Official Bowie Statement on Lorde Tribute

chromaticainmyhead

Featured Posts

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DrewStevens
19 minutes ago, jojuun said:

I'm just going to quote myself here, pay attention to the bold part please.

It's stupid and immature anyway. Gaga looked up to him and she wanted to do something special to show her love for him and his entire career. Lorde took a different approach but that doesn't mean Gaga's was disrespectful. His family, friends and fans should be glad modern artists take their time to make special things to remember him. They don't have to love it but appreciate it.

giskardsb
21 minutes ago, jojuun said:

I'm just going to quote myself here, pay attention to the bold part please.

don't really care about your condescending attitude, thx.  Or that of Bowies son for that matter.

IamChromatica

:dry: none of those people are bowie, and of course they took it safe

Legends don't take it safe!

Hate on gaga all you want!

giskardsb
6 minutes ago, Rising said:

I wish Gaga had not done that tribute. She was great regardless though.

I'm glad she did, and did it as a celebration. The Grammy's were a snore-fest without Kendrick and Gaga.

DrewStevens

I wish the performance never happened, but not because the outcome or the backlash, because it's kinda contradictory to pay tribute to someone who has been accused of having sex with a minor while being part of a whole anti-rape campaign.

1 hour ago, Blue Jeans said:

Oh please.. stop, you know exactly what you said "Bowie will be forgotten in a few years" "if it wasn't for gaga i wouldn't even know who this man is"..

But whatever, i'm not here to argue, i'm just here to inform you that you're wrong and that he definitely won't be forgotten.

Im a huge Bowie fan even before I knew Gaga but Bowie is already forgotten.. nobody can even name a song of his or know who he really is.

4 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

don't really care about your condescending attitude, thx.  Or that of Bowies son for that matter.

I'm not being condescending, I'm not saying I'm any better than you. What I'm saying is that TO US, the performance was a celebration of Bowie's life and work, for OTHERS, it might seem like she's presenting herself as a female Bowie. And people take offence to that, especially his son, as you can imagine. I'm just asking you, and others, to see it from that point of view. Imagine Selena Gomez or I don't know, Demi Lovato, in blonde wigs with meat dresses and McQueen shoes, doing a medley at a show if Gaga were to die today. For people who don't know that Gaga is really like that, it comes across as delusional, hence Bowie's sons tweet. She stepped on that carpet knowing damn well she was presenting herself as a Bowie-like figure. Gaga loves to be seen like that. And some people find that upsetting, not respectful to his legacy, while Gaga herself sees it as a celebration.

Mikey Monster

I thought Both Gaga AND Lorde did AMAZING! They are both great artists who loved David Bowie who is a legend. I know for sure Bowie liked Lorde but I can't say the same for Gaga just because I've never read any reliable sources. It breaks my heart to think that Bowie and his family do not like Gaga even though she loved him, but what can you do? Gaga cannot force anyone to like her and neither can we. I understand that some Gaga fans feel bitter about Bowie's son's tweets, but that IS his opinion. We should respect Bowie and his family who loved each other. The last thing Gaga wants is for her fans to bash Bowie's family, that is very disrespectful. I mean my god have we not learned anything from Gaga's message???? Not meant for hate I love you all! <3:sara: 

Mikey McCampbell

ryhanna
12 minutes ago, faysalaaa1 said:

Im a huge Bowie fan even before I knew Gaga but Bowie is already forgotten.. nobody can even name a song of his or know who he really is.

This is just absolutely not true at all, and I have no idea why you'd think this. 

3 minutes ago, faysalaaa1 said:

LMAO

"I'm a huge Bowie fan."
"He's already forgotten."
"Nobody can even name a song of his."

ALL IN THE SAME SENTENCE.

Some of you must seriously be 12 or just have the intellect of a peanut. NOW I'm being condescending. Putting down Bowie's legacy and fame now he's dead... Would you say the same when Gaga's dead? Cause there will be a generation of teenagers who won't see her as a relevant artist in the future, just know that.

David Bowie is NOT forgotten, the tribute happened 24 hours ago, WTF? 

Some people will never know about Bowie, true. But people who love music, people who will look back at pop culture even hundreds of years from now, WILL know Bowie. And Michael, Madonna, Prince, Boy George and Freddie Mercury. Because they're historic figures who have changed music and made impact. If you can't see that, you just educate yourself. Especially as a Gaga fan, it's everything Gaga thrived upon to become an artist herself FYI.

Sometimes I can't believe this website and some of it's users.

headshaketim.gif~c200

Shipper

Gaga is Bowie's biggest fan and she'll follow him until they love her. Gaga gone paparazzi.

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

22 minutes ago, DrewStevens said:

I wish the performance never happened, but not because the outcome or the backlash, because it's kinda contradictory to pay tribute to someone who has been accused of having sex with a minor while being part of a whole anti-rape campaign.

Excuse you, this girl came out with this story herself and never said she was a victim...

https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/i-lost-my-virginity-to-david-bowie

She was a PROFESSIONAL GROUPIE. Sure it's not right if she really was 15 when she slept with Bowie, but do you check passports before you hook-up? Do you think people on Tinder and Grindr are asking to see each other's ID before they hit the sack? Her dream was to have sex with Bowie and mind you it was the seventies, a sexually promiscuous time where a lot of people really did sleep around all the time. This was a time before HIV. 

She dressed like a mature woman and was by herself at rockshows and nightclubs, it's clear everyone assumed she was 18. Who let's a 15 year old out by themselves night after night in drug infused clubs and rockshows? She also WANTED it, so even if she was underage, she at least gave consent because she wanted to sleep with him herself, desperately.

This was a whole other time with a whole other mindset AND the girl gave her consent, plus it's safe to assume no one knew she was that young. Or do you think David Bowie, a famous rockstar, high on cocaine and God knows what else, asked a groupie "Are you over 18, my darling?". 

"Rapist" :toofunny:

What's next? "Racist"? 

https3a2f2f49-media_-tumblr-com2f79db262

https3a2f2f49-media_-tumblr-com2f0a1eb92

https3a2f2f45-media_-tumblr-com2f17fb00f

https3a2f2f45-media_-tumblr-com2f33a6b6f

https3a2f2f49-media_-tumblr-com2f374a85b

https3a2f2f45-media_-tumblr-com2f4de4843

https3a2f2f49-media_-tumblr-com2fe144483

1 hour ago, LePetitMonstr said:

TBH, at this point, not one cares. Bowie will be forgotten in the next couple of years anyways. There, I said it. 

In fact, if it wasn't for Gaga, I would of not had ANY clue of who this man is. 

Delete this

Archived