💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Controversy over white actor playing MJ in new 911 comedy show.

Quark

Featured Posts

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ARTPOPdidntflop
1 minute ago, Warholiness said:

This entire thread is a heaping pile of ignorance. :air:

what else do you expect from KKK Daily tbh 

Gaga x Nicki x Azealia x Ariana x Kesha x Bey

ARTPOPdidntflop

Let's cast Lupita in Lady Gaga's biopic and see how that sits with y'all 

retroglamx
22 hours ago, ARTPOPdidntflop said:

**** you. When you're doing a biopic on a famous person, you don't CHANGE THEIR RACE. Michael wasn't a white man, he was black. This is so blatantly racist I can't even put it into words. Michael wasn't even white for his adult life. He will always be black, he is African American. 

This is so easy for you to write as a white person because you see yourself in every blockbuster, every film and tv show, every character. White. White. White. 

The ONE chance black kids had to see themselves in a film about one of the most successful, is destroyed, because an African American man is being portrayed by a WHITE ACTOR. You have no right to tell people to take a chill pill, this affects you in no way WHATSOEVER. Stop being so ****ing selfish and maybe start thinking about all the black youth in society(not just America) who need representation for themselves, and they're having it ripped away from their finger tips because white privilege still runs hot through this world. 

Michael was THIRTY YEARS OLD when he started becoming noticeably light skinned. He most DEFINATELY was black in his adult life. The height of his career was made when his skin was BLACK. If any of you were Michael fans you would know he hated it when white actors tried to portray him because he was a white man.

Would you make a biopic of elvis and make him black? NO. 

I'm gonna write this in capitals cause it seems you didn't read I well: TOO DAMN SENSITIVE.

First of all, who says I'm white? Lmao check your facts before you try coming at me. Second, I'm not even gonna comment any further cause you literally proved my point with your long ass post that I stopped reading when you called me white. Thnxbai.

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

This entire situation is just ****ing ridiculous. Michael was visibly uncomfortable with the idea of being portrayed by a white guy, so why do some of you think you know better than the man himself? 

CRYSTAL CASTLES // AMNESTY (I)

ARTPOPdidntflop
2 hours ago, retroglamx said:

I'm gonna write this in capitals cause it seems you didn't read I well: TOO DAMN SENSITIVE.

First of all, who says I'm white? Lmao check your facts before you try coming at me. Second, I'm not even gonna comment any further cause you literally proved my point with your long ass post that I stopped reading when you called me white. Thnxbai.

the point is you're not black so you don't get to decide who should be feeling what. Stay the **** away from black issues if you're not black and you're not going to support or listen 

retroglamx
7 hours ago, ARTPOPdidntflop said:

the point is you're not black so you don't get to decide who should be feeling what. Stay the **** away from black issues if you're not black and you're not going to support or listen 

9 hours ago, Auro said:

People are mad that they have a white person playing MJ during a comedy about 9/11 :rip:

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

Swan Heart

So much drama because of skin colour. Skin colour. How ridiculous is that..

We should stop putting boundaries between us so the world can really be a better place.

Learn that finally.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

On 2/2/2016 at 0:45 AM, ARTPOPdidntflop said:

**** you. When you're doing a biopic on a famous person, you don't CHANGE THEIR RACE. Michael wasn't a white man, he was black. This is so blatantly racist I can't even put it into words. Michael wasn't even white for his adult life. He will always be black, he is African American. 

This is so easy for you to write as a white person because you see yourself in every blockbuster, every film and tv show, every character. White. White. White. 

The ONE chance black kids had to see themselves in a film about one of the most successful, is destroyed, because an African American man is being portrayed by a WHITE ACTOR. You have no right to tell people to take a chill pill, this affects you in no way WHATSOEVER. Stop being so ****ing selfish and maybe start thinking about all the black youth in society(not just America) who need representation for themselves, and they're having it ripped away from their finger tips because white privilege still runs hot through this world. 

Michael was THIRTY YEARS OLD when he started becoming noticeably light skinned. He most DEFINATELY was black in his adult life. The height of his career was made when his skin was BLACK. If any of you were Michael fans you would know he hated it when white actors tried to portray him because he was a white man.

Would you make a biopic of elvis and make him black? NO. 

I totally disagree with the sentiment of the person you replied to, but this was a bit harsh. (mainly the expletives)

And this isn't a biopic really looking into Michael and his legacy/career. It's "a new half-hour TV comedy about an unconfirmed road trip the singer reportedly took with Elizabeth Taylor and Marlon Brandofollowing the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks." I wouldn't say this is a show with a lot of intention to stick to the truth to begin with....

If they were making a biopic of MJ's life, actual confirmed things that happened, I'd be totally against them using a white actor for the whole thing. However, with Michael's skin condition it would be somewhat justified to use someone with light skin to cover his later years when he was much lighter. 

Now one argument people have against hiring a black actor is so bogus.
People keep saying "If they used a black actor they'd have to wear makeup!" 
Has makeup ever stopped people before? Most people on film are wearing makeup anyways, and it's not like the makeup job on that one person to make them lighter would actually be THAT much of a hindrance.

At the end of the day, if someone wants to make a biopic of MJ's life they SHOULD use an African American wearing makeup to look lighter. But I suppose this biopic isn't something to be taken seriously to begin with and they're going for the look rather than the integrity. 

It's cringeworthy, but at the very least I can understand their logic, even if it doesn't come from a place of wanting to understand social issues. 

And as a side note, I really wish the "OMG SHUT UP AND STOP BEING SO OFFENDED" crowd would actually consider why people are frustrated with the way media represents things. I agree people can go overboard with sensitivity for these kinds of things, but for ****'s sake at least try to be understanding about why people feel differently than you do. 

Dark Anatomy

No offense but there aren't many African American's who had the money to bleach their entire skin white like he did. So finding a black actor with white skin is gonna be hard. Plus, Michael doesn't have normal African facial features due to his plastic surgery so makeup is out. This was the best route. People just love to get pissed off about anything in this bitch ass society. 

EDIT: Now if this was before his more recent look, then an African American actor should definitely be cast. 

ARTPOPdidntflop
3 hours ago, Kayla said:

I totally disagree with the sentiment of the person you replied to, but this was a bit harsh. (mainly the expletives)

And this isn't a biopic really looking into Michael and his legacy/career. It's "a new half-hour TV comedy about an unconfirmed road trip the singer reportedly took with Elizabeth Taylor and Marlon Brandofollowing the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks." I wouldn't say this is a show with a lot of intention to stick to the truth to begin with....

If they were making a biopic of MJ's life, actual confirmed things that happened, I'd be totally against them using a white actor for the whole thing. However, with Michael's skin condition it would be somewhat justified to use someone with light skin to cover his later years when he was much lighter. 

Now one argument people have against hiring a black actor is so bogus.
People keep saying "If they used a black actor they'd have to wear makeup!" 
Has makeup ever stopped people before? Most people on film are wearing makeup anyways, and it's not like the makeup job on that one person to make them lighter would actually be THAT much of a hindrance.

At the end of the day, if someone wants to make a biopic of MJ's life they SHOULD use an African American wearing makeup to look lighter. But I suppose this biopic isn't something to be taken seriously to begin with and they're going for the look rather than the integrity. 

It's cringeworthy, but at the very least I can understand their logic, even if it doesn't come from a place of wanting to understand social issues. 

And as a side note, I really wish the "OMG SHUT UP AND STOP BEING SO OFFENDED" crowd would actually consider why people are frustrated with the way media represents things. I agree people can go overboard with sensitivity for these kinds of things, but for ****'s sake at least try to be understanding about why people feel differently than you do. 

Sorry for swearing queen but it's hard not to get passionate towards people who think people should just "get over" it. 

It is more of a relief though to here that this isn't the biopic like I thought but what if new kids who don't know Michael Jackson start thinking that he was a white man based on this tv show??? 

ItsTommyBitch

The IGNORANCE. It never ceases to amaze me. It's like people have never heard of albinism or something :air: (Not that he had it, but like by the shitty reasoning and logic some people are spouting here, black people with albinism are actually white people and have been their entire lives :smh: )

He also DIDNT want a white man to play him, so this is already offensive. 

For the record though, this isn't even an important production like a biopic, so I don't really care :sara: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Archived