💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The K-Pop Thread

Taylor

Featured Posts

Neight Shayde
1 hour ago, fashion monster said:

I never paid that much attention to him before the buff era. So I never looked at him in that way. But now that you point that out I can see what you mean. Too bad we can't have both. 

I just have a thing for twinks, I guess, and since their debut I liked how his face really suited his then twink-ish built. :gaycat:

fashion monster

WTF! :rip: me. Who told Hwasa it was ok to come out in a red latex leotard after Solar had pole danced, and attack me like that?

Martijn

I'm sorry, but I can't help but be excited. I definitely feel like the chances of this being successful are so much bigger now. YGs really doing an amazing job having his artists release new music back to back rn.

My only worry is that that might change when GD and Taeyang come back from the military next year.

mister max
4 hours ago, Martijn said:

I'm sorry, but I can't help but be excited. I definitely feel like the chances of this being successful are so much bigger now. YGs really doing an amazing job having his artists release new music back to back rn.

My only worry is that that might change when GD and Taeyang come back from the military next year.

If only he could manage BP a bit better, the world would be a better place

Also LOL and SMH at Park Jinny and Park Roya leaving YG earlier this year while they could have competed in the show :smh:

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

YCHofficial
4 hours ago, mister max said:

If only he could manage BP a bit better, the world would be a better place

Also LOL and SMH at Park Jinny and Park Roya leaving YG earlier this year while they could have competed in the show :smh:

pfff. I hope Moon Sua gets to debut, shes been a trainee for 10 years now 

PopReaper
3 hours ago, Martijn said:

I don't really listen to DAY6 ever but give me an eighties concept and I'm down

Reveal hidden contents

feel like you might like this one @PopReaper

this is pretty nice :music: I love anything with 80s vibes tbh :lolga:

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

Here's how I did with my 2018 predictions

Spoiler

Ailee - comeback in the middle of year, most likely a mini album. Also, I don’t see her doing much on the Western front. Nope... she did nothing.

Andamiro - hopefully a comeback at some point with a physical release - I feel like she could just release a full album at this point if she includes her digital singles. No physical release, digital collab mini album and moved to YG sub-label.

AOA - I’m not too sure with Choa leaving and FNC’s new girl group, but I guess a comeback at some point. Maybe April/May time. Don’t see them having any Japanese promotions, but if they did it would probably be the Japanese version of their Korean release around 1.5 months after the Korean release. YES, mini album released in May.

Apink - probably another full length album? Won’t bother predicting Japanese stuff because, I don’t really follow them. NOPE - special single and mini album.

APRIL - two comebacks, probably both mini albums - one in April and the other later on, perhaps November time. CLOSE - two mini albums, one in March and the other in October. Also debuted in Japan.

Berry Good - I wouldn’t be surprised if they disbanded to be honest, but I could see them having a comeback around March. NOPE - released full length album in August.

BLACKPINK - well… who knows. I can see their early 2018 comeback being pushed to April-time with “SQUARE THREE” and maybe “SQUARE FOUR” at the very end of the year if we’re lucky. Like, 31st December end of year. NOPE - released mini album in June in Korea. Re-package mini + single + full length album in Japan.

BoA - has her Japanese album coming out 14th February, but probably no Korean promotions. NOPE - released a mini album and full length album.

BolBBalgan4 - 2nd full length album. NOPE - released 3rd mini album.

Brave Girls - another mini album and perhaps a digital single. - Mini album, no. Digital single, meh... yeah (re-release)

Chung Ha - she finally releases this comeback she’s been teasing for the last 6 months. YES - plus summer mini album

CLC - first full length album or two mini albums. NOPE - one mini.

Cosmic Girls - two mini albums, perhaps in February and September. YES - spot on!! :D

DIA - release something else where the physical really pisses me off. Nope - packaging was okay tbh

Dreamcatcher - have a successful tour, return to Korean and release a mini album in July - perhaps a single towards the end of the year. End of their “gothic” concept (I think it was already announced their next release will be the last?). Digital single in January, mini albums in May and September, Japanese debut in November.

EXID - Solji will fully re-join the group. Perhaps first full length album? Yes, Solji returned. I guess I forgot "Street" was a full length album, but they released 2 singles this year.

f(x) - something, anything. Please SM! The sooner the better at this point. Fingers crossed for 5th album February/March time! Released nothing.

GFriend - Perhaps 2nd full length album in April/May time? I don’t they’ve done as well commercially this year compared to 2016, so perhaps it’ll be a mini album. BUT PLEASE STOP USING THE HORRIBLE JEWELCASE PACKAGING! Korea wise released minis in April and July, debuted in Japan with best of album + single later on.

Girl’s Day - I’m not really sure, I think they re-signed with DreamT so hopefully they’ll release something, but I don’t know what and I don’t have a guess for when. Released nothing.

Girls’ Generation - Again, I have no idea if we’ll get an OT5 release, OT6, OT7, OT8 or even a random OT9? Who knows? Or nothing… probably nothing. Maybe some more solos? Probably definitely more solos. New sub-unit as OT5

gu9udan - I don’t really know the group but I’m guessing at least another mini album early next year and maybe another comeback October-time. CLOSE - single in February and mini early November.

Heize - comeback in the summer - probably a mini album. Mini album in March.

Hyolyn - I think she set up her own label? Or moved? I’m sure we’ll see a few digital release but hopefully a physical full length towards the end of the year. KINDA - definitely released a lot of digital songs but no physical.

HyunA - mini album in August. Nope... biggest shocker here tbh.

IU - I’m kinda hoping IU does a CHAT-SHIRE like mini during the first half of the year and perhaps a more Palette like mini album during the second half. I don’t see her doing another cover album next year, but maybe in 2019. Nope, released 1 digital single :(

Jessica - I’m sure she’ll get a mini album at some point. Nope, digital Christmas single.

KARD - I could see them releasing another two mini albums - perhaps they’ll tour again? Released mini album over the summer.

LABOUM - I think they’re to release something early January? But since like half of their members are on The Unit I don’t know if it’ll be just the remaining members - or maybe a solo? Release singles in July and December.

LADIES’ CODE - Since they’ve now officially moved over to BlockBerry I’m hoping they get some kind of promotions this year. I’m expecting LOOΠΔ to have a pretty decent hiatus (well, for LOOΠΔ) between April and July - so perhaps LADIES’ CODE can fill in the gap?! Nope, one Christmas digital single.

Lee Hi - gets her September comeback. Could be 2019 tho. Nope, Japan debut album aka just released old Korean songs in Japan.

LOOΠΔ - 11th member in mid/late-January, 12th member mid-February, 3rd sub-unit early/mid March and re-package late April. They’ll then take a long break (well, for LOOΠΔ) to prepare for their debut, perhaps around August time. I expect they’ll debut with a full length album (made up for say 6 full group songs and 2 songs from each sub-unit). BlockBerry, please also release a LOOΠΔ story book with the answers to all of our questions supplemented with the b-side photoshoots from all of the single releases. Thanks! And a Blu-ray release of all MVs and the LOOΠΔ TV movie you should be making  And… go easy on the photocards post-debut, will you? Meh, Go Won in January, Olivia Hye in March, yyxy in May and full group in August with mini album. Nobody could predict the super expensive event merchandise.

Luna - hopefully 2nd solo mini album at some point. If f(x) do get their early 2018 comeback, then I’ll slate Luna in for August/September. Digital single :/

MAMAMOO - I don’t know what they’re currently teasing - if it’s a digital single or perhaps something more? If it’s a proper release (like a mini of full length album) then they’ll maybe have one more comeback at the end of the year. If it’s a digital perhaps a summer time comeback? Nope, huge project. Digital single in January, mini albums in March, July and November. Numerous solo activities too.

Minzy - not really sure for Minzy, it would be good to see her doing something but I wouldn’t expect anything until later on in the year. Released nothing.

Nine Muses - again, I’m not really sure. It could just be disbandment at this point. Hopefully they’ll continue to fight on, but I’m not sure how much longer Nine Muses will last. Released nothing. Gyeong Ree went solo.

OH MY GIRL - comeback in January and perhaps first full album in October? CLOSE - mini albums in January and October. Plus BANHAN releases.

Playback - I’m not really sure where these girls are standing with whichever survival show they’re on but if one or more members do make the final group then I don’t see them coming back until September-ish time at the earliest. Released nothing.

PRISTIN - I don’t really know since they’ve only been active for a year but I can see them releasing perhaps a mini or single in March time and the same in September? Released nothing, V sub-unit debuted.

BP RaNia - lol, further messes. Did they finally disband yet?

Red Velvet - I can see maybe two comebacks? Probably both mini albums but I wouldn’t decline another full length album! I hope that they can release a concert DVD (well, Blu-ray) at some point. They’ll also most likely get their Japanese debut this year (with a single) but whether there will be more than one Japanese release I have no idea. Re-package in January, minis in August and November. They did debut in Japan with a mini album and a concert was released on Blu-ray! :D

STELLAR - another successful Makestar with the new 4. I don’t think they’ll do too well overall though. I feel like STELLAR was perfect as they were pre-Soyoung and now with another member and two leavers it’s just not the same? I’ll continue to support them, but at the same time I’m unsure if I should. Minhee and Hyoeun don’t seem to be happy and they still have a year or two of their contracts left I think. Nope, disbanded.

Sunmi - I think Sunmi is meant to have a comeback soon? Hopefully she’ll get a mini album this time around and then another single later on in the year. Digital single earlier in the year + physical mini in September.

Suzy - I also feel like I’ve read Suzy is to have a comeback early 2018? If that’s the case I can see her releasing another mini album but nothing much else for the rest of the year. Correct - mini in January and nothing else.

Taeyeon - I’d like to see her release another full length album, and maybe she will if there aren’t any SNSD promotions this year. I can see her next release being a mini album though - perhaps early Summer.  Correct - mini album in June + Japanese debut.

TWICE - I expect them to release like 328182 things… lol. They’ve already got the Blu-ray release of their concert at the end of January, Japanese single in February. They’ll probably release Twicetagram Monograph in April along with a photobook of their holiday (if they get a break, that is) in May. Comeback could be in June time with a Japanese release in July. Then cue some photobooks, DVD releases over the next few months and bam dual Japanese/Korean releases in October followed by a Christmas re-package (again). SO MANY RELEASES! 2 mini albums, 2 special albums, Like... one group photo book, two member photobooks, 4 monographs, concert release, fan meeting release, 2 Japanese singles, Japanese album and Japanese repackage.

Weki Meki - similar to PRISTIN, I don’t really know but maybe either a mini or single and April and the same in October? Close - mini album in February and single in October.

Martijn

I tried to look for my 2018 predictions but I guess I didn't make any.

I did see our posts reacting to Jonghyun passing away though :( Can't believe it's almost been a year already.

Martijn

I know TS Entertainment is trash, but I don't understand how they gave Sonamoo 3 comebacks in 2017 and 0 this year. It's not like Euijin was THAT busy promoting with UNI.T :madge:

YCHofficial
1 hour ago, Martijn said:

I know TS Entertainment is trash, but I don't understand how they gave Sonamoo 3 comebacks in 2017 and 0 this year. It's not like Euijin was THAT busy promoting with UNI.T :madge:

Comeback got delayed because members got solo gigs such as acting and MC'ing. 

And those solo gigs probably make more money then releasing music. :triggered::triggered: