šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

We should be happy about the Anti era

Creyk

Featured Posts

ctherainbow
1 minute ago, AlexanderLevi2 said:

I think competition is essential in life but dragging, hating, etc. musicians seems wrong to me (yes I've done it but I try not to). Healthy competition is great but the other competition is just plain useless to me. It's like competition in academics. Just because some has a 4.0 doesn't make them smarter or better at jobs. LikeĀ selling 7 million albums doesn't make someone a better musician than someone who sells 500k.

Well, everyone has their own thing that they pick to be competitive with. Ā It's kinda the same thing when you're a fan of one sports team and a fan of your rival team is talking **** about your team. Ā Are you gonna respond, or take the high road and just ignore them and continue to love your team? Ā Feeding into people's competitive spirit isn't gonna help them stop. Ā  :shrug:Ā 

I'm talkin' 'bout forever, baby.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, AlexanderLevi2 said:

Why are album releases competitions? This is not sports. Can we stop acting like fighting over who is the best or who will sell more actually matters? Do you wonder why Gaga has had several meltdowns because of LMs???

I think it's not about the competition philosophy, it is just how the pop industry works. Winner takes that no.1 and the looser gets bashed by the media. Have you been around in 2013? I think these observations were the main incentive for the creator of this topic.

To me the only real threat is Katy's lead single which may come out in summer I think. After thinking about it, Rihanna and Beyonce are not really a competition for Gaga since they have very different targetĀ base. If Katy's lead destroys Gaga's one again it will be a K.O. so Gaga needs to be smart doing quick release before april ends imho.

AlexanderLevi2
46 minutes ago, mic said:

I think it's not about the competition philosophy, it is just how the pop industry works. Winner takes that no.1 and the looser gets bashed by the media. Have you been around in 2013? I think these observations were the main incentive for the creator of this topic.

To me the only real threat is Katy's lead single which may come out in summer I think. After thinking about it, Rihanna and Beyonce are not really a competition for Gaga since they have very different targetĀ base. If Katy's lead destroys Gaga's one again it will be a K.O. so Gaga needs to be smart doing quick release before april ends imho.

Yes I've been around the LM community since TFM. Again, we feed the media. By caring so much about rankings, charts, and everything else the media feeds us those fights among celebrities (which usually aren't a real thing to begin with) and the Stan wars begin. I honestly think if the fans took a step back and stopped the drama and started the music, charts would be more of an achievement rather than a end-all for pop stars. People will literally stop stanning for someone because they are not #1 in every country in the world. We need to stop doing that to ourselves and our tastes in music. I enjoyed every part of the ARTPOP era, somehow. However I did notice myself questioning whether I should actually like it cause everyone here says it flopped so hard and Gaga was over. TBH, my friends that don't follow pop stars, do not follow charts or care in the least.

Ā 

My point is saying to stop worrying so much about competition and just enjoy the things that she brings to the table. Let's focus on her and be happy when she releases a single rather than throw tantrums when the lead single isĀ #3 rather than #1.

Currently listening to Joanne

1 hour ago, AlexanderLevi2 said:

Yes I've been around the LM community since TFM. Again, we feed the media. By caring so much about rankings, charts, and everything else the media feeds us those fights among celebrities (which usually aren't a real thing to begin with) and the Stan wars begin. I honestly think if the fans took a step back and stopped the drama and started the music, charts would be more of an achievement rather than a end-all for pop stars. People will literally stop stanning for someone because they are not #1 in every country in the world. We need to stop doing that to ourselves and our tastes in music. I enjoyed every part of the ARTPOP era, somehow. However I did notice myself questioning whether I should actually like it cause everyone here says it flopped so hard and Gaga was over. TBH, my friends that don't follow pop stars, do not follow charts or care in the least.

Ā 

My point is saying to stop worrying so much about competition and just enjoy the things that she brings to the table. Let's focus on her and be happy when she releases a single rather than throw tantrums when the lead single isĀ #3 rather than #1.

I agree, i think we all had the same feelings after the ARTPOP era was over. I mean when Aura leaked we were slayed to the ground, applause is a great song, but somehow these GP pinches have destroyed the whole experience. I think that's what most fans want to avoid because at the end we know Gaga's work is always more or less perfect.

Archived