Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Which Gaga is vocally better?

Xardas

Featured Posts

Angel Down
1 minute ago, Noahhh said:

They irritate the Vocal Chords a lot, and if she smoked 10 joints a day during the Hip Era, like she stated then it would be normal for her voice to become even more darker. But I agree, that it can be 'repaired' with a lot of Vocal Rest and training. (I mean look at 2008 Mariah Carey)

If her voice is going to stop sounding dark...
keep it :ohno:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, unMANiCURED said:

When she quit smoking and drinking for her Oscar performance she was at her best in the past few years. I just don't see why she had to continue after. You think after proving to herself that she can do amazing things without the drugs and alcohol she'd stop for good. Drinking is fine, just the smoking is so damaging and it makes me feel so bad that she doesn't quit. It's her body and she can do what she wants but you can't say I can't worry about her health.

It's her body but we are her fans so we can complain that she's destroying her angelic voice with drugs/smoking. She is singing for us and we want her to be her best, because she can do amaizng things with her voice

IG: @bartoszprazuch

1 minute ago, Xardas said:

I disagree. Her C#5s, D5s, even E5s are great. Just check TIHTY climaxes or 1:25 , 1:35 , 6:04 , 6:10 , 6:16 , 10:16 , 10:30 form giga paposhvili's great video which I've shared.

I think, the E5s sound really strained. I mean compare them to Mariah's E5s. You hear a clear difference.

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

15 minutes ago, Noahhh said:

We all know that during 'The Fame Monster', Gaga smoked a lot. During ARTPOP she used drugs such as Cannabis. Drugs dry out the lungs and irritate the Vocal Chords. The F#5 she hits in DWUW sounds super strained and she never hit that one sustained, while when we look at the other Video, she even did a G#5 run without any strained sound. Right now I think Gagas best Belts are until C5, everything above starts sounding strained or pitchy. If she wants to recover hit great G#5 belts again, she would need to more practice and be on Vocal Rest a lot. 

Problem is that in 2006 her singing sounded replaceable at some performances ( btw: Hollywood was sung very good ) But i must say i also don't like Mariah Careys voice, to colorless ( but i love Whitneys voice )  

Vocal range is not the most important thing, but Gagas range expaned so much. I think her vocals and voice are better than ever, she can do it all now, dark and bright and so much in between.

I love her vocals here, it's pure emotion and she sings so powerful. Hope she writes someday a song like this:

Just now, Noahhh said:

I think, the E5s sound really strained. I mean compare them to Mariah's E5s. You hear a clear difference.

Yeah but it's studio collection and Mariah is also incapable of singing it like that anymore. Her notes are amazing on the video but live Mariah strains also, simply because it's live. Christina's studio upper belts are also good, but when it comes to singing it live, she strains hard eveything above C5, really. Gaga's belts comparing to Christina's are heaven

Katie14
12 minutes ago, Noahhh said:

We all know that during 'The Fame Monster', Gaga smoked a lot. During ARTPOP she used drugs such as Cannabis. Drugs dry out the lungs and irritate the Vocal Chords. The F#5 she hits in DWUW sounds super strained and she never hit that one sustained, while when we look at the other Video, she even did a G#5 run without any strained sound. Right now I think Gagas best Belts are until C5, everything above starts sounding strained or pitchy. If she wants to recover hit great G#5 belts again, she would need to practice more and be on Vocal Rest a lot. 

How do you know she was smoking a lot during The Fame Monster era? I don't remember he actually revealing that.

1 minute ago, INTERNET said:

Problem is that in 2006 her voice sounded replaceable. But i must say i'm also don't like Mariah Careys voice, to colorless ( but i love Whitneys voice )  

Vocal range is not the most important thing, but Gagas range expaned so much. I think her vocals and voice are better then ever, she can do it now all, dark and bright and so much in between.

I love her vocals here, it's pure emotion and she sings so powerful. Hope she writes someday a song like this:

Yeah, her E5/F5s aren't strained at all. Sounds heavenly

1 minute ago, Xardas said:

Yeah but it's studio collection and Mariah is also incapable of singing it like that anymore. Her notes are amazing on the video but live Mariah strains also, simply because it's live. Christina's studio upper belts are also good, but when it comes to singing it live, she strains hard eveything above C5, really. Gaga's belts comparing to Christina's are heaven

Well, because she's 45 now. 

When she was around 30, she could hit F#5s effortless live.

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

I think she has grown vocally during last year, if you consider the sound of music tribute, or the c2c tour, or the SuperBowl performance. But I honestly prefer the way she used to sang in the early eras, I love her clear voice, now she uses to emphasize the notes. But actually she has always sung in a wonderful way!

2 minutes ago, Katie14 said:

How do you know she was smoking a lot during The Fame Monster era? I don't remember he actually revealing that.

Almost every twitter pic she posted was her smoking, the terry album was also full of smoking.

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

Emigrante

For me her vocals are definitely better right now. During the Stefani Germanotta era she wasn't that well practiced and was a beginner. The difference is that her voice got much darker/mature since 2007/8, not so girly as it used to be when Red and Blue came out. But that's because of smoking/drugs I believe. 

I loved her Paparazzi voice which was clearly recorded before 2008 but I also like her deeper voice, but to be honest not too deep, like Dope vocals, they are a little bit much for me. :ph34r:

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Just now, Noahhh said:

Well, because she's 45 now. 

When she was around 30, she could hit F#5s effortless live.

They're great but still not perfect. I really like Mariah's range but we shouldn't compare her to Gaga because Gaga is singing in lower tessitura and haven't such wide range. But I prefer Gaga's tone and her middle belts. Baku's upper belts were great. Resonant and clear.

I loved her whiskey live timbre during summer of The Fame. But it came back with Firefly and I Can't Give You Anything But Love :wub:

RepentingSinner

I think she is better now. Her voice sounds fuller. She might have lost some of her highs, but she has some great low notes.

Archived