💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The K-Pop Thread

Taylor

Featured Posts

YCHofficial

13 days after their disbandment... Girlgroup AREAL announced it's reboot. 

2/4 are still in and the agency is gonna cast 2 new members to make them 4 again. 

Irrelevant

Kpop Superlatives

Artist of the Year:

Spoiler

loona_star_teaser_all_group.jpgThe_Boyz_Chase_The_Stealer_Concept_all_g

Best Singles:

Spoiler

1. Why Not - LOONA
2. Black Mamba - Êspa
3. COOL - Weki Meki
4. Make A Wish - NCT U
5. MAGO - Gfriend
6. Hands Up - CherryBullet
7. Tag Me - Weeekly
8. Gods Menu - Stray Kids
9. Not Shy - ITZY
10. Nonstop - Oh My Girl

Honorable Mentions:

How You Like That, Lovesick Girls - BLACKPINK, Jungle - CIX, Got That Boom - Secret Number, Feel Good - fromis_9,  So What, Star - LOONA, Red Moon - KARD, Panorama - IZ*ONE, Kick It - NCT 127, LALALILALA - April, Good Guy, Summer Breeze - SF9, Wannabe - ITZY, Puma, Blue Hour - TXT, Left & Right - Seventeen, pporapippam - SUNMI, Girls - Nature, I Love You, Boy - Treasure, Scream, Boca - Dreamcatcher, Back Door - Stray Kids, More & More - TWICE, DUN DUN, LA DI DA - EVERGLOW, So Bad - STAYC, Stay Tonight - CHUNGHA Without You, Pump It Up - Golden Child, Butterfly - WJSN (:poot:)

Best MV's:

Spoiler

(I probably forgot some really good ones but I don't like to rewatch MV's most of the time nnn)

Best Albums / EPs + B-Sides: (realized I barely listened to full albums even of artists I "stan" :poot:)

Spoiler

(Not in order)

WJSN - Neverland

Best Songs: Butterfly, Pantomime, Where You Are (girl group b-side of the year)

LOONA - 12:00

Best Songs: Why Not, Voice, Universe, Hide & Seek, OOPS!

IZ*ONE - BLOOM*IZ

Best Songs: Dreamlike, So Curious, AYAYA, Daydream, Pink Blusher, Open Your Eyes

TXT - Minisode 1: Blue Hour

Best Songs: Ghosting, Wishlist

BLACKPINK - The Album

Best Songs: How You Like That, Pretty Savage, Lovesick Girls, Crazy Over You

CIX - Hello Chapter 3: Strange Time

Best Songs: Move Your Body, Jungle, Switch It Up

TWICE - Eyes Wide Open

Best Songs: Up All Night, Do What We Like, Bring It Back, Depend On You

The Boyz - REVEAL

Best Songs: SALTY (boy group b-side of the year & the only song I actually choose to listen to on this album nnn)  

Other B-Sides:

Like This, StayC, Love Spell - Gfriend, Blueprint - Stray Kids, Cloud 9 - Cravity, PUMA - TXT, Ding Ding Dong - LOONA, Island, Rococo, Pretty - LOONA, Fever - ATEEZ

Best Moments: IZ*ONE surviving, The Boyz on RTK serving performance (but not serving music), LOONA & Pentagon first wins, smngg finally debuting, BLACKPINK full album, overall solid comebacks from most groups, Haseul Comeback

Biggest Surprise: aespa being 4 members, LOONA management being good

Biggest Disappointment: Nugus + Nugudan disbandments, Elkie leaving CLC, AOA Mina situation, NCT Dream refusing to give us another We Go Up, both of TWICE's releases, FNC driving Cherry Bullet into irrelevancy (they're probably doing the worst out of all the 4th gen mid-tier company girl groups :rip:), Why Not styling being horrendous, CRAVITY & most other nugus not giving me the music I like :poot:

Looking forward to in 2021: LOONA comeback w/ full album, hopefully more boy group music that I like, Êspa comebacks, RV comeback, IZ*ONE final release, OMG comeback (interested in if they peaked or not), YGNGG, etc.

êŽ‘ì•ŒëĄœ 걞얎가 알아 ë„€ home ground
  • YAAAS 1

Irrelevant
2 hours ago, TWICE said:

Interesting 

why one year KSKSKKSK is there some sort of produce 101 nondisclosure contract

BUtterfield 8
21 minutes ago, Irrelevant said:

why one year KSKSKKSK is there some sort of produce 101 nondisclosure contract

Probably lol

Irrelevant
22 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

Probably lol

i just realized that one year later means it's literally tomorrow :rip:

Irrelevant

my ult boy group and ult girl group really said I will end ur 2020 with a collab to send your wig into outer space

EDIT: they way this performance kinda served NOTHING though, lemme rewatch the superior MBC stage

EDIT 2:

this one ain't better

Edited by Irrelevant

Irrelevant

@BUtterfield 8 :giveup: 

Nonstop Rock Ver. kinda snaps

Also is WJSN choosing to be in hiatus right now? I really wished we got some year end stages from them.

Edited by Irrelevant

Supersonic
7 minutes ago, Irrelevant said:
Also is WJSN choosing to be in hiatus right now? I really wished we got some year end stages from them.

Year-end stages are given to music show winners of that TV channel in priority, WJSN only won on Mnet this year and they don't have a year-end show.

If you don't win, you can basically apply to a waiting list and possibly win a performing spot if somebody pulls out or if there's still space in the shows.

• Shook 1

Irrelevant
1 minute ago, Supersonic said:

Year-end stages are given to music show winners of that TV channel in priority, WJSN only won on Mnet this year and they don't have a year-end show.

If you don't win, you can basically apply to a waiting list and possibly win a performing spot if somebody pulls out or if there's still space in the shows.

interesting cause LOONA only won on Mnet this year too. queens of relevancy I guess :poot:

Supersonic
2 minutes ago, Irrelevant said:

interesting cause LOONA only won on Mnet this year too. queens of relevancy I guess :poot:

One thing producers might consider when casting the rest of the show is international outreach in light of ad-revenue from YouTube videos. WJSN's main market is China, they don't really pull good numbers on YouTube. Loona's fandom is huge abroad, mainly in the USA and other states that have access to YouTube :poot: 

Loona pulls 1,5M+ views per live performance approx. on YouTube, WJSN pulls 600k max. per performance.

• Like 1

Supersonic

Also your relationship with the TV station matters a lot, Hwasa, Jessi & Uhm Junghwa did not win on MBC this year, but they all received solo stages at MBC's year-end show because of Refund Sisters and all of them won excellence awards like 2 days ago at the MBC Entertainment Awards for their work at the station (With Miss Hwasa winning Top Excellence, which usually only seasoned entertainers get).

• Like 1

BUtterfield 8

@Irrelevant @Supersonic

Well they’ll be invited next year cause “As You Wish” is gaining attention as a new year’s anthem!

Spoiler

It started with this tweet that went viral:

Rough Trans: On December 31st, at 11:58:52 P.M., I heard that if you play As You Wish by Cosmic Girls, you'll hear the lyrics "Everything will come true" as soon as it hits January 1st.

Articles are being written about the song 

AFA2-F713-402-C-48-D6-B4-C6-6-A55-CCC290

And now as you wish is currently recharting!

Stream the nation’s national anthem!

• YAAAS 3
  • Love 1

PoshLife

PoshLife’s 2020 KPop Top 20

Honorable mention: Seo-yul Baek (CHI CHI’s Azi) - “If It Is You”
1. BVNDIT – “Cool”
2. Minzy – “Lovely”
3. Yerim Sohn – “Problem”
4. Hedy – “You Were Really Not Good”
5. YongYong – “Lost Ember”
6. Blackswan – “Tonight”