💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Rihanna is the most popular female singer of our time.

Juvelius

Featured Posts

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StarstruckIllusion

yaaaassss at this Rihanna roast thread. 

Noah
8 hours ago, just4fun said:

600k worldwide after giving away 1.4M worldwide.

You are acting as if Only Girl (the song that launched a million red weaves didn't have any impact on fashion and style) or Diamonds (the song that instanly turned Sia from a talented well known artist into a global song writing phenomenon) doesn't exist or that Sia didn't purposely emulate Rihanna's voice on her track Chandelier. 

You acting like Talk That Talk didn't influence the sound and direction of Beyoncé's last album. 

You act like "Please Don't Stop the Music" wasn't the Grammy's theme song the year it came out and didn't help usher in an era of pop/EDM music. 

You act like Work hasn't been number one for 5 weeks and will probably be number one for another two weeks and is still growing in radio. 

1.) There were Albums that have been downloaded illegally more and yet sold more. Also, no one knows if these numbers are accurate, they could also be made it.

2) I mentioned Only Girl. But, I didn't mention it for the impact of 'red weaves' because that's bullshit. Only Girl had much more of an impact on the EDM Scene (a short one tho) and not an impact on Red Weaves. Sia was already famous because of Titanium with David Guetta so this point seems invalid.

3) If, Talk That Talk influenced Beyoncé, please let me know how.

4) RnB has always been happening no matter if EDM blew up. Even when EDM blew up in 2011, RnB was still well liked. PDSTM wasn't anything extraordinary back then, but of course it's a great Song - that explains why it received a Grammy or two i guess.

5) That's good and fine.

⟡ ⋆ ËšïœĄâ‹†đŸŠąâ‹† ËšïœĄâ‹†âŸĄ

Dominic
3 hours ago, Noahhh said:

2) I mentioned Only Girl. But, I didn't mention it for the impact of 'red weaves' because that's bullshit. Only Girl had much more of an impact on the EDM Scene (a short one tho) and not an impact on Red Weaves. Sia was already famous because of Titanium with David Guetta so this point seems invalid.

It's not bull at all.  Rihanna really did have a massive impact on fashion; particularly the red hair trend.  She made that massive, even here in the UK.  

Edit: This was around the time she made Boy London blow up as well...

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Lucas

Commercially, #1s yes, but she had no impact, really average vocalist, don't write songs & her MVs are not that interesting, doesn't dance

Archived