đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Katy is actually a great performer

Creyk

Featured Posts

Bradley

You can tell that Katy rehearses very hard for her choreography, stage stunts, etc. and she's good in those but she lacks vocal abilities that are vital for a singer. I actually like her but honestly her vocals were subpar in this one.

She did sound good at the 2013 iTunes festival but you can't just sound good once to be qualified as a good singer. You have to sound good all the time, and she has yet to achieve that. Quite frankly a lot of artists are not on that level, not just Katy, including Kesha, Rihanna, Imagine Dragons, Nicki Minaj, Britney Spears, etc.

We just really have to appreciate the fact that Gaga, Beyonce and Ariana are few of the singers who can really sing.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JusKeepBreathin

emily-gilmore-girls-6515.gif

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Economy
3 hours ago, Levine said:

Actually it's not. Talent is not an opinion. Performance skills are not opinions. These are FACTS!

The FACT is that Katy Perry is NOT A GREAT performer.

Then one can argue if she is THAT bad or decent, but "GREAT PERFORMER" not, she is not.

Thats not exactly true bud

some things like how well someone hits notes for example is measureable...

But things like creativity, charisma on stage etc are purely opinionative

Not all aspects of talant are as black and white as talanted or not talanted

If it was easy to measure talent and opinion wasnt a factor, you wouldnt have different votes at grammys or Oscars by different judges

Economy
3 hours ago, Desperado said:

I dont like this girl since forever so idk why you try to talk for the people that doesnt like her only because you think they are bitter lol 

Look that may not be the reason for EVERYONE that dislikes her

But there is clearly a disproportionate level of hate towards artists from this forum once they get really popular when they seem to be a threat to Gagas dominance

Britney Spears got so much hate during her last peak and after she died down again suddenly the love came back

Adele got so many bad comments from here like "shes overrated", "shes lazy just sits in a chair"... Now shes not as massive as in 21 era now ppl appreciate her so mich and i rarely hear hate

Justin Bieber and Rihanna also got all the hate during their peaks

Anyone dare to say it was all jist coincidence?... Please :saladga: 

PartySick
21 hours ago, Shipper said:

Entertainer? Yes.

Singer? No.

I like the props and the theatrics of her performances and how catchy her songs are but that's about it. Just my opinion though.

Same. She's really fun to watch perform and occasionally I do bop to a song or two :green: but she's not really someone to be crazy obsessed over. Again, opinions :gaycat:

đź–¤

PartySick
5 minutes ago, Economy said:

Look that may not be the reason for EVERYONE that dislikes her

But there is clearly a disproportionate level of hate towards artists from this forum once they get really popular when they seem to be a threat to Gagas dominance

Britney Spears got so much hate during her last peak and after she died down again suddenly the love came back

Adele got so many bad comments from here like "shes overrated", "shes lazy just sits in a chair"... Now shes not as massive as in 21 era now ppl appreciate her so mich and i rarely hear hate

Justin Bieber and Rihanna also got all the hate during their peaks

Anyone dare to say it was all jist coincidence?... Please :saladga: 

Salty stans are a think in every fanbase :gaycat:

I could care less about all that, really. I like who I like, dislike who I dislike, and am totally apathetic towards everyone else. Katy falls under the apathy label :green:

Gaga, Lord Michael, and Queen Britney are the only three I actively obsess over :giveup: all three for different reasons too :happy:

Edit: Really? :saladga: God Ga autocorrects to Gaga? :saladga:

đź–¤

venusfly
21 hours ago, YUNGLUKA said:

y'all are too pressed 

tumblr_o2b9hz5zlS1r5iuj3o1_250.gif

gaga aint the only pop star in the universe let everyone live 

tumblr_o2b9hz5zlS1r5iuj3o1_250.gif

Did you actually read any of the responses before trying to be shady :/ nobody is acting pressed

Mister Gaga
22 hours ago, Shipper said:

Entertainer? Yes.

Singer? No.

I like the props and the theatrics of her performances and how catchy her songs are but that's about it. Just my opinion though.

all of this :applause:

Her voice here (and usually, everywhere) is awful. She's not a singer. She's an entertainer. 

My Little Phoney
5 hours ago, Kayla said:

I think Katy puts on a good stage show, but I feel she herself lacks a captivating stage presence that could possibly make up for her lacking vocals. 

I don't think a performer has to be great at everything to deserve recognition, I just think Katy doesn't come off as a well-rounded performer enough for me to really give credit for the shows she puts on. Much of her quality on stage comes from the visuals, not necessarily what she brings. 

The biggest issue with Katy's performances, I think, is that she doesn't do songs that suit her voice. She has a good voice and can sing well, just not on the songs she puts out, unfortunately. 

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Chris Evans

I can't tell if you're serious or not because that specific performance is the one I think about when people say she can't sing :rip:

Arizonadream777
On February 11, 2016 at 2:23 PM, Creyk said:

And here is the proof:

She does choreo, and she sings live without counting heavily on playback to do it instead of her. Like I get it many of you are still pressed about 2013 but you can't say she doesn't put on a great show because that is simply not true.

Actually it is and I'm not pressed otherwise I would be pressed by Taylor swift and Adele who both outsold gaga and may I add kety.

Archived