💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Does Rihanna have any impact?

Quark

Featured Posts

Ferrer Zorola
3 hours ago, VenusOddity said:

Literally everyone's talking about the two video in one thing. Where y'all at? Where y'all at? Where y'all at?

the what? 

LIFE IS GOOD

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromatislaps
3 hours ago, Enigma said:

I still think Umbrella is her best song. But what was the impact?

it inspired people to buy one when it rains

JpZXzi9.jpg

SISTERV

I think most Rihanna fans are also Gaga fans too. 

The only reason people bash Rihanna recently on GGD is because some monsters didn't want R8 to interfere with LG5. Monsters were begging to have Riri on Sexxx Dreams in 2013.

Same thing with Katy Perry...most people loved Katy on here until 2013 when she became competition.

I love Rihanna. I think she is cool, has a unique place in the industry, and offers relevant bops while also being a little edgier than Katy Perry. 

I don't care whether Rihanna has had impact because that's not why I listen to her. I listen to her because she is cool, relatable, and consistently delivers state of the art music.

I think that's why monsters want Gaga to have iconic moments. They like it when Gaga does something wild and strange because that's something unique she offers. Every artist has a gimmick whether it's a gimmick to them personally or not. Whether you admit it or not people like to talk about Gaga doing something absurd and thought provoking while serving catchy and twisted pop beats. 

Obviously I have higher expectations with Gaga but that doesn't mean I think Rihanna is unimportant because she isn't changing the industry. I like them both for different reasons.

Jenniferella
1 hour ago, Derpplause said:

it inspired people to buy one when it rains

JpZXzi9.jpg

JpZXzi9.jpg 

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

9 hours ago, Son of ARTPOP said:

Well I could only dream if my peers in my country looked up that much to Gaga as they do to Rihanna. Work is heavy on the radio; I logged onto my FB account 1 hour ago to have 10+ friends who shared the Work video praising her and saying stuff like "she's back!"; I even see some gays on the dating app I use with golden growns on their faces or quote ANTI; last year BBHMM was a must-listen several times when you're in the club, and you can hear at least 4-5 RiRi songs, whereas Gaga is non-existent at this point (and we know that ARTPOP can snatch everyone's weave in the club). So this made me realise that her presence in my country has always been nothing short of HUGE. @melefterov @Yanko @Slavi do you agree with me that there is like a BIG Navy here?

So to answer directly - yes Rihanna has quite an impact around the globe no matter what your definition is. I wish Gaga was as respected and appreciated but she still largely remains a polarising artist even though her impact in your definition is much bigger. When I say I love Gaga I get the stares, when I say I love Rihanna everyone's flocking to chat about ha. :laughga:

:applause:

everyone uses her music here as well, and shes always talked about. literally everytime i went outside i heard bitch better have my money in someones car :air: 

Bradley

Yes, she's influenced artists like Justin Bieber, Jessie J and a lot more I think.

Like it or not, she will be remembered.

RAMROD

She created Rita Ora, what other impact do you ask for? :fan:

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

StrawberryBlond
20 hours ago, DevilHeart said:

That's kind or ironic I think, according to someone whose overview on things sounds very self centered. I don't know where you live, but where I do, people mostly love Rihanna. I can honestly say I have never heard of anyone hating on her irl. She's (still) huge and there's no way one could deny that, hate to break it to you. She's men's eye candy and she also has an urban sound that is able to appeal to them. A lot of girls look up to her as well, just look ip up. She has that cool, kind of edgy aura that comes with her name/trademark that has been sticking for some years now. 

It's not based on my personal views. I look at her chart positions, sales, etc. and make a rational conclusion based on that and whenever I bring up how the public view her, I base it on what I've seen and heard. If it's strictly my view, I will state that. I live in the UK, otherwise known as Rihanna's second-biggest market after the US...or should I say, it WAS. I can assure you that after she released Diamonds and Stay, she run right out of steam here. Not only did she not have any hits after that but failed to even promote herself on British bar a performance of What Now. She had a super successful tour here, but it was totally all down to her past hits and it being her first tour in a while (her previous album had sold a million copies here yet she didn't tour with it for some odd reason). 45S only got to #3 despite it being hailed as the lead single and the fact that all Rihanna's lead singles have gone to #1 in the UK since Umbrella apart from the blip of Rated R (which still produced a #2 lead). The follow-up singles failed. Work has managed to peak at #3 on pure name recognition but no one I know is feeling it. Her album has thus far only peaked at #7 which is her worst position since the #9 position of Rated R. This is the first Rihanna album not to go to #1 here since Rated R. And she just had to cancel 2 stadium shows here and offer ticket holders the chance to swap their tickets for the other UK dates (which must mean they're struggling to sell out too). If you look up 1 star reviews on ticketmaster uk, you can see how many disgruntled fans weren't impressed with her latecoming and poor performance during her last tour and have vowed never to pay to see her live again. She also cancelled her BRITS performance last year and hasn't promoted herself on X Factor (which was always her #1 source of UK promo) for the last 3 years. May I add that apart from X Factor, Rihanna basically does no UK promo, so she has been almost invisible here for the last 3 years.

As far as men regarding her as hot...that's just it. They'll buy a poster of her or drool over her music videos but they won't buy her music (men aren't like women in that regard - women are more likely to buy music on the basis of hotness but that's not how men operate). The only Rihanna song I really remember straight guys getting into is We Found Love. But that's about it. Most of her male fans are gay. Girls did look up to her once, when she was younger and cooler, but now that's fading. She's been out of the limelight for so long that she's started to become less cool to the young crowd (especially to the up and coming generation) and the music she's been making for the last 2 albums is something that simply doesn't appeal to her top 40 fans. Especially now, the music on Anti is simply not cool in the eyes of the youth. There's a reason Rihanna barely releases ballads - the public prefer dance hits from her. There's none of that on Anti.

22 hours ago, Son of ARTPOP said:

Well I could only dream if my peers in my country looked up that much to Gaga as they do to Rihanna. Work is heavy on the radio; I logged onto my FB account 1 hour ago to have 10+ friends who shared the Work video praising her and saying stuff like "she's back!"; I even see some gays on the dating app I use with golden growns on their faces or quote ANTI; last year BBHMM was a must-listen several times when you're in the club, and you can hear at least 4-5 RiRi songs, whereas Gaga is non-existent at this point (and we know that ARTPOP can snatch everyone's weave in the club). So this made me realise that her presence in my country has always been nothing short of HUGE. @melefterov @Yanko @Slavi do you agree with me that there is like a BIG Navy here?

So to answer directly - yes Rihanna has quite an impact around the globe no matter what your definition is. I wish Gaga was as respected and appreciated but she still largely remains a polarising artist even though her impact in your definition is much bigger. When I say I love Gaga I get the stares, when I say I love Rihanna everyone's flocking to chat about ha. :laughga:

Are you from France ? :giveup:

Whispering
20 hours ago, Creyk said:

Katy has impact though.

Last Friday Night used saxophones and went #1. Then, weirdly, The Edge Of Glory had saxophones in it as well. Coincidence? I think not :derpga:

LFN wasn't even a single at the time the album BTW came out, or when Edge of Glory was recorded. 

The Edge of Glory took its inspiration from 80s stadium rock, you know, Bruce Springsteen....hence the saxophone. 

Gaga in no way was taking her influence from some basic bubble gum pop song for The Edge of Glory. 

eifulien
32 minutes ago, Glory said:

Are you from France ? :giveup:

No, from Bulgaria. :laughga: Is it similar? :emma:

HEARTHUNTER

Rihanna's sole impact is her look and how girls want to be ratchet like her 

I used to love her before but now I couldn't care less

JpZXzi9.jpg

Monster2015

Lady Gaga + Beyoncé: Cultural Impact

Rihanna + Katy Perry: Chart Impact

IMO cultural impact makes you more known than the charts. Bowie had his first #1 album  (in the US) AFTER he died. Example of not being popular on the charts but being popular in a cultural sense.

Archived