Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Lady Gaga is seated front row at this year's Grammy's

andy232000

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, jojuun said:

giphy.gif

"Madonna doesn't have the respect in the industry"? Are you kidding me? Check her awards and accolades, Madonna is definitely respected in the industry. She's the best selling female artist of all time and the 4th best selling act of all time, only The Beatles, Elvis and Michael Jackson have sold more. I think that qualifies for "respect". She's also won seven Grammy awards and two Oscars...

You say she has the respect, but what do her sales have to do with that? 7 Grammys isn't that much for the act that has been mainstream for 25 years straight (she has received only 4 Grammys for her MUSIC, really not that much). And she has no Oscar, not even a nomination

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The empress can't be bothered to walk a long distance when they announce her as the winner in the categories she is nominated in :gaycat: (if any :rip:)

it wasn't laaaahv

JB behind her? After she got drunk with him.

That is a collaboration. 

tumblr_inline_niz43wtIW31t7oi6g.gif

I can't wait for the remix of the mix featuring Nicki Minaj.

tumblr_inline_niz43wtIW31t7oi6g.gif

it wasn't laaaahv

VOLANTIS
15 hours ago, FATCAT said:

He probably didn't even realize that was Gaga, just a fan that attempted to dress up like him in 2012 :derpga:

He prolly thought Betty White came to Fangirl over him. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Just now, Chump said:

You say she has the respect, but what do her sales have to do with that? 7 Grammys isn't that much for the act that has been mainstream for 25 years straight (she has received only 4 Grammys for her MUSIC, really not that much). And she has no Oscar, not even a nomination

You only have to look at the vast number of artists (Gaga included) who cite Madonna as an inspiration as an indicator of the respect she has (or had to be more accurate, the crap she's content with now is losing that), or the critical reception to albums such as Ray of Light and Music, although I agree that sales aren't particular relevant in that regard :emma: 

3 minutes ago, hmm said:

You only have to look at the vast number of artists (Gaga included) who cite Madonna as an inspiration as an indicator of the respect she has, or the critical reception to albums such as Ray of Light and Music.

But we're talking about why she is seated in the second row NOW. Her last 3 albums got average reviews, her last Grammy for the music was 10 years ago, and her 2 last albums didn't get a single nomination

I think she lost the respect for acting like she's the queen of music and asuming she can achive anything by falling off the stage or kissing Drake or collaborating with new mainstream artists for trashy music videos AND songs or flashing her tits etc. But she didn't get any acclaim for these efforts cause she probably didn't care about the quality of music itself. And that's how you lose the respect

Also accusing Gaga for plagiarism didn't do anything good for her. She's not the f*cking queen of music for making such accusations. People in the industry obviously knew it was a promotion strategy for her, and that's also not something you can maintain the respect with

PatrickMonster

Are we sure this is real? I mean they wrote 'Justin Beiber' instead of Justin Bieber... what a mess

4 hours ago, Chump said:

@CustomGueseppi

Madonna performed "Sooner Or Later" from **** Tracy at the 1991 Oscars and "You Must Love Me" at the 1997 Oscars. Both songs won. Technically they don't count as her Oscars since she didn't write them. Don't even TRY to come for the fact she didn't write them, because we all know by now Gaga didn't exactly create TIHTY from start to finish either. Madonna said in her 2008 DC interview that Andrew Lloyd Webber (from You Must Love Me) gave her the Oscar a little while later because it's her voice and her performance that gave the song the life it needed. So no they aren't hers but they actually are, because when you think of Evita, you think of Madonna and the younger generation doesn't even known Warren Beaty (her co-star in **** Tracy) so from both these movies, Madonna's the only thing that the public remembers. She owns those awards. Or at least she actually has one of them.

Gaga has been awarded a lot yeah, especially recently. That's cause she is a smart rich girl, I love her to death but she is. She knows the importance of lobbying in the industry, she goes to every single event necessary to get her these noms and is a well-known people pleaser behind the scenes. Madonna has never done that. Bobby also saw that getting her critical acclaim was the way to re-build her image. Madonna would rather die than perform at all these benefits she doesn't care about, but Gaga's there, meeting those dealmakers and board members. 

Overall, Madonna is a very awarded artist and enjoys the title of Queen of Pop and Best Selling Female Artist, Highest Grossing Solo Artist and 4th best selling artist of all time behind The Beatles, Elvis and Michael Jackson. I think she'll survive, 7 Grammy and 2 Oscars or not. 

Oh and Queen (where Gaga took "Gaga" from) never won a Grammy. Ever. Neither did Bob Marley. A lot of culturally historic, loved and respected artist never get the recognition they deserve. The Grammy's are supposed to be accolades of artistic excellence but they f*ck up a lot. 

Madonna is respected 
/end of

3 hours ago, Chump said:

But we're talking about why she is seated in the second row NOW. Her last 3 albums got average reviews, her last Grammy for the music was 10 years ago, and her 2 last albums didn't get a single nomination

I think she lost the respect for acting like she's the queen of music and asuming she can achive anything by falling off the stage or kissing Drake or collaborating with new mainstream artists for trashy music videos AND songs or flashing her tits etc. But she didn't get any acclaim for these efforts cause she probably didn't care about the quality of music itself. And that's how you lose the respect

Also accusing Gaga for plagiarism didn't do anything good for her. She's not the f*cking queen of music for making such accusations. People in the industry obviously knew it was a promotion strategy for her, and that's also not something you can maintain the respect with

gaga says thank you to madonna in the fame booklet

all of your posts are incorrect. 

Archived