💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Highly recommend GGD Mods to pull thru on this

StarstruckIllusion

Featured Posts

StarstruckIllusion
1 hour ago, MANiKIWI said:

"ARTPOP was the ninth best seller album of 2013 with 2.3 million copies worldwide. It was included in several year-end lists by music critics and publications."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARTPOP

I don't think the goal was to clean her image up, she just toned it down to work on non-pop music projects, and in doing so the GP saw her in a new light.

no those were shipments. do you really think ARTPOP sold 2.3 million in 2 months, and then only 200,000 more 25 months later? that doesn't make sense. The 1.95 is the 2015 tally of all the officially reported sales (humans who bought the album and not stores) numbers (idk why my reply glitched like this lol

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dominic

I've never been a fan of these kind of things,  especially when Gaga herself asked us to stream Applause on a loop.

I care about the bling but it's a bonus if the music is good,  figures don't need to be falsely inflated regardless if the fanbase or Gaga wants it.  It does sound desperate.  

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

And this is suppose to make the song really successful? :green: 

If it's appealing to the GP the song will be successful, our individual actions won't contribute much as seen from ARTPOP

eifulien

Geez, these pathetic people in the fanbases. Imagine if they used all this ambition, devotion and passion to improve their own lives... :flop: 

Anyway, not gonna participate in this bullsh*t for Gaga. I hardly remember her needing such "plans" to make JD, PF or BR happen. I'm glad our fanbase has grown at least a bit and is acting more rationally. 

And don't come at me. Not wanting to be part of these "promo campaigns" doesn't make me or anyone like me less of a fan. :usrs:

Ok... but we've done things like this one before Ariana was even a singer so don't worry when LG5 drops you'll see threads like this a few times a day.:toofunny:

Haroon

Moderators don't run the GGD social media accounts :shrug: As far as I know GGD social media does promote Gaga's new ventures but doesn't spam them, which seems right in my opinion because spamming can be annoying :emma: I'll do my share and post a status on Facebook when the single/album comes out and say it's amazing if it is, that goes for most movies/music/etc that I fall in love with really :happy: But besides that I don't think I'll be actively going out on social media and posting about her single & album everywhere, I don't care about numbers enough to do that :duck: 

As with anything, if you like it then go recommend it to friends/family if you think it's something they could be interested in, word of mouth is still an effective method in this day and age :yay: 

SarahYuko
32 minutes ago, Son of ARTPOP said:

Geez, these pathetic people in the fanbases. Imagine if they used all this ambition, devotion and passion to improve their own lives... :flop: 

Anyway, not gonna participate in this bullsh*t for Gaga. I hardly remember her needing such "plans" to make JD, PF or BR happen. I'm glad our fanbase has grown at least a bit and is acting more rationally. 

And don't come at me. Not wanting to be part of these "promo campaigns" doesn't make me or anyone like me less of a fan. :usrs:

I agree that these things won't be necessary because good music will speak for itself. But you needn't call anyone "pathetic" and their suggestions "bullish*t". And don't say things like, "Imagine if they used all this ambition, devotion and passion to improve their own lives..." That's rude and hurtful; you know nothing about their lives. You might think I'm being too serious about your comment but it's careless words like these that hurt and offend a lot of people. You (and a lot of monsters like you) would do well to be more polite.

eifulien
3 minutes ago, SarahYuko said:

I agree that these things won't be necessary because good music will speak for itself. But you needn't call anyone "pathetic" and their suggestions "bullish*t". And don't say things like, "Imagine if they used all this ambition, devotion and passion to improve their own lives..." That's rude and hurtful; you know nothing about their lives. You might think I'm being too serious about your comment but it's careless words like these that hurt and offend a lot of people. You (and a lot of monsters like you) would do well to be more polite.

I'm usually very polite, and never hurt people. I'm the kind of person that doesn't give his 2 cents if they don't add anything meaningful. I wrote it mainly because this is like the 5th thread from that member and he/she is getting too much in the face with this preaching. He was also the one blaming all of us back in January for "breaking our hips" for ANTI and Rihanna. So I strongly dislike such attitudes. Bash eveyrthing you dislike and put in everyone's face your favourites. :wtf:

I acknowledge now how rude my comment was esp. since it doesn't target anyone else yet I wrote it in a very impersonal way. I rarely get annoyed here and usually I just pass on such threads but sometimes it slips away. Sorry. :laughga:

iCpro
16 hours ago, ROARyals said:

EDIT: wow at all the backlash. if the LG5 lead flops, I'm making 37 "I told you so" threads...

Don't worry, LG5's lead won't flop. Gaga is still the biggest name in music, so when she returns it will generate an internet s**tstorm. 

bookmark me.

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

Archived