💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is it just me or Beyonce's fans are racist af?

Fiona Apple

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I have it on good authority that Asians do experience dreadful racism in America. You are clearly only coming at this from your personal perspective. I'm basing it on what Asian Americans are actually claiming. Your use of the term "model minority" is so racist but you are under the delusion it isn't, which says a lot.

You don't think being assumed to be of the wrong nationality and religion is deeply offensive? And to then be assumed to be a terrorist because of this untrue assumption? Have a bit of empathy. Of course America has a lot of anti Muslim sentiment - this is where 9/11 happened! That moment has demonised Muslims ever since. Now, of course blacks can get mocked based on accents and features too, but it's nowhere near the same level, lets be real.

The justice system is general is a mess everywhere. Everyone is suffering for it. In America, it's a lot worse than others. I haven't watched that series, Making A Murderer, but apparently it talks about the problems with how cops operate. It says that if you were the only person at the scene of the crime, they'll find it hard not to believe you did it and are unlikely to drop this impression, even when evidence is provided to the contrary. Also, if you're poor and/or uneducated, your chances of being implicated are even higher. This means it covers all races. I read up on crime stories all the time and I read an extraordinary amount of stories of unjust imprisonments of whites, some who were put on death row, even though there was no evidence implicating them as guilty whatsoever. There are so many factors at work in deciding what your fate is. Gender is a massive one - the police are just less likely to suspect women and give them shorter jail sentances, particularly if they have children. And I say this as a woman. This is why jails are mostly full of men. Yes, there is a problem in the amount of blacks and Hispanics being arrested and jailed but are you saying the ones who are genuinely guilty shouldn't go down for what they did? If you're guilty, you pay, if you're innocent, you go free. America is still working out this equation but it's nuts to start painting all convicts as victims of racism when we don't know the full story and because it's the PC way to be.

I never said blacks don't experience bad racism. They do, but some of it arises from issues they themselves have made the conscious decision to be a part of. They chose to get into gangs, do drugs, pull drive bys, steal and suchlike. Yes, being poor can sometimes drive people to do these things, but plenty of poor people don't. Sometimes, you have to look at the real cause of the problem. Plenty of poor people live within the law, no matter how many jobs they have to work to do so. If you're poor but make the right life decisions, you're far more likely to survive and do well in the world. But some people don't want to take responsibility for their actions and put the blame on outside factors. Do you think poor white people who commit crime are to blame for their lives not working out? If so, why do you give a free pass to blacks?

No, I'm not sensitive to what the "model minority" faces. I care about all issues affecting all minorities. Which is why I'd like to see them all at the forefront. For them all to be on the same level and treated with the same amount of respect and gravitas. And we won't get that if you start ranking minorities and giving them sub sections.

Now you just sound really ignorant. My term "model minority" is racist how? when it comes to studies trying to pinpoint Asian issues studies themselves use the term "model minority" in sentences such as "due to Asians being a so-called Model Minority not enough research goes into figuring out their problems" It's not a "racist" term it's literally a proper term, people are far less likely to view Asians in negative light because of their race even if they say insensitive things about them. All minorities have insensitive things said about them however Asians are expected to be smart and make good money, while you may get a bunch of racist crap based on looks happening you still aren't being stereotyped as an up to no good drug dealing raping brown person.

By the way notice how you say "i'm basing it off what Asians have told me" so what have hispanics told you? What have blacks told you? Are you not talking to them or something to hear what their issues are, or are you just largely brushing their issues to the side?

"The justice system is a mess everywhere" so you're just going to ignore the racial issues within our system our very own damn government says exists and just sweep it under the rug?

They do, but some of it arises from issues they themselves have made the conscious decision to be a part of. They chose to get into gangs, do drugs, pull drive bys, steal and suchlike.

scsc.gif

Do you not see how this line is racist by itself? Like are you that bloody daft right now?! You go from talking about prejudice facing Asians and jump straight to "blacks bring it onto themselves by being in gangs and do drugs and drive bys"  like the amount of stupid coming out of your post is hard to comprehend at this point. 

Plenty of poor people in URBAN AREAS do all those things regardless of race, you have to compare poor URBAN AREAS. Ohio did one such study and found almost identical violent crime rates between blacks and whites.

Your post just judged all black people by all poor black people in urban areas, do you not see how that itself is racist? 

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond
20 hours ago, Soleils said:

Now you just sound really ignorant. My term "model minority" is racist how? when it comes to studies trying to pinpoint Asian issues studies themselves use the term "model minority" in sentences such as "due to Asians being a so-called Model Minority not enough research goes into figuring out their problems" It's not a "racist" term it's literally a proper term, people are far less likely to view Asians in negative light because of their race even if they say insensitive things about them. All minorities have insensitive things said about them however Asians are expected to be smart and make good money, while you may get a bunch of racist crap based on looks happening you still aren't being stereotyped as an up to no good drug dealing raping brown person.

By the way notice how you say "i'm basing it off what Asians have told me" so what have hispanics told you? What have blacks told you? Are you not talking to them or something to hear what their issues are, or are you just largely brushing their issues to the side?

"The justice system is a mess everywhere" so you're just going to ignore the racial issues within our system our very own damn government says exists and just sweep it under the rug?

They do, but some of it arises from issues they themselves have made the conscious decision to be a part of. They chose to get into gangs, do drugs, pull drive bys, steal and suchlike.

scsc.gif

Do you not see how this line is racist by itself? Like are you that bloody daft right now?! You go from talking about prejudice facing Asians and jump straight to "blacks bring it onto themselves by being in gangs and do drugs and drive bys"  like the amount of stupid coming out of your post is hard to comprehend at this point. 

Plenty of poor people in URBAN AREAS do all those things regardless of race, you have to compare poor URBAN AREAS. Ohio did one such study and found almost identical violent crime rates between blacks and whites.

Your post just judged all black people by all poor black people in urban areas, do you not see how that itself is racist? 

"Model minority" (a term I'd never heard before), sounds like it implies that there's a minority that whites are ok with and it singles them out and makes them have it not quite as bad as other minorities. They suffer a bit or prejudice but have a lot of other positive stereotypes to make up for it. They are the way that other minorities strive to be like. Am I right? Because that sounds racist to me. It suggests that you're looking down on other minorities for whom you perceive to have it better than you. Well, I say that a lot of people can be suffering in ways you never imagined, but you just don't realise because you've never considered life in their shoes. Saying that Asians are stereotyped at the end of the day as being smart and making good money is very rose-tinted. There's a lot of negativity that lives side by side with that. You say that blacks struggle to be seen as anything more than drug dealing rapists but Asians (depending on region) also have to deal with being seen as anything more than...a terrorist (all middle easterns), an abusive husband (middle eastern males), an oppressed housewife (middle eastern females), a sexual deviant (middle eastern males), a geek with no friends (east Asian), a pervert (East Asian males), a prostitute (East Asian females), a mail order bride (all Asian females). This kind of stuff actually gets shouted at them at times and it's accepted by many that this is how they all are. How many times do you see an East Asian male portrayed as attractive in media (if they're in the media at all?) How many times do you see an East Asian woman portrayed in media as anything other than a sex object or a hard-hearted career woman? How many times do you see a Muslim in a prominent role in any media? Now, blacks may have their issues with stereotypes too but at least the men have been portrayed as attractive, the women are portrayed in many different ways and there's actually blacks around in a lot of media. Asians are either non-existant or extremely stereotyped (usually negative) when they are.

Yes, I do listen to what blacks and Hispanics (though I view them as white) say too. I'm just pointing out that Asians are getting largely ignored and I think it's unfair. When it comes to talking about race issues, almost all the focus is on the blacks when the discussion is American-based and it just shows how one-sided the debate is. There's struggle going on that isn't getting enough attention.

No, I'm not going to ignore the race issues, I'm merely suggesting that there's so much more to it than that. If you think race is the only thing that affects a judge and jury's verdict, you are sorely mistaken. The amount of whites who have been put away for crimes they didn't commit speaks for itself. There are so many factors that determine if you get stopped by police or if your story gets taken as truth in court.Race in no way saves you. And police brutality is a problem worldwide, for all races. I remember when I went to Spain how frightening those police officers looked. And I found out that if you get suspected of a crime there, it's common for them to start beating you up (apparently they know how to do it in a way that won't seriously hurt you, which isn't much consolation). So, yeah..no one ever talks about that. There were also a lot of stories in the last few years of US police tasering anyone who looked at them the wrong way and in the reports I read, a lot of these victims are white, including an elderly lady over a parking ticket (they tasered her even after she said she'd sign it). But if any police action against a black person goes beyond the pale, the country goes nuts and it gets far more attention. This is what I mean - police brutality only seems to be taken seriously when it's blacks getting beaten up and we're led to believe that it's only blacks it's happening to.

It's always the same when you bring up the stereotypical list of things - people miss the point. I'm not supporting the stereotypes, I'm just giving examples. All races can do this. No matter what your race, if you're going to live a life of crime, I don't have much sympathy. Being poor is not an excuse. Plenty of poor people, of all races, live an honest life and providing being poor as an excuse to be into crime degrades the poor who are upstanding citizens. It doesn't take a genius to work out that if you're going to be a drug dealer, there's a chance you could get killed by a client, a rival dealer, a police officer. It comes with the territory. That's the risk you take by being a criminal. I'd even say that hardcore criminals aren't even afraid to die. Are you saying now that black criminals shouldn't be arrested because it's demoralising to their race? Shouldn't every criminal pay for their actions, regardless of race? I've never been remotely close to being shot by a police officer, not because I'm white, but because I don't do crime! Apply some common sense to the situation!

I never said that whites don't do these crimes. And I am talking about poor urban areas. I live in the murder capital in my majority-white country - I know about the amount of white crime going on. I've even said that where I'm from, it's whites causing all the trouble. I have never felt unsafe around black people because I've never had a reason to, plus, they've never caused any trouble where I live. I laughed so much when Chris Rock said: "I am scared of young white boys! If you're white and under 21, I am running for the hills!" Because that's what I'm like! Because young white boys cause a lot of trouble where I'm from! So I'm judging my own race here! So, I'm in no way saying that whites aren't doing crime. Where you find poverty, you'll find crime (I also live in the most poverty-stricken area in my country). All I'm saying is that there's no excuse for turning to crime just because you're poor. We get ourselves into a terrible situation if we start excusing it.

4 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

"Model minority" (a term I'd never heard before), sounds like it implies that there's a minority that whites are ok with and it singles them out and makes them have it not quite as bad as other minorities. They suffer a bit or prejudice but have a lot of other positive stereotypes to make up for it. They are the way that other minorities strive to be like. Am I right? Because that sounds racist to me. It suggests that you're looking down on other minorities for whom you perceive to have it better than you. Well, I say that a lot of people can be suffering in ways you never imagined, but you just don't realise because you've never considered life in their shoes. Saying that Asians are stereotyped at the end of the day as being smart and making good money is very rose-tinted. There's a lot of negativity that lives side by side with that. You say that blacks struggle to be seen as anything more than drug dealing rapists but Asians (depending on region) also have to deal with being seen as anything more than...a terrorist (all middle easterns), an abusive husband (middle eastern males), an oppressed housewife (middle eastern females), a sexual deviant (middle eastern males), a geek with no friends (east Asian), a pervert (East Asian males), a prostitute (East Asian females), a mail order bride (all Asian females). This kind of stuff actually gets shouted at them at times and it's accepted by many that this is how they all are. How many times do you see an East Asian male portrayed as attractive in media (if they're in the media at all?) How many times do you see an East Asian woman portrayed in media as anything other than a sex object or a hard-hearted career woman? How many times do you see a Muslim in a prominent role in any media? Now, blacks may have their issues with stereotypes too but at least the men have been portrayed as attractive, the women are portrayed in many different ways and there's actually blacks around in a lot of media. Asians are either non-existant or extremely stereotyped (usually negative) when they are.

Yes, I do listen to what blacks and Hispanics (though I view them as white) say too. I'm just pointing out that Asians are getting largely ignored and I think it's unfair. When it comes to talking about race issues, almost all the focus is on the blacks when the discussion is American-based and it just shows how one-sided the debate is. There's struggle going on that isn't getting enough attention.

No, I'm not going to ignore the race issues, I'm merely suggesting that there's so much more to it than that. If you think race is the only thing that affects a judge and jury's verdict, you are sorely mistaken. The amount of whites who have been put away for crimes they didn't commit speaks for itself. There are so many factors that determine if you get stopped by police or if your story gets taken as truth in court.Race in no way saves you. And police brutality is a problem worldwide, for all races. I remember when I went to Spain how frightening those police officers looked. And I found out that if you get suspected of a crime there, it's common for them to start beating you up (apparently they know how to do it in a way that won't seriously hurt you, which isn't much consolation). So, yeah..no one ever talks about that. There were also a lot of stories in the last few years of US police tasering anyone who looked at them the wrong way and in the reports I read, a lot of these victims are white, including an elderly lady over a parking ticket (they tasered her even after she said she'd sign it). But if any police action against a black person goes beyond the pale, the country goes nuts and it gets far more attention. This is what I mean - police brutality only seems to be taken seriously when it's blacks getting beaten up and we're led to believe that it's only blacks it's happening to.

It's always the same when you bring up the stereotypical list of things - people miss the point. I'm not supporting the stereotypes, I'm just giving examples. All races can do this. No matter what your race, if you're going to live a life of crime, I don't have much sympathy. Being poor is not an excuse. Plenty of poor people, of all races, live an honest life and providing being poor as an excuse to be into crime degrades the poor who are upstanding citizens. It doesn't take a genius to work out that if you're going to be a drug dealer, there's a chance you could get killed by a client, a rival dealer, a police officer. It comes with the territory. That's the risk you take by being a criminal. I'd even say that hardcore criminals aren't even afraid to die. Are you saying now that black criminals shouldn't be arrested because it's demoralising to their race? Shouldn't every criminal pay for their actions, regardless of race? I've never been remotely close to being shot by a police officer, not because I'm white, but because I don't do crime! Apply some common sense to the situation!

I never said that whites don't do these crimes. And I am talking about poor urban areas. I live in the murder capital in my majority-white country - I know about the amount of white crime going on. I've even said that where I'm from, it's whites causing all the trouble. I have never felt unsafe around black people because I've never had a reason to, plus, they've never caused any trouble where I live. I laughed so much when Chris Rock said: "I am scared of young white boys! If you're white and under 21, I am running for the hills!" Because that's what I'm like! Because young white boys cause a lot of trouble where I'm from! So I'm judging my own race here! So, I'm in no way saying that whites aren't doing crime. Where you find poverty, you'll find crime (I also live in the most poverty-stricken area in my country). All I'm saying is that there's no excuse for turning to crime just because you're poor. We get ourselves into a terrible situation if we start excusing it.

Hispanics... what hispanics, because Dominicans sure as hell aren't "white"

Everyone gets put away for crimes they didn't commit, the issues is the rate at which it affects different races...

The term I'm using is "my" term for Asians but instead how Asians are viewed by this country as a whole, they as a group are consider the "model minority" low crime rates,  more likely to be educated, and more likely to make more money. Okay so people get stuff shouted at them... I just had a person yelling at me yesterday and following me in a damn car beeping at me because I was wearing an ushanka. I've had plenty of run ins with random racist groups around here, since for some reason kkk and neo-nazis are still in existence. Then there's always the racism from other minorities.

You say at least the men have been portrayed as attractive, which is interesting because that's not what I see... I mean if we look at the gay community for a moment  black men are the least desirable.

shaneybaby

its def a double standard.  black ppl can make fun of white ppl n its totally okay, but if a white person says a single semi racist comment they're condemned to hell lol.  if you want Equality it needs to come from everyone. I find it really obnoxious actually. If white ppl started WET (WHITE ENTERTAINMENT TELEVISION) it would be seen as the absolute worst thing a human could do... 

I don't think a black person or culture should be allowed to do these type of things because imo it segregates us further and causes separation, it doesn't bind us and create equality. 

Lord Temptation

America: the land of labels. Who cares about who you are, I just want to know which label to put on you.

Alien Tulip
On 2/17/2016 at 6:25 PM, Soleils said:

scsc.gif

People don't view Asians in a negative light in terms of violence but they are seen as "the ugly race" to many people. Asians do get discriminated more by the media and entertainment business in general. They get discriminated less than Blacks, Afro Latinos and Arabs but White Latinos/Light skin ones have more privilege than Asians. If an asian women and a Mestizo or White Latina were to apply for the same job chances are the Latina will get the position instead of the asian woman even if the asian woman has a higher degree. This is currently an issue in NYC where even landlord of expensive buildings are refusing asian people to move into there but are accepting white and latinas as neighbors to look more "consistent" which is doesn't make sense but it goes to show you that money doesnt always buy brains.

StrawberryBlond
18 hours ago, Soleils said:

Hispanics... what hispanics, because Dominicans sure as hell aren't "white"

Everyone gets put away for crimes they didn't commit, the issues is the rate at which it affects different races...

The term I'm using is "my" term for Asians but instead how Asians are viewed by this country as a whole, they as a group are consider the "model minority" low crime rates,  more likely to be educated, and more likely to make more money. Okay so people get stuff shouted at them... I just had a person yelling at me yesterday and following me in a damn car beeping at me because I was wearing an ushanka. I've had plenty of run ins with random racist groups around here, since for some reason kkk and neo-nazis are still in existence. Then there's always the racism from other minorities.

You say at least the men have been portrayed as attractive, which is interesting because that's not what I see... I mean if we look at the gay community for a moment  black men are the least desirable.

Hispanic is an ethnicity, not a race. I don't understand how it can be considered a race when there is massively different views on it between continents. In the Americas, most people consider them a race (although it's not technically defined as one in American definitions) and in Europe, they are considered white. They might be in other continents too. If you look up the Wikipedia definition of Hispanic, it says "Hispanic is a term that broadly refers to the peoples, nations, and cultures that have a historical link to Spain." There is no mention of race. The U.S. Census Bureau defines Hispanic or Latino to refer to "a person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin regardless of race" and states that Hispanics or Latinos can be of any race, any ancestry, any ethnicity. This is why you can get black Hispanics - they're not mixed race. Their race is black, their ethnicity and culture are Hispanic. Also, the word Hispanic refers to the Hispaniola - the range of countries stretching from Spain around to the Caribbean. This is why you don't have to speak Spanish or be from a Spanish speaking country to be Hispanic because Portugal and Brazil are within the Hispaniola. My mum worked for years in the Hispanic studies department of a university and worked with Spaniards - she confirmed all this stuff to me, especially the last bit (she got an email from a student asking if being from Portugal made her Hispanic - weird but true). More importantly, if Hispanics are considered a race, why aren't Italians? They're also from the Mediterranean, very close to Spain, and have a darker skin tone than the average white European. Why aren't they their own race? See what I mean about inconsistent definitions? Dominicans (I assume you mean Dominican Republic, not Dominicans - another distinction Americans don't always make) aren't "white" not because they're Hispanic, but because most of them are mixed race - apparently 73% of the people are mixed, 16% white and 11% black. Note nothing was said about Hispanic, because it's not a race. The Dominican Republic is a tough one because being situated where it is, there'll be a lot of blacks from the black-orientated Caribbean islands and a lot of Hispanics from the Hispanic orientated Caribbean islands, as well as Central and South America. This culminates in a big mixed race of a nation. That's why they're the colour they are. This touches on what I said earlier about black Hispanics. The problem is that a lot of Hispanics believe in "you are what your parents are," so even if they've been born and raised in America, they'll consider themselves fully Mexican, Brazilian, whatever, because that's where their parents were originally from. And a lot of black Hispanics don't own their black side - they consider themselves fully Hispanic, again, because they were born and raised in a Hispanic country or culture. I find that a bit sad, to be honest, that they deny their very obvious race.

Yes, there's different rates but that can merely depend on how many of each race is getting involved in crime or being in the wrong place at the wrong time to be connected with a crime. It's no more different to saying: "There's barely any blacks in government because the government's racist." Maybe a lot of blacks just don't want to be in government? I don't know anyone who wants to get involved in politics because they have no faith in politicians. This is the same argument I use when the situation is raised about how few women there are in government - no woman I know wants to enter in the first place, not because they don't think they're up to the job but because they have no faith in politics. Let's look at the real root of the problem and fix the issue.

It goes so much more deeper for Asians than "just getting some stuff shouted at them." You are underestimating the issue massively. Here was a great, funny video from Natalie Tran, the Vietnamese-Australian YouTuber, giving a talk about Asians in the media at Brown University (You can skip to 4:10 when she properly gets started):

I think you're just looking at the issue of black attractiveness too negatively. Lots of white women find black men attractive *raises hand* The problem is that there can be some casual racism applied when white women say that they like black men. Like..."I like men to be big and muscular, so I like black guys," "I only watch basketball because of all the hot black dudes!" "With my big booty, I get hit on by black men all the time!" Not all women who say this stuff are racist, but they do reinforce stereotypes. But regardless, they're still finding blacks attractive. And considering how much white women are tanning themselves, getting lip injections, butt implants and wearing urbanised clothing, I'd say they find black women attractive too (yes, some women can do all this and be racist, but this number is greatly over-exaggerated). Now compare this to Asians...

Like Natalie said above, how often do you see an Asian man portrayed as attractive in the media? How often do you see an Asian man in a relationship or being the love interest in any tv or film? Because Asians are widely considered the most unattractive race by many. Even whites who aren't racist (and blacks too) would likely put Asians at the very bottom of the attraction pile (East Asians anyway). Asian women tend to get a better deal - they're generally considered hot because of Asian p0rn and racist depictions of them as prostitutes. But the men don't get a good rep at all. You say that in the gay community, black men are considered unattractive and yes, apparently, they do have a hard time finding dates and Grindr is awash with profiles stating "no blacks please." But there are also a lot of profiles that also state "no Asians please." And some even have both. I saw a video once of men looking through racist Grindr profiles, actually and they were shocked (gives you hope for the world). You must know the discrimination against Asians is just as strong in the gay community, surely? I mean, how often do you see a gay Asian couple anywhere? Or a mixed race gay couple?

17 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Hispanic is an ethnicity, not a race. I don't understand how it can be considered a race when there is massively different views on it between continents. In the Americas, most people consider them a race (although it's not technically defined as one in American definitions) and in Europe, they are considered white. They might be in other continents too. If you look up the Wikipedia definition of Hispanic, it says "Hispanic is a term that broadly refers to the peoples, nations, and cultures that have a historical link to Spain." There is no mention of race. The U.S. Census Bureau defines Hispanic or Latino to refer to "a person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin regardless of race" and states that Hispanics or Latinos can be of any race, any ancestry, any ethnicity. This is why you can get black Hispanics - they're not mixed race. Their race is black, their ethnicity and culture are Hispanic. Also, the word Hispanic refers to the Hispaniola - the range of countries stretching from Spain around to the Caribbean. This is why you don't have to speak Spanish or be from a Spanish speaking country to be Hispanic because Portugal and Brazil are within the Hispaniola. My mum worked for years in the Hispanic studies department of a university and worked with Spaniards - she confirmed all this stuff to me, especially the last bit (she got an email from a student asking if being from Portugal made her Hispanic - weird but true). More importantly, if Hispanics are considered a race, why aren't Italians? They're also from the Mediterranean, very close to Spain, and have a darker skin tone than the average white European. Why aren't they their own race? See what I mean about inconsistent definitions? Dominicans (I assume you mean Dominican Republic, not Dominicans - another distinction Americans don't always make) aren't "white" not because they're Hispanic, but because most of them are mixed race - apparently 73% of the people are mixed, 16% white and 11% black. Note nothing was said about Hispanic, because it's not a race. The Dominican Republic is a tough one because being situated where it is, there'll be a lot of blacks from the black-orientated Caribbean islands and a lot of Hispanics from the Hispanic orientated Caribbean islands, as well as Central and South America. This culminates in a big mixed race of a nation. That's why they're the colour they are. This touches on what I said earlier about black Hispanics. The problem is that a lot of Hispanics believe in "you are what your parents are," so even if they've been born and raised in America, they'll consider themselves fully Mexican, Brazilian, whatever, because that's where their parents were originally from. And a lot of black Hispanics don't own their black side - they consider themselves fully Hispanic, again, because they were born and raised in a Hispanic country or culture. I find that a bit sad, to be honest, that they deny their very obvious race.

Yes, there's different rates but that can merely depend on how many of each race is getting involved in crime or being in the wrong place at the wrong time to be connected with a crime. It's no more different to saying: "There's barely any blacks in government because the government's racist." Maybe a lot of blacks just don't want to be in government? I don't know anyone who wants to get involved in politics because they have no faith in politicians. This is the same argument I use when the situation is raised about how few women there are in government - no woman I know wants to enter in the first place, not because they don't think they're up to the job but because they have no faith in politics. Let's look at the real root of the problem and fix the issue.

It goes so much more deeper for Asians than "just getting some stuff shouted at them." You are underestimating the issue massively. Here was a great, funny video from Natalie Tran, the Vietnamese-Australian YouTuber, giving a talk about Asians in the media at Brown University (You can skip to 4:10 when she properly gets started):

I think you're just looking at the issue of black attractiveness too negatively. Lots of white women find black men attractive *raises hand* The problem is that there can be some casual racism applied when white women say that they like black men. Like..."I like men to be big and muscular, so I like black guys," "I only watch basketball because of all the hot black dudes!" "With my big booty, I get hit on by black men all the time!" Not all women who say this stuff are racist, but they do reinforce stereotypes. But regardless, they're still finding blacks attractive. And considering how much white women are tanning themselves, getting lip injections, butt implants and wearing urbanised clothing, I'd say they find black women attractive too (yes, some women can do all this and be racist, but this number is greatly over-exaggerated). Now compare this to Asians...

Like Natalie said above, how often do you see an Asian man portrayed as attractive in the media? How often do you see an Asian man in a relationship or being the love interest in any tv or film? Because Asians are widely considered the most unattractive race by many. Even whites who aren't racist (and blacks too) would likely put Asians at the very bottom of the attraction pile (East Asians anyway). Asian women tend to get a better deal - they're generally considered hot because of Asian p0rn and racist depictions of them as prostitutes. But the men don't get a good rep at all. You say that in the gay community, black men are considered unattractive and yes, apparently, they do have a hard time finding dates and Grindr is awash with profiles stating "no blacks please." But there are also a lot of profiles that also state "no Asians please." And some even have both. I saw a video once of men looking through racist Grindr profiles, actually and they were shocked (gives you hope for the world). You must know the discrimination against Asians is just as strong in the gay community, surely? I mean, how often do you see a gay Asian couple anywhere? Or a mixed race gay couple?

Believe me I know all about different types of Hispanics and what Hispanic means, my upbringing has assured me of that. Dominicans generally have way more african blood than other hispanics and no native as they were all killed off and replaced with african slaves.

Most Hispanics tick white even if they don't look white, even if they look like they're way more native than white, they will still tick white. You have plenty of hispanics who are darker than some black people and still tick white.

How often do you see blacks and Hispanics portrayed as not some stereotype in video games?  That's a form of media, and basically all non-white characters are portrayed as stereotypes typically.

It's not just grindr the same issues exist in bars, or in gayborhoods, which typically are very very very white washed. I said issues facing looks and such exist in both communities. I am saying when it comes to systemic issues though blacks and hispanics have it far worse than Asians.

Archived