Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you think that Bobby / Gaga keep an eye on europe ?

User

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

Remember that during C2C, she performed with Tony on Strictly Come Dancing in the UK (the most watched show in the country). It went down great and the album, which had been flopping beforehand, suddenly shot up to #12, selling almost as much in its fifth week as it did in its debut week. A performance really can make all the world of difference. That shows she can come back to form in the UK and if she can do it here, she can do it anyway.

Make no mistake, Europe does know about the Oscars performance and the NFL because as long as you're online, you are all over the world. Things are not local nowadays, you can find out about artists who never even come to your continent. The artRave showed that Gaga does indeed still have fans in Europe, especially the UK. She did 10 arena dates totalling over 118k spectators and about $12 million sales which was more attendance and gross than the BTWB did with 2 stadiums and an arena (as you can see, arenas really are the way to go). I think 30 European dates was very respectable for an album that wasn't a big hit. All she needs to focus on is returning to regions that she hasn't been to in a long time (Poland, Croatia, Hungary) and regions that she weirdly ignored at artRave (Finland, more cities in France).

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, mister max said:

sound of music was on the oscars tho  wich is wayy biggger then the grammys in europe

And it was cut almost everywhere :green:

Alfonso
9 hours ago, Slavi said:

Her image is pretty good here, she will be fine.

She is definitely the most global popstar right now, I hope Bobby and Gaga realise that and will do some more promotion in Europe and Asia.

This. What she need is massive promo in Australia, Asia and Europe (Maybe Mexico too since its a big market) :D

Schwerk

First of all the UK is not Europe. The attention her tv performances and C2C got over there does not reach the European mainland. 

The C2C tour did well, but they played festivals so it's not hard to draw the right crowd + some monsters. 

Artrave barely sold out one night at a 17.000 venue here in Amsterdam.

Her performance on AHS was not discussed at all here in Holland.

Apart from the Oscars Gaga has been off the radar pretty much since Applause, which didn't do much at all because Roar got in the way. 

I think the last best thing people remember about her is Born this way (the song, not the album) and the Oscars. 

TIHTY is completely unknown apart from the fan base. 

People always ask me what she's up to, if she's even in music anymore. Sad but true. 

UK tv shows don't count for European promo. Mayor funny gigs like Carpool karaoke or Fallon would help, but Europe needs to hear her sing her own songs asap. 

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

Bradley

I agree with most of the points. Gaga and Bobby did wonders in 2015 (and the first two months of 2016) but they are mostly America-focused. She and her team cannot expect these to give her great numbers and commercial performance from the rest of the world. Sufficient promotion has to be done in Europe, Australia and Asia. Cheek to Cheek, American Horror Story and her other reinventions are barely mentioned among people in comparison with very mainstream artists like Taylor Swift and Katy Perry.

Archived