💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

An honest congrats to Sam Smith from this forum (recommended)

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

VforVendetta
24 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

I think what you need to realize is that people are not going to fawn over every artist you like. I don't like Sam Smith. Never have and never will. No, I don't think it's his fault that Gaga lost the Oscar. I'm not mad at him. I just don't like him. You can honestly congratulate him on your behalf -- that's fine. Just don't bring us into it and expect us to agree with you 100%.

I don't like Sam Smith, I can't even name you three of his songs. And I don't a agree with the outcome (neither I want people in here to agree with it). I just want people to respect other artists and not become the haters that we all despise and try to avoid becoming. Being a Lady Gaga fan since day 1 I know what hate towards someone's success for no reason means. It's just bad when Lady Gaga fans become the same hate that Lady Gaga has received throughout her whole career. You just misunderstood the point of the thread from the beginng. 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
malazam

I' mad at the Academy voters which vote by popularity.....

and that speech, 100% cringeworthy

but I think he work hard so Congrats Sam.

another shot before we kiss the other side

Whispering
12 minutes ago, VforVendetta said:

I never said that they shouldn't voice their opinion about the song or that they should like the decision of the academy. I don't gree with the decision either. It's ridiculous though to act like 5 years old and not congratulate Sam Smith when he WON the Oscar for his song. There are so many bitter Lady Gaga haters out there that hate every successful step she does that I though people in here woul dknow beter about being mature and repsecting the outcome and th artist.

Why should people congratulate him? No one is required to congratulate any of the winners at any awards show. That makes no sense! 

There are bitter fans of every single artist. 

Why woukd you think the people here would be mature and respectful? That's asking for the impossible on any forum, especially one that involves competition with music, film, stage, awards, sports, etc...

Have you ever been to a sports forum of any kind? Those people make GGD look like preschool level of attacks and bitter comments. 

Quit expecting the impossible and preaching at people for having normal reactions. 

OmgSum1Actually

Sam needs to be gone from the public eye for next 2-3 years, I mean I liked him at first and I still like his music, I won't lie. BUT I've had enough, same thing with Taylor Swift, I just get nauseous when I see their names in media open-uri20120722-15617-rmwit3.jpeg?13865

Shameless selfpromo

VforVendetta
Just now, Whispering said:

Why should people congratulate him? No one is required to congratulate any of the winners at any awards show. That makes no sense! 

There are bitter fans of every single artist. 

Why woukd you think the people here would be mature and respectful? That's asking for the impossible on any forum, especially one that involves competition with music, film, stage, awards, sports, etc...

Have you ever been to a sports forum of any kind? Those people make GGD look like preschool level of attacks and bitter comments. 

Quit expecting the impossible and preaching at people for having normal reactions. 

Is it so impossible to ask from humans to act like humans and not animals? If people in here are mature enought to put judgement against Lady Gaga herself (which they claim they are) they are mature enough to know when to step back and say a well done regardless of the outcome and their preference.

LaLuna

Listen, I know it's not his fault that Gaga lost, and I have nothing against the guy, I don't know him or his music that well. All I know is that his song did not deserve to win, especially not over Gaga. That's it. We'll all get over it, but right now, let people be disappointed if they want to.

Whispering
2 minutes ago, VforVendetta said:

Is it so impossible to ask from humans to act like humans and not animals? If people in here are mature enought to put judgement against Lady Gaga herself (which they claim they are) they are mature enough to know when to step back and say a well done regardless of the outcome and their preference.

Quit expecting the impossible and preaching at people for having normal reactions. You should have stopped at your "honest congratulations". That would have been fine. The fact that you went on to chastise others for not reacting like you is the problem. 

It would be nice if Gaga's fans would try to follow lead by not dragging other artists but instead congratulating them and wising them well.  Gaga knows that all artists are just people like anyone else, trying to find success and happiness, trying to make their way through a very tough and unforgiving industry.  Gaga doesn't put conditions on her kindness and positivity.  Gaga shows the way ... will we follow?

I live outside the space time continuum.

VforVendetta
4 minutes ago, TheCountess said:

Listen, I know it's not his fault that Gaga lost, and I have nothing against the guy, I don't know him or his music that well. All I know is that his song did not deserve to win, especially not over Gaga. That's it. We'll all get over it, but right now, let people be disappointed if they want to.

I agree but being dissapointed is diffent to being hateful against someone that did nothing to you.

Lion Heart

LMAO

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

VforVendetta
3 minutes ago, BlTCH said:

So we now know which account Sam used on GGD :lolga:

:lmao: You got me. :green:

VforVendetta
5 minutes ago, Whispering said:

Quit expecting the impossible and preaching at people for having normal reactions. You should have stopped at your "honest congratulations". That would have been fine. The fact that you went on to chastise others for not reacting like you is the problem. 

But it never was about me, it's about respect. And what exactly is normal? Since when did hate become normal? Since when do we have such tolerance against it?

Archived