the future!

Currently listening to Joanne

Ultraviolence will always be my favorite album of hers, but I gotta admit that Born To Die was clearly an impressive fresh record when it came out ! 

Swan Heart

Yes, I believe it was quite influential. I'm not sure if I would call it a "classic", but we'll see...

Ultraviolence remains her best work though.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

Archived