Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Chris Brown or TINASHE?

Noah

Featured Posts

Hexxx

i never really listened to her music. but you have to admit, chris makes some good melodies

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

I hate him, he's trash. His song "don't wake me up" (or something like that) is so autotuned it gives me headaches. I can't find him any talent. I may not be very objective because of how much I can't stand him but I don't think he deserves his fame, especially since what he did to Rihanna. 

bayonse
41 minutes ago, Noahhh said:

Chris Brown:

No good video found. Is there even one?

no more parties in LA

Harry
2 hours ago, Son of ARTPOP said:

I don't really feel like arguing, this case is beside my point which is - Chris Brown is talented. It's a different thing when talking about how much talent he shows lately. 

I've worked back in my first year for a Sociology project and I had particular interest in this case cause bashing Chris Brown was still huge even though Rihanna had forgiven him already. So I found very interesting things about society and the role/portrait of the "criminal/abuser". Once with a label, a person is extremely unlikely to redeem himself in the eyes of society. Hence a downward spiral begins where the abuser repeats the mistakes/crimes, etc. which in turn confirms once again society's view and it goes on and on. I'm not defending him, don't for a second think I'm okay with the picture you've posted. I love Rihanna and she suffered a lot. I'm just thinking about Brown's faith after the case - if the victim has the heart to forgive, why wouldn't society? So what I meant is that while guilty, he had a good chance of getting back on track but the overwhelming negative press was too much even for the toughest person out there and he snapped again. He became much more reckless imo. And his quality in music decreased. Rn he is just generic trash to me. But I'm able to see the lost potential in that man. And this while mainly his fault, was also a result from society pressure. He has been painted as what not, to a point where he just "gave" the public what they wanted him to be. :wtf:

I understand what you're saying so I don't wanna argue/fight either. But your original post implied that he only became a scumbag after that Rihanna incident because of how the public treated him. Possible redemption aside, you have to be pretty scummy in the first place to physically abuse your defenceless partner, which leads me to believe he was not exactly a great guy to begin with.

Regarding the "if Rihanna forgave him then why can't we?" point, I'd read this: http://thoughtcatalog.com/rob-fee/2014/09/a-victim-going-back-to-their-abuser-doesnt-mean-we-should-forgive-domestic-violence/ I know damn well that if one of my family members or friends was beaten nearly to death by their partner and then acted like it was all okay, I would certainly not instantly be okay with their abuser. I find it hard to believe that you or anyone else would feel any different.

You may be right. He could've gotten back on track, but I guess we'll never know. But he seems like a horrible person to me and find any attempt to create sympathy towards him quite laughable.

Brian Ryan

Chris Brown. I love Tinashe she's new, but her last album down the line put me to sleep. Overall, I like Chris Brown music better.

The Child
6 hours ago, Son of ARTPOP said:

I don't personally care for Chris Brown's troubles. I think society has been way too harsh on him after the Rihanna mess which led him to become the scumbag he is now. But is he talented? Hell yeah. His Exclusive era is one of the most memorable RnB/pop moments of the previous decade. I haven't listened to Graffiti so I can't give an opinion. FAME had good songs, Fortune is way too generic - he hopped onto the EDM trend, and X is the first album that I loved from him since Exclusive. All things aside, this is his best work and I fear it will remain, cause Fan of Fan and Royalty are absolute trap trash and I can't stand him.

http://vbox7.com/play:1c63d76af5  Do Better (with Brandy)

http://vbox7.com/play:11984bdaa0 Autumn Leaves (with Kendrick Lamar) 

Check these out. Anyone who's into RnB would be extremely stupid to skip his work because of the mess he became.

About Tinashe - I think she is a future star in RnB. I hope she will be able to give it a revival. She better unite with Ciara and make an RnB revolution! :giveup: Acquarius is a very good album a bit dull for my taste, I like it more rhytmic and melodic, so I hope her sophomore will be a classic in RnB. :flutter: 

IMO, my favorite album of his is Fortune.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

eifulien
11 hours ago, Harry said:

I understand what you're saying so I don't wanna argue/fight either. But your original post implied that he only became a scumbag after that Rihanna incident because of how the public treated him. Possible redemption aside, you have to be pretty scummy in the first place to physically abuse your defenceless partner, which leads me to believe he was not exactly a great guy to begin with.

Regarding the "if Rihanna forgave him then why can't we?" point, I'd read this: http://thoughtcatalog.com/rob-fee/2014/09/a-victim-going-back-to-their-abuser-doesnt-mean-we-should-forgive-domestic-violence/ I know damn well that if one of my family members or friends was beaten nearly to death by their partner and then acted like it was all okay, I would certainly not instantly be okay with their abuser. I find it hard to believe that you or anyone else would feel any different.

You may be right. He could've gotten back on track, but I guess we'll never know. But he seems like a horrible person to me and find any attempt to create sympathy towards him quite laughable.

I guess I phrased it wrong cause it's not what I implied by any means. I'm not on Chris' side but I did have sympathy at one point when the case, after he had done his community service, completely overshadowed his work. And that's my point - I tend to care more about the work someone puts out rather than their personal lives. Not saying we should ignore it but it shouldn't be in the spotlight. But again that was back some years ago when he did have something to show, at this point there's nothing to defend about him - neither his personality nor his music. 

Also, if I were related to a victim of any sort of violence, there is no way at ANY point I'd forgive the abuser. But I differentiate between family/friends and "we" as the public, the media and so on. We are basically no one to judge their relationship. Here I'm more against the scrutiny the media puts on celebrity couples - if they can sort it out, shouldn't we focus elsewhere? I think the burden was too much for both of them. And I actually think Rihanna briefly returning to him in 2011/2012 was a sign of weakness, but she got out of the trauma eventually. 

I hope I've made my point clear. Sometimes I sound ambiguous when I write something short which is not the main point. :flop: My OG post was just to showcase the decent work he has released, not about arguing we should have pity on him. ;)

Archived