event

Oscars 2016

KyliesChild

Featured Posts

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blueskye

Just watched her performance. I got emotional just at the VP speaking, nearly crying my eyes out by the end. I wish she would have sang the second verse though, I love that part. 

NewUsername

Emotional performance!

I was so disappointed that Gaga and Diane didn't win the Oscar :( They definitely deserved it, and I was so surprised, given that all the experts said they were going to win. You could tell Diane was very disappointed when they showed her just after :(

monketsharona

The irony is huge when you see all people shading the fact Gaga didn't win while a lot people here didn't support the song before it was nominated x) 

Illuminati
1 hour ago, monketsharona said:

The irony is huge when you see all people shading the fact Gaga didn't win while a lot people here didn't support the song before it was nominated x) 

I think it was mostly because they didn't want her to do Dope vocals while performing it and because Diane was shoving it down everyones throats, it's a great song though and I'm happy Gaga chose a different way to perform it during Oscars

Gaga E! interview and she freaked out when she sow Sacha Baron Cohen she did not even say hi.. I think she thought she was gonna be punked or something

Awkward kiss with Taylor

Teal Ambition

Early Oscar ratings are the lowest in years

Early ratings suggest the Oscars have fallen yet again.

Nielsen’s preliminary number have the 88th annual Academy Awards at a 23.1 household rating among major markets and a 37 share, dipping slightly from last year.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/29/oscar-ratings?12

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Katie14

It was kind of awkward how the camera kept showing Gaga during Sam's speech. They were just trying to stir up some drama. 

Im sure Gaga is very happy Sam won an Oscar, even at her expense. There is a good chance Sam maybe wouldnt have pursued music if it wasnt for Gaga. Im sure she felt a parent like sense of pride when he won.

Katie14
10 hours ago, Logan said:

Gaga has devoted so much of her time collaborating with Diane to give this song and film the attention and awareness it deserves. She's really stripped herself of unnecessary media attention and dodged questions on her future album to give back to other people, it's honestly heartbreaking that she didn't win.

She scrapped her own performance to honor one of her biggest inspirations and got trashed by media and her own fans, and now she's lost an award to a very forgettable song that has no power or emotion compared to the likes of a song like Skyfall did. I know it sounds silly to be upset over something like this, but life can really ****ing suck sometimes. The people who care about humanity and a true visionaries for our future are often forgotten.

All the Oscars did tonight was make fun of everything minorities have been fighting for for a long time. We need people that aren't afraid to talk about these things like Gaga does to be appreciated. Racism, rape, sexuality, gender indentity, suicide... Let's talk about those things. Let's honor the people who fight for others. The only solace is that Gaga gave those victims on that stage a voice. A lot of us who are lonely or lost in life feel like we don't have a voice, and I'm sure it was a liberating experience for them. They are all in my thoughts. 

I completely agree with you that people who raise awareness or work to solve social issues deserve more recognition. But, the oscar for best song isnt about rewarding the people who wrote the song that had the best message or the most positive impact. Im sure there are other awards for that. The Oscar for best song is about choosing what they consider to be the best quality song.

MelbHawker

People need to stop putting a damper on the month she's just had; it's literally been perfect. Who cares if she didn't win the Oscar? It's not about winning you shallow, shallow fools. The message of the song is now out there thanks to that absolutely stunning performance. It was so powerful, her statement was probably one of the biggest she'll make throughout her entire career. She won in a completely different light. People will remember the song and the performance irrespective of the result of the 'Best Song' category. 

The people who are angry and bitter need to calm themselves. It's so cringeworthy seeing negativity when literally nothing negative has happened. Sure, had she won the night would've been better for her! Regardless, she's had a fabulous 12 months. She's back! 

LePetitGAGABLover
1 minute ago, MelbHawker said:

People need to stop putting a damper on the month she's just had; it's literally been perfect. Who cares if she didn't win the Oscar? It's not about winning you shallow, shallow fools. The message of the song is now out there thanks to that absolutely stunning performance. It was so powerful, her statement was probably one of the biggest she'll make throughout her entire career. She won in a completely different light. People will remember the song and the performance irrespective of the result of the 'Best Song' category. 

The people who are angry and bitter need to calm themselves. It's so cringeworthy seeing negativity when literally nothing negative has happened. Sure, had she won the night would've been better for her! Regardless, she's had a fabulous 12 months. She's back! 

I disagree. I feel like the Oscars used our fanbase then slapped us in the face when Gaga lost. They were hyping her name ALL ****ing night. She performs literally minutes before her category is announced. And to top it all off, she looses. Its like the 2015 Oscars all over again. They kept on hyping her throughout the night and she was the last one to perform. Like whats the point of announcing her performance 2 hours before?

LaLuna

I feel horrible for saying this, but I just watched Gaga's performance on Youtube (I was too tired to stay up last night), and I wasn't really moved. I mean sure, it's a really emotional song, and Gaga performed it beautifully, but I honestly think I was more moved by last year's performance. I loved the message in TIHTY but I still don't like the song, sorry.

I loved the idea of bringing rape survivors on stage though.

eifulien
On 28.02.2016 г. at 6:09 PM, Stigma said:

АКо не ще гледаме понеделник сутрин :D Проблемът ми е, че аз съм на работа и не знам какво ще правя. Сигурно ще се събудя някъде 2 часа след началото на шоуто, за да гледам и после пак ще спя.

Ми, не че нещо ама аз бях в сладки сънища по това време. :laughga: Сега си го свалям да го видя с хубаво качество. :D

• Haroon unfeatured this topic
  • PartySick locked this topic

Archived