💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Rihanna is the most popular female singer of our time.

Juvelius

Featured Posts

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alien Tulip
2 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

#1 where? Born This Way was her 1st on the Billboard 200

Oops you're right when I checked it was actually number one on the Dance/Electronic charts. It was number 2 on Billboard 200 though which is still impressive for a debut and there hasn't been a good number one debut album since Baby One More Time. 

littlepotter
2 minutes ago, Alien Tulip said:

Oops you're right when I checked it was actually number one on the Dance/Electronic charts. It was number 2 on Billboard 200 though which is still impressive for a debut and there hasn't been a good number one debut album since Baby One More Time. 

Isn't it like her biggest album tho it supposedly sold a lot why isn't it #1 :smh:

chaeri pls

Alien Tulip
1 minute ago, littlepotter said:

Isn't it like her biggest album tho it supposedly sold a lot why isn't it #1 :smh:

Number ones arent really everything but I like to pull out Rihanna's resume since her fan base are so delusional when they call her a legend.

In this case, numbers do lie.

She's big, but painfully unimportant for our generation. She left no mark culturally. 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

LaLuna

And how is this a good thing, exactly? If anything, it's a testament to our generation's awful taste in music and the triumph of style over substance. 

JusKeepBreathin
5 hours ago, OBEY said:

The most popular maybe but surely not the one with the most impact

Right, except just right now we are currently in an era where Rihanna has a number one song with a dancehall track. Something that only happened once before in 2006. Watch how many more dancehall tracks we will have in the radio in the next year or two. People need to get educated and get a grip. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

OBEY
6 minutes ago, just4fun said:

Right, except just right now we are currently in an era where Rihanna has a number one song with a dance track. Something that only happened once before in 2006. Watch how many more dancehall tracks we will have in the radio in the next year or two. People need to get educated and get a grip. 

I don't get your post, can you reword it?

JusKeepBreathin
5 hours ago, Noahhh said:

I do think she's a really strong force in the Industry, but the 'most popular female icon of our time' should have outsold Little Mix's latest Album already. ANTi currently sold 600k WW and Get Weird 660k. The 'most popular female icon of our time' should be able to sell out Stadiums in Minutes and not cancel dates and change venues due to poor ticket sales. The 'most popular female icon of our time' should have a whole catalogue with impactful songs, not just 2 Songs that had kind off Impact (Umbrella, Only Girl). The 'most popular female icon of our time' should have a clear future. Do you think that in 20 years anyone wants to hear about 'Bitch Better Have My Money' or 'Wa wa wa wa work'? Answer this yourself. 

600k worldwide after giving away 1.4M worldwide. You are acting as if Only Girl (the song that launched a million red weaves didn't have any impact on fashion and style) or Diamonds (the song that instanly turned Sia from a talented well known artist into a global song writing phenomenon) doesn't exist or that Sia didn't purposely emulate Rihanna's voice on her track Chandelier. You acting like Talk That Talk didn't influence the sound and direction of Beyoncé's last album. You act like "Please Don't Stop the Music" wasn't the Grammy's theme song the year it came out and didn't help usher in an era of pop/EDM music. You act like Work hasn't been number one for 5 weeks and will probably be number one for another two weeks and is still growing in radio. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

JusKeepBreathin
36 minutes ago, OBEY said:

I don't get your post, can you reword it?

Actually your are right dancehall was automatically replaced with the word dance. Sorry about that.

Archived