Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The K-Pop Thread

Taylor

Featured Posts

mister max

Blackpink going mainstream YES :applause:

Also happy 3rd birthday blackpink :applause: hopefully the new CEO has better plans for you then YG

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

PopReaper

nnnnnnn this is about to be a whole mess, I'm excited  :toofunny:

at least taemin is getting consistently booked't

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

mister max

Arent Taemin and Kai close to enlisting :emma:

Also Taeyong is literally in every group nnnnnnnn I like him tho

Happy that Lucas is back too :vegas:

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?
  • Like 1

Martijn

I would've liked to see another vocalist, maybe Jaehyun, since this lineup is kinda dancer-heavy, but I'm VERY excited nonetheless.

Neight Shayde

Taemin being the center for Super M just makes me feel warm for some reason. He's just super nice and talented and humble. He deserves it.

I know i'm gonna love whatever they'll put out since i'm an SM *****, but idk about that US promotions thing. Good luck to that :madge:

6 hours ago, Martijn said:

I would've liked to see another vocalist, maybe Jaehyun, since this lineup is kinda dancer-heavy, but I'm VERY excited nonetheless.

Baekhyun and Taemin doing harmonies sounds nice though, plus with Ten's sweet little vocals too

Edited by BrothaGaga
  • Like 1

Martijn
11 minutes ago, BrothaGaga said:

Taemin being the center for Super M just makes me feel warm for some reason. He's just super nice and talented and humble. He deserves it.

I know i'm gonna love whatever they'll put out since i'm an SM *****, but idk about that US promotions thing. Good luck to that :madge:

Baekhyun and Taemin doing harmonies sounds nice though, plus with Ten's sweet little vocals too

Yeah I think Baekhyun, Ten and Taemin will be the main vocalists, which will totally work. 
I really wonder if, since this is aimed specifically at the American market, they will adjust their sound? BTS and BLACKPINK pretty much stuck to the k-pop sound, but Monsta X's Who Do You Love is very poppy unlike their Korean releases.
As a k-pop fan, I hope they'll stick to their own sounds, but I could totally see SM and Capitol Records pushing them in a more US GP-friendly direction.
Either way, we're guaranteed amazing choreo and high-budget MVs.

Neight Shayde
3 minutes ago, Martijn said:

Yeah I think Baekhyun, Ten and Taemin will be the main vocalists, which will totally work. 
I really wonder if, since this is aimed specifically at the American market, they will adjust their sound? BTS and BLACKPINK pretty much stuck to the k-pop sound, but Monsta X's Who Do You Love is very poppy unlike their Korean releases.
As a k-pop fan, I hope they'll stick to their own sounds, but I could totally see SM and Capitol Records pushing them in a more US GP-friendly direction.
Either way, we're guaranteed amazing choreo and high-budget MVs.

That's what i've been thinking too. This is probably the most "mainstream" move SM has done, ever, i think? They agreed upon CMG's request, which makes me think that the music that will come out of this project will be extremely gp-friendly, which is a good thing of course, but might pale in comparison to sm's usual work maybe idk who knows

I kinda don't consider BTS (starting from the love yourself era) and BP's work as "k-pop sounding", but that's just me. They're heavy on familiar pop structures and melodies these days.

PoshLife
On 8/7/2019 at 2:41 PM, PopReaper said:

@PoshLife Chanmina's album came out :sis:

Oh good I’ll have something to listen to at the airport today :laughga: