Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Under 18's banned from the BTWBall in South Korea

Kade

Featured Posts

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Godspoken

This is no different than a movie rating. Less people would get to see her, yes, but I think its fair to a younger population who probably shouldn't be exposed to foul language and s-x. Naturally, would you feel comfortable taking a 10 year old to The Monster Ball knowing the content?

I saw seven year-old's at the Monster Ball I went to.

Anyway, it should be the decision of a child's parents, not the governmemt.

True tea.

The a--logy to a movie rating is still accurate. Do you have a problem with those too?

A bit off-topic but if you think South Korea is strict, North Korea will make you want to commit suicide with their laws. Though foreigners can't really travel to North Korea.

Anyways, this is bad. I fell bad for those youngsters. :sad:

This is no different than a movie rating. Less people would get to see her, yes, but I think its fair to a younger population who probably shouldn't be exposed to foul language and s-x. Naturally, would you feel comfortable taking a 10 year old to The Monster Ball knowing the content?
But half of the younger fans know that she's cursed in her shows and is half naked on the stage. Hearing a curse word isn't gonna kill the younger population imo.

Godspoken

The a--logy to a movie rating is still accurate. Do you have a problem with those too?

I do, honestly. Of course, coming from a 15 year-old, my words must not mean much, but movie ratings, game ratings, and the like should all be made for informative purposes. There's a reason books do not commonly receive ratings; people are afraid of new media and what it will do to their children. But that's no reason to take away parental responsibilities and decisions. The government should not tell parents what is appropriate for their children.

Of course, I speak from US perspective. South Korea, I'm sure, is very different from where I live, and maybe it is the responsibility of the government to regulate such things there.

But half of the younger fans know that she's cursed in her shows and is half naked on the stage. Hearing a curse word isn't gonna kill the younger population imo.

Morals are different in South Korea. They aren't completely adjusted to seeing that, actually.

Even so, with this logic, we can assume that because some little kids have seen ****, we should completely be okay because **** wont kill the younger population. Ratings and regulations are there for a reason.

I saw seven year-old's at the Monster Ball I went to. Anyway, it should be the decision of a child's parents, not the governmemt.

The government didn't force the ban, the tour promoter did.

Of course, I speak from US perspective. South Korea, I'm sure, is very different from where I live, and maybe it is the responsibility of the government to regulate such things there.

It is. They have a lot more censorship laws then us.

What I posted on the last page might help a little:

This is how Korea works, lots of pop music and pop music videos get banned for a lot less then the stuff that Gaga puts into hers. (Bubble Pop, for example, had its video deemed too s-xually explicit. GD&TOP's KNOCK OUT was banned for using slang, ect Oh, and Bang Yongguk's I Remember was banned for violence too, they ban for everything not just s-x). Their censorship laws work differently then the west's. Does it suck? Yeah, but not much can be done about it.

The government didn't force the ban, the tour promoter did.

Likely due to the laws, its indirectly the Government that's causing the ban.

RAMROD

more about the ban:

A KMRB official, who wanted to remain anonymous, said the decision was largely due to Lady Gaga's song titled Just Dance, which received a rating of R from the Ministry of Gender Equality and Family in November of last year. The Gender Ministry rated the piece as 'inappropriate for teenagers' for its lyrics about clubbing and drinking. The show initially had a PG (age 12 and up) rating.

“We believe the song 'Just Dance' will be performed during the upcoming concert,†said the official. “It will be against the law to allow teenagers to watch a performance of the song, which has been rated R.â€

The upcoming concert is the opener of Lady Gaga's world tour. The artist is scheduled to perform in Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, New Zealand after the Seoul show. According to Hyundai Card, Korea is the only country that has prohibited teens from attending the concert.

“It's a disappointment,†Hyundai Card said about the KMRB decision. “I don't think Korea is any less open about foreign arts and culture than other Asian countries. So this decision is rather a surprise. And we are sorry to announce the news to the teens who have already purchased their tickets.â€

Hyundai Card said the company was not planning to apply for a new rating, and all tickets would be fully refunded to those who cannot attend the concert upon the KMFB decision.

Full news >> HERE <<

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

more about the ban:

A KMRB official, who wanted to remain anonymous, said the decision was largely due to Lady Gaga's song titled Just Dance, which received a rating of R from the Ministry of Gender Equality and Family in November of last year. The Gender Ministry rated the piece as 'inappropriate for teenagers' for its lyrics about clubbing and drinking. The show initially had a PG (age 12 and up) rating.

“We believe the song 'Just Dance' will be performed during the upcoming concert,†said the official. “It will be against the law to allow teenagers to watch a performance of the song, which has been rated R.â€

The upcoming concert is the opener of Lady Gaga's world tour. The artist is scheduled to perform in Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, New Zealand after the Seoul show. According to Hyundai Card, Korea is the only country that has prohibited teens from attending the concert.

“It's a disappointment,†Hyundai Card said about the KMRB decision. “I don't think Korea is any less open about foreign arts and culture than other Asian countries. So this decision is rather a surprise. And we are sorry to announce the news to the teens who have already purchased their tickets.â€

Hyundai Card said the company was not planning to apply for a new rating, and all tickets would be fully refunded to those who cannot attend the concert upon the KMFB decision.

Full news >> HERE <<

Figured that's what it was. Surprised that Just Dance is the only song of hers that received a ban though.

Darkstains

Out of all the songs, why Just Dance? I think that's one of the most innocent harmless songs she has tbh

Daniel MnstrSwft

more about the ban: A KMRB official, who wanted to remain anonymous, said the decision was largely due to Lady Gaga's song titled Just Dance, which received a rating of R from the Ministry of Gender Equality and Family in November of last year. The Gender Ministry rated the piece as 'inappropriate for teenagers' for its lyrics about clubbing and drinking. The show initially had a PG (age 12 and up) rating. “We believe the song 'Just Dance' will be performed during the upcoming concert,†said the official. “It will be against the law to allow teenagers to watch a performance of the song, which has been rated R.†The upcoming concert is the opener of Lady Gaga's world tour. The artist is scheduled to perform in Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, New Zealand after the Seoul show. According to Hyundai Card, Korea is the only country that has prohibited teens from attending the concert. “It's a disappointment,†Hyundai Card said about the KMRB decision. “I don't think Korea is any less open about foreign arts and culture than other Asian countries. So this decision is rather a surprise. And we are sorry to announce the news to the teens who have already purchased their tickets.†Hyundai Card said the company was not planning to apply for a new rating, and all tickets would be fully refunded to those who cannot attend the concert upon the KMFB decision. Full news &gt;&gt;

HERE &lt;&lt;

Just Dance :toofloppy:

hmmm, any chance this can happen throughout the whole tour - so everyone else can enjoy the show?

no need to get all your panties in a twist - it's just that I'm not looking forward to being surrounded by a bunch of 13 year olds [whose parents paid for their tickets] screaming 'I love you mommy' for the entire show. infact, I'm dreading it tbqh.

maybe gaga could do separate shows for teenagers and one for the adults where she can swear all she wants and go crazy. the very idea that she may ever have to hold back or clean her show up - so as to accomodate the young ones - is just too ridiculous for words. I think if you're 15 or younger, you should stay home. seriously. if you can't afford to buy your own ticket - no way.

Archived