💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Ariana Grande scrapped Focus from Dangerous Woman?

panosmonster

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

It's sad how a #7 debut and 113k sales is considered a flop these days. Then again, dropping to #13 in its second week was a bit concerning. It wasn't her best song but weirdly under-performed considering everything she'd been building up to. Thing is, Dangerous Woman isn't doing that much better (it's performing at roughly the same rate), despite it being head and shoulders above Focus in quality and it's not taking off overseas either. I don't know if there are any regrets yet. So many artists and labels think the grass is greener on the other side, so make the hasty decision to jump ship with a new single, only to find that one doesn't fare much better. Ariana's certainly taking a risk with this song - it's amazing, but basing it on the public's taste in music (this is the same public who've put Work at #1 for 7 consecutive weeks), it doesn't seem like a #1, barely a top 3.

ryanripley

i didn't like ariana grande until Dangerous Woman, why does no one else like it? :duck:

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Robo Ga

She tried to recreate the success she had with Problem, but failed. Focus is a horrifyingly bad song, I truly hate it! I like her new ones though :) Be Alright is a jam:woot:

🤖⚡️

Brian Ryan

It really pisses me off when artist do it it's on the Japanese Version. It's still her best video. Dangerous Woman (Visual 1) is her worst.

Brian Ryan
1 hour ago, Sexxx said:

Don't know why everyone loves DW, it's pathetically mediocre :smh: 

The vocals and it makes you want to ****.

venusfly

focus wouldve been a bop if it didnt have that random guy screaming "Focus on me" in it.. what the **** were they thinking lmao

ryanripley
3 minutes ago, LG said:

focus wouldve been a bop if it didnt have that random guy screaming "Focus on me" in it.. what the **** were they thinking lmao

literally, thats what ruined it for me :giveup:

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Just because it peaked at #7 doesn't mean it didn't flop. It was almost like Judas... Peaked within top 10 and then tumbled quickly out of the Hot 100.

FRANK1991

well, it sounds really different from Dangerous Woman and Be Alright

so maybe she's going for a different direction so decided not to include Focus to keep the album consistent.

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

Archived