Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

2016 Grammy Awards

SMILE2NE1

Featured Posts

5 hours ago, ChicaSkas said:

completely off topic and please forgive me, but did you used to be Fayyssala on GGD 1.0?

Yes thats me but it was actually faysalaaa.. and ofcourse I do remember you :)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ARTPOPNick
1 hour ago, RockySayTalk said:

Why did no one mentioned our fav TB won his 18th grammy last night??

what a cutie 

OMG The beginning, the running, he did the same at my C2C tour show he really is such cutie

Make a thread about this, he deserves it :p 

Katie14
5 hours ago, SKANK said:

You mean the Brandon Maxwell gown?

Nothing screams innovation like a pretty blonde actress wearing a conservative black gown to the Emmy's, except maybe a pretty blonde actress wearing conservative black gown to the Golden Globes.

When you say she lacks taste, are you talking specifically about her outfits or more than that?

bionic
2 hours ago, RockySayTalk said:

Why did no one mentioned our fav TB won his 18th grammy last night??

what a cutie 

Tony won ANOTHER album? Does he churn them out?!

buy bionic

3 hours ago, etron said:

I thought it was a fantastic performance in its own right. If there hadn't been so much hype, I think the general reaction from fans would have been very different. To be honest, I can understand where people are coming from. Apart from the facial mapping at the start and the projection of Gaga on the screen, I'm not sure what other technology was supposed to be so extraordinary. The things on Gaga's hands didn't seem to be doing much, unless I'm missing something?

Anyway, I think people should just forget about being overhyped and watch the performance with fresh eyes, because it's pretty incredible in my opinion.

It looks like there were things flying around on stage, projected by light, that she may have been controlling with the things on her wrists. That's pretty huge. Stuff you normally need 3D glasses to see she was manipulating with her hands right in front of her. At least that's what it seemed like was happening. 

giskardsb
5 hours ago, SKANK said:

I have a personal preference for outrageous and innovative fashion, which is different then unintentionally tasteless fashion. Think Leigh Bowery over Liberace. That isn't a flip flop, just a matter of nuance.

That being said, I agree with most of your post/rant.

I think you are using the wrong word.  If anything Gaga has been praised for pure "conventional" Taste over the last few years, we haven't seen her on a worst dressed list in ages.  It's the mix in of more avant garde in an artful manner I think you are looking for but I don't know what word would describe that.

freebit

She did great! I was SO afraid the tech wasn't going to work, or we'd have a situation that would end up like that frustrating gif of Beyonce laying just off center of that screen and missing her mark, but thankfully everything went well.

I think she tried too hard to take her voice into a deeper octave than is natural for her, but otherwise, she really embodied the theatricality of 70s/early 80s Bowie. I feel like those complaining and wanting a piano performance or someone more low-key/indie stan more for Low era Bowie - which while nice, is not the Bowie that the majority remembers the most. 

8 hours ago, Whispering said:

She knew it wasn't going well because she could hear the off tune string sound. The piano mics fell on to the piano strings and made it sound out of tune. It's kind of hard to sing with an out of tune sound throughout much of your song.

Someone got fired tonight. Lol

Yeah you could see it in her face. She was not pleased... Poor girl.

8 hours ago, SKANK said:

This performance cemented an opinion I've had for a while. I don't think Gaga has taste. I think she has always relied on individuals like Dada or Nicola to refine her ideas. That is why a tour with Kayne West (an artists with a great sense of design) made sense a few years ago, but wouldn't make sense now.

What I hoped was self-aware kitschness, just turns out to be tackynesss. It's too literal to wear stars and stripes heels and a red pant suit to perform the National Anthem, it's too literal to wear copy-and-paste David Bowie outfits during a Bowie tribute, it's too literal to wear beautiful gowns and a red lip when singing with Tony.

"It's the national anthem what were you expecting, it's a tribute performance what were you expecting, it's a collaboration with Tony Bennet what were you expecting?" I'm expecting innovation, and there is no reason why her spirit of innovation should be limited to the realm of pop music.

As for this performance specifically, I think it was alright. The cons: It would have been preferable to knock one song out of the park as opposed to rushing through a dozen of his greatest hits. The costumes were tacky and would be at home in a Vegas review or a drag show. Making a profit from a Bowie tribute by collaborating with Intel seems uncouth. The promise of being shown something we haven't seen before wasn't met. The pros: She is a great performer, give her a stage and she will always deliver.

Thank you for this post. I have wondered the same thing but couldn't put it into words like you did. I really think she is lacking a sense of perspective. She's got truck-loads of talent that's for sure. But when it comes to being an artist in the truest form of the word, she is just a canvas which different designers/artists use as their play-up doll etc. to showcase ideas/concepts/tastes. To the point where she doesn't even have her own point of view or vision of herself. Maybe that's just how she is - living vicariously so that she can discover an identity for herself. Idk but as a fan myself it's one fundamental trait of Gaga that I can't argue against.

she did great and im sure she put a lot of effort in it but i feel like someone else would have been a better choice. gaga's voice just doesn't suit his songs imo and it didn't really feel like a bowie tribute to me. also her dancing didn't really feel heart felt and rather forced. maybe it's got a lot to do with the set list and the moving key board which looked really cheap. it's a nice performance but i wouldn't give it a standing ovation. her oscars performance actually was a great tribute and did feel authentic.

But where was the never seen before technology? Was it the face tracking effects at the beginning? The dancing piano? The colors above her head at the end? I thought she was going to levitate and then blow up and release glitter. INTEL over-hyped.

My honest opinion of her performance:

I dont know any of Bowie's music, and Gaga's performance didnt make me want to know more about his work.She should have focused on a few songs that showcased her voice.
But i think is Intel's fault for over-hyping the performance.
Got me scratching my head, wondering what was the never seen before technology; was it the dancing piano? Was it the messy face tracking technology at the beginning? What was it?
At that level of hype i was expecting something groundbreaking, something magical.

did something go wrong at the start of let's dance, looks like she was putting alot of effort into making the rings work and nothing was going on in the background

Bad Bromance

Gaga!!  You're a f*cking legend.  I loved, loved, loved this performance so much.  Gaga literally transformed herself into Bowie and paid tribute to him the way no one else would have, tbh.  I was hoping for more technology from Intel, but at the end of the day our Queen rocked the house and that's all that really mattered to me.   :applause:

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

Archived