💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Ellie Goulding's Voice Sounds Like a Child

Quark

Featured Posts

Emigrante

She will be playing tomorrow in Poland. My friend is going to see her. I know it has nothing to do with this thread, but I felt the need to share this with you. oobe1.gif

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Tove Lo
14 minutes ago, Enigma said:

She can sound very smooth and sweet in recordings. But I have noticed that she is not a very good live singer.

Idk, I saw her live in 2014 and she sounded really good to me but her voice was way more high pitched than what recorded videos and the songs from her album show.

But yeah, her voice is unique, but not bad. I actually hated it at first in 2012 but then after a while, I loved it and her. I was a huge fan of her and literally collected mostly every CD from her. :laughga: But I really dislike Delirium so idk if I'm a big fan still.

hop on that **** like a maniac

AdAstra

I think her voice sounds much better on slower songs where the vocal range is towards the lower end of the scale...on the higher songs her voice trends way to close to dog whistle/Mariah's whistle tone on crack but I love her nonetheless. I'm just always surprised at how amazing she sounds live. She has those ethereal tone that's hard to replicate so she definitely has a brand. 

2 minutes ago, Tove Lo said:

Idk, I saw her live in 2014 and she sounded really good to me but her voice was way more high pitched than what recorded videos and the songs from her album show.

But yeah, her voice is unique, but not bad. I actually hated it at first in 2012 but then after a while, I loved it and her. I was a huge fan of her and literally collected mostly every CD from her. :laughga: But I really dislike Delirium so idk if I'm a big fan still.

I think she sounds very shaky live and not nearly as good as in recordings. But she is a mixed bag when it comes to sounding good in her songs.

Tove Lo
13 minutes ago, Metamorphosis said:

Her voice only works for certain songs. 

Like Burn should NOT have been sung by her. :deadbanana: But Anything Could Happen and LMYD are good examples of songs that complimented her voice.

I think Burn was perfect for her. It was originally made for Leona Lewis but I think her label or herself didn't think it fit on her album... and it doesn't. The demo is bad :laughga: But maybe it's because of that horrendous autotune.

Tove Lo
Just now, Enigma said:

I think she sounds very shaky live and not nearly as good as in recordings. But she is a mixed bag when it comes to sounding good in her songs.

I do agree. 

Some songs she can't even perform live (like Dead In The Water). I think she only performed that at the iTunes Festival and yeah, it wasn't that great.

StarstruckIllusion
13 minutes ago, Lucifer said:

bucket_PNG7770.png

here's a bucket where u can throw all your complaints. stop complaining. thanks.

Omg drag ha to the pits of hell

Whispering

That little girl voice is popular on radio. You can hear Selena doing that voice in her latest hit. 

RockySayTalk

Like some people said, she has a unique voice, and I think it works better for her non-poppish songs (LMLYD aside)

when she plays up the ethereal effect with songs like Halcyon and Atlantis (:wub:) I think it's really really cool, but for On My Mind (especially live...) it doesn't really work I think. I haven't really looked a lot more at her live performances because I enjoy the tracks she makes as music pieces unlike other songs I listen to if that makes sense. She did rise to fame through X factor though right? So she should have some good stage presence 

Archived