Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Would New Romantics have been a better lead single than Shake it Off?

Edonis

Featured Posts

Edonis

So I'm not really a big Taylor Swift fan (she just doesn't make the kind of music I like) buuuuut I love New Romantics. It's fun and has a nice beat and is very catchy. I was wondering though, would it have made a better lead single over Shake it Off? 

Let us assume that NR made the standard release and wasn't a deluxe edition song. Would the era have been more exciting if NR was chosen over SIO?

Or do you think the song should have been released and made a single earlier? (Over Bad Blood, or even wildest dreams?) 

Discuss girlies. Keep it cute. :poot:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fiona Apple

Well Shake It Off was the safe option and it slayed the charts for weeks so it was obviously a great choice.. Is New Romantics a better song? Obviously

Bad Blood shouldn't have been a single at all (even tho it hit #1 it's such a mediocre song).And they should have released NR instead of it

No, Shake It Off is probably the most relatable song on the album (and that on a Taylor Swift album is A LOT)

Edonis
Just now, dannydevito said:

Shake It Off debuted at #1

so no

You don't think NR would debut at number one of it were released as the first single? Both are catchy. 

dannydevito
1 minute ago, Edonis said:

You don't think NR would debut at number one of it were released as the first single? Both are catchy. 

SIO was about giving the back to the haters. That is a swag concept. Because swag is such a mainstream movement I would say no.

Creyk

No, shake it off actually has an amazing message. 95% of her music does not. plus the bridge is everything. it was a perfect choice.

OmgSum1Actually

new-vomit-gif-477.gif

When Shake It Off starts playing on the radio or anywhere.

Shameless selfpromo

The Child

How could I know? Except for the singles (the last single I listened to from her was Wildest Dreams) I never heard the rest of 1989.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Edonis
5 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

How could I know? Except for the singles (the last single I listened to from her was Wildest Dreams) I never heard the rest of 1989.

Then why comment sis? :neyde:

But it's a good song. 

The Child
Just now, Edonis said:

Then why comment sis? :neyde:

But it's a good song. 

Just to say that Taylor is so uninteresting that I didn't even bother to listen to the album.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

KairuXGaga
17 minutes ago, Creyk said:

No, shake it off actually has an amazing message. 95% of her music does not. plus the bridge is everything. it was a perfect choice.

That sassyness in the bridge:air:

My worst fear is real life

Edonis
2 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

Just to say that Taylor is so uninteresting that I didn't even bother to listen to the album.

ok 

Logan

I stan for Taylor hardcore but Shake It Off got stale really fast and it's incredibly basic. New Romantics has a lot more substance to it but it wouldn't have done better because the repetitive Shake It Off is catchy to the gp and easy for people to remember. 

9 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

Same there is only about 11 songs on there and we have heard half so there is no point I agree with u

Archived