💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Ray of Light's 18th anniversary

Ray of Light

Featured Posts

Ray of Light

Ray_of_Light_Madonna.png

Ray of Light is the seventh studio album by American singer Madonna, released on February 22, 1998 by Maverick Records.

After giving birth to her first child, Lourdes, Madonna started working on the album with producers Babyface and Patrick Leonard. Following failed sessions with them, Madonna pursued a new musical direction with English producer William Orbit.

The recording took place over four months and experienced problems with Orbit's hardware Pro Tools arrangement, which would break down, and recording would have to be delayed until they could be repaired.

A major departure from her previous work, Ray of Light is an electronica record which incorporates several genres, including techno, trip hop, drum and bass, ambient, rock, and classical music. Vocally, the album saw Madonna sing with greater breadth and a fuller tone. Mystical themes are also strongly present in both lyrics and music as a result of Madonna embracing Kabbalah, her study of Hinduism and Buddhism, as well as her daily practice of Hatha Yoga.

The album received universal acclaim with reviews commending the singer's new musical direction. Called her "most adventurous" record, Ray of Light has been noted for its mature, restrained nature; reviewers also praised Madonna's vocals. Ray of Light won four Grammy Awards from a total of six nominations. Ray of Light has sold more than 16 million copies worldwide.

Critics and scholars have noted the album's influence on popular music, especially how it widely introduced electronica music into mainstream pop culture. They have also noted the way in which Madonna was able to re-invent herself and remain contemporary amidst the teen pop music of the period. Ray of Light has been frequently ranked among the greatest albums of all time.

tumblr_m9p355bGAl1r7e9vpo1_500.gif

tumblr_mu7yoyE5Hi1rijmvyo9_500.gif

tumblr_lq0t8vZ6y61qfgkudo6_250.gif

tumblr_inline_nt7242RMMo1rrg4rz_500.gif

tumblr_mov0zjRUrI1sx5hgro1_250.gif

Not only is Ray of Light Madonna's favorite album of her own; but it's also been a spiritual and psychological anchor for me & many other individuals. Such album, now 18, has been a reference for many other pop stars and artists out there. Celebrate another anniversary of this game changing and risk taking album. 

Track listing: 

1."Drowned World/Substitute for Love"  

2. "Swim"  

3."Ray of Light"  

4."Candy Perfume Girl"  

5."Skin"  

6."Nothing Really Matters"  

7."Sky Fits Heaven"  

8."Shanti/Ashtangi"  

9."Frozen"  

10."The Power of Good-Bye"  

11."To Have and Not to Hold"  

13."Mer Girl"  

Japanese Bonus Track:

14."Has to Be"  

DiscoHeaven23

I remember her going on the Rosie O'Donnell show to promote this when i was 6. 

I loved that show

Rocketno10

Frozen is one of Madonna's best song of all the timeeeee!

A truly amazing album! Groundbreaking, and she can't be experimental and artistic they said:gaycat:

Prismatic
Just now, PunkTheFunk said:

sb115K.gif

This and the "lip sync to we belong together" slays me so much. 

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

Bad Bromance

Ray Of Light is hands down Medonner's best album of her entire discography.

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

SychosSoChic

mess :emma:

thought it was your birthday sweety :emma: 

btw did minaj ever launch the next season of BB? :deadbanana: 

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

Archived